What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals - game day thread Eels v Knights

hindy111

Post Whore
If Stone works on his dummy half play, he'll be a nrl player

His passes weren't that bad yesterday as compared to last time he was at hooker

Hooker in Nrl level needs a running and kicking game also. He doesn't have that.
If we have Matterson in side I prob rather Stne then W.Smith tho. Between those 2 we cover most positions.

IFR33K

Coach
Hooker in Nrl level needs a running and kicking game also. He doesn't have that.
If we have Matterson in side I prob rather Stne then W.Smith tho. Between those 2 we cover most positions.

We really need lussick. It’s one thing to be able to pass, but another to have a running game from d-h.

Cloeel

Juniors
Does anyone have a copy/link of the rule showing Guthos kick for the penalty try yesterday was within the rules of the game?
(sorry I know it was posted earlier - just can't find it)

Cheers

Gronk

Staff member
E_EjSCQUYAMiWdp

Happy MEel

First Grade
Does anyone have a copy/link of the rule showing Guthos kick for the penalty try yesterday was within the rules of the game?

Cheers

…and officially here on page 4.

Last edited:

EelsFan05

Bench
I'm still on the fence when it comes to Carty. I would have expected more game sense from him considering he's been around for some time. While he might have a good offload, his decision making is quite questionable at critical times in a game. Poor judgement when it comes to passing comes to mind. Another example of the difference between the good and great teams.
My opinion is he's a ticking timebomb. He'll make a mistake at a critical moment.

EelsFan05

Bench
Agreed. He can't kick and he isn't quick enough to dart out of dummy half.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Stone works on his dummy half play, he'll be a nrl player

His passes weren't that bad yesterday as compared to last time he was at hooker
Stones problem has always been his frequent injurys. It may well be that his size and dedication to the collision will see him as a Kaysa clone. I hope not cause with consistent footy he could develop nicely.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Agreed. He can't kick and he isn't quick enough to dart out of dummy half.
Smart coaches will quickly realise there is no threat from d/h and adjust their line compression accordingly. Its probably why Stone and Smith are played in combination if our first, second or third choice 9 isnt available.

Angry_eel

First Grade
That game, I thought the luck was not on our side. That set where we kept Knights in the 20 and then they get a penalty and score. I was like Darn luck.

Happened multiple times. In seasons gone by, we lose this game.

One thing that isn't luck is Ferguson. He might score 2 but he'll let in 3. Time to fob him off. I also think he'll have to retire, the English game is even faster in attack so they will just run around him.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Also, I'm glad we found Penisini. Opacic couldn't have done 70% of what he did in the last game.

Theere were always wraps on him and people saying he was too young at the start of the season but damn Dude can play.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Also, I'm glad we found Penisini. Opacic couldn't have done 70% of what he did in the last game.

Theere were always wraps on him and people saying he was too young at the start of the season but damn Dude can play.
Im looking forward to our 2022 back 5 being
Gutho, Hayze, will, Waqa and Russell. Make the decision now how we will line up next year and work this combination tirelessly over the preseason.

Rocket man

Juniors

Cheers
I thought the drop kick was only too be used for drop out or field goal attempts but was wrong apparently. I've seen something from ex ref boss
Bernard Sutton explaining it.

Latest posts