What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

docbrown

Coach
For example:

IPSWICH BUFFALOES

is not the same as

BRISBANE BUFFALOES

and is not the same as

SOUTH QUEENSLAND BUFFALOES

They each have a specific connotation.

See what would happen if the Bears played at Gosford but still called themselves NORTH SYDNEY

Springfield isn't Ipswich. It's roughly - what? 6-8 km away?

And that's when? 10 years away?

In the mean time they need to get people from Ipswich, Springfield and Logan wanting to travel 40 minutes to suncorp.

Are people in Logan going to want to do that if it's called Ipswich such and such? I have my doubts about that. Will people in the centre of Brisbane want to support an Ipswich team? I have my doubts about that.

I think the only things that's going to work is a name that encompasses a region bigger than some satellite town. If these guys are serious about matching it with BRISBANE then they shouldn't be called TOOWOOMBA or ROMA or blah blah blah because they'll never, ever, ever be on the same level and if that's the case they should never, ever, ever be admitted because it misses the entire point of having a 3rd team in the SEQ region.

They can have their base of operations in the south and west. They can go recruit members there. But they'd better make the whole thing popular enough that for a decade people will want to make that commitment to go Suncorp.

And by the way Ipswich, Logan etc - it's all South Queensland...

Springfield is Ipswich, what are you talking about? It's part of the Ipswich district and council. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield,_Queensland

Like Ive previously said Logan and Toowoomba haven't officially joined the WC bid, so saying "what about them" is premature until such a time that they do become part of the bid. Ipswich isn't just a satellite city either, it's a pretty big region in it's own right. As far as traveling from Logan-Ipswich, there is no public transport BUT the Logan Motorway cuts straight through both regions and allocating bus services from both councils on game day is manageable.

I haven't said i don't agree with South Queensland, I just don't agree with South Brisbane. South Queensland is ok, though Toowoomba/Lockyer Valley is heading out to West Queensland. Either way, it's going to be restricted no matter what you do.

For example:

IPSWICH BUFFALOES

is not the same as

BRISBANE BUFFALOES

and is not the same as

SOUTH QUEENSLAND BUFFALOES

They each have a specific connotation.

See what would happen if the Bears played at Gosford but still called themselves NORTH SYDNEY

Whilst true, you have to take into account that NRL teams now a days go by their brand name anyway. It's Broncos vs Cowboys or Knights vs Dragons. Clubs don't get mentioned by their regional names that much anymore and certainly don't get marketed anywhere near as much.

Also Bears are called Central Coast Bears. So that's a void point.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Springfield is Ipswich, what are you talking about? It's part of the Ipswich district and council. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield,_Queensland

As a suburb, not a council. I also said how far away it was roughly.

My comments about Toowoomba etc weren't about "what about them" it was to point out how if you make the location identifier smaller then you make the appeal smaller. Why do you think a bunch of clubs tried to called themselves Sydney back in the 90s? You can get disgusted by the disrespect to heritage but it was an attempt to break out of their niche suburban appeal. Eastern Suburbs haven't gone back, they're still trying to have a name that appeals outside of Bondi and fair enough to. They'd get the same affect if they were EASTERN SYDNEY though. Suburbs = small. Sydney = big. It's as simple as that. And rest most clubs are shortened to mascots on occassion but people know Storm = Melbourne, Knights = Newcastle, Cowbys = North Queensland.

Will they known that Jets = Ipswich, Logan, Toowoomba etc - especially if it's only called Ipswich...?

Ipswich is a satellite city. Look at a map. It's a city that propped up on the outskirts of a bigger city and now there's a sprawl trying to connect the two. At the moment the population is akin to the lower Hunter Valley minus Newcastle & Lake Macquarie, similar satellite towns.

As for where is South Queensland, if you were to divide the state into 4 quarters - NORTH WEST, NORTH EAST, SOUTH WEST, SOUTH EAST - all the areas mentioned previously would be in the South East so the "West" thing is kind of moot.

WEST QUEENSLAND or SOUTH WEST QUEENSLAND sounds a bit like it's out Charleville Simpson Desert way.

I don't mind a team saying that anybody in SOUTH QUEENSLAND could support us, even people in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. They can run their operations out of the South and West but it can appeal to a much bigger area - that's the only way it's going to be sustainable against the Broncos.

Also Bears are called Central Coast Bears. So that's a void point.

No it's a valid point. IPSWICH JETS playing out of Suncorp for 10 years will be akin to NORTH SYDNEY BEARS playing out of Gosford for 10 years. See how many locals will think it's "their team" then.

The reason North Sydney have changed the name to Central Coast is because they want to appeal to the area that they're actually playing in. They don't want to be viewed as outsiders. Ipswich needs to do the same if they're going to get people attending at Suncorp for a decade otherwise they'll just be struggling for 10 years in which case I would suggest that it would be better not to even have them at all.

My comments about Toowoomba etc weren't about "what about them" it was to point out how if you make the location identifier smaller then you make the appeal smaller. Why do you think a bunch of clubs tried to called themselves Sydney back in the 90s? You can get disgusted by the disrespect to heritage but it was an attempt to break out of their niche suburban appeal. Eastern Suburbs haven't gone back, they're still trying to have a name that appeals outside of Bondi and fair enough to. They'd get the same affect if they were EASTERN SYDNEY though. Suburbs = small. Sydney = big. It's as simple as that. And rest most clubs are shortened to mascots on occassion but people know Storm = Melbourne, Knights = Newcastle, Cowbys = North Queensland.

Will they known that Jets = Ipswich, Logan, Toowoomba etc - especially if it's only called Ipswich...?

Ipswich is a satellite city. Look at a map. It's a city that propped up on the outskirts of a bigger city and now there's a sprawl trying to connect the two. At the moment the population is akin to the lower Hunter Valley minus Newcastle & Lake Macquarie, similar satellite towns.

As for where is South Queensland, if you were to divide the state into 4 quarters - NORTH WEST, NORTH EAST, SOUTH WEST, SOUTH EAST - all the areas mentioned previously would be in the South East so the "West" thing is kind of moot.

WEST QUEENSLAND or SOUTH WEST QUEENSLAND sounds a bit like it's out Charleville Simpson Desert way.

I don't mind a team saying that anybody in SOUTH QUEENSLAND could support us, even people in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. They can run their operations out of the South and West but it can appeal to a much bigger area - that's the only way it's going to be sustainable against the Broncos.

No it's a valid point. IPSWICH JETS playing out of Suncorp for 10 years will be akin to NORTH SYDNEY BEARS playing out of Gosford for 10 years. See how many locals will think it's "their team" then.

The reason North Sydney have changed the name to Central Coast is because they want to appeal to the area that they're actually playing in. They don't want to be viewed as outsiders. Ipswich needs to do the same if they're going to get people attending at Suncorp for a decade otherwise they'll just be struggling for 10 years in which case I would suggest that it would be better not to even have them at all.

Either way you or anyone looks at it, try to twist or mould it Springfield is still part of Ipswich. I have many a friend who live there and guess which council they pay rates to?

It would appear that there isn't a conclusive idea about how this Western Corridor bid should be run. Where it should be based, who they should represent etc etc. So perhaps the best solution is that they shouldn't be considered for expansion until such a time that it's worked out. Plonking a team there now without such specifics or blueprints worked out will only lead to disaster.

I've had my 2 cents, I thought as someone who grew up locally I'd have a somewhat better idea of the region and it's needs but a'las obviously in the eyes of people who never lived there I'm wrong...:?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Of course they do, in the premierships history they are the Jets. Had they never competed in the big league then fair call but they did. Last time I checked didn't the NRL still brand the Jets anyway with their vintage/heritage merchandise? It leaves a bad taste calling a new name franchise, something which an old franchise used. Only exemption is if the original franchise relocates or a deal is struck between the newer and former.

They were only the Jets for a decade or so before they got the flick in the 80's. Ipswich Jets have been in the QLD cup since '86.

Newtown nothing to do with this at all, it's a non-issue.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Yep. There was talk of getting some sort of leagues club going and a small shopping strip of cafes and so on near by.

The intent is to play in Springfield too, but all of that is on the backburner for now, the Qld ecconomy being what it is.

So if we come back to this club in say 2025 they might have 1 main grandstand like Newcastles with three hills, a newly built centre of excellence. There will also be a good half mill more people near by.

This is what the "you can't call it Brisbane" mob don't get - the population is about to boom in that area. Its going to be the main suburban belt of Brisbane. To the south of the city. Yes, Ipswich has a fierce independant streak, but it is going to be just a suburb of Brisbane.

I still think Ipswich-Logan (like Canterbury-Bankstown, Manly-Warringah, Cronulla-Sutherland, St George Illawarra) is the best name anyway, even with its "marketability" drawbacks by being more specific.
I understand what you're saying but it won't be called South Brisbane, for a number of reasons.

Personally, if they want to attract casual fans around SEQ they won't call it Ipswich-Logan either. Both of those names still have very negative connotations for most Queenslanders. Sure there's a lot of positive growth happening in those areas, and has been for a while, but it'll take even longer for the old Ippy and Logan bogan stereotypes to go away.

Loudstrat

Coach

Disagree on the "Sydney" vs "Suburbs" thing. Eastern Sydney is small. In fact there is a suburb called East Sydney. There is a historical thing with Easts and Wests using the "suburbs" tag.

Wrong there. Its all in relation to the capitals CBD. In Sydney - Balmain is in the Western Suburbs - the Inner West. The centre of NSW is approximately 100klms west of Dubbo - one of the westernmost towns of the Central West (which starts at Lithgow). Work out how the centre is west of the Central West! Or how there is a district further north than the North Coast.

Whoch basically means they have no idea how to market the club, and unless someone builds a stadium somewhere to anchor the club - they wont find an idea!

100% agree. Watch GWS flop - marketed as Blacktown's club but playing all the way over at ANZ - training at living at Homebush Bay. Noone in Blacktown with a brain will be fooled by that!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
In the unlikely event that the Western corridor bid DOES strike a deal with the Newtown Jets, I think the team should wear green, blue & white.

it contrasts well with the other Queensland teams (ideal for derbies), and incorporates Newtown's blue & white colours.

It looks good too - check out this Vancouver Canuks jersey from the NHL...

AdamLItalien-CanucksGreen.png

(edit) Even a white alternate looks pretty damn good to my eyes...

CCM-Vancouver-Canucks-33-Henrik-Sedin-White-Third-With-40TH-Patch-Authentic-NHL.jpg
It's a great colour scheme and I'd love to see it in the NRL. Nice and distinct from anyone else in the comp.

The old Brisbane Ice Hockey team used those colours aswell.

docbrown

Coach
Either way you or anyone looks at it, try to twist or mould it Springfield is still part of Ipswich. I have many a friend who live there and guess which council they pay rates to?

It would appear that there isn't a conclusive idea about how this Western Corridor bid should be run. Where it should be based, who they should represent etc etc. So perhaps the best solution is that they shouldn't be considered for expansion until such a time that it's worked out. Plonking a team there now without such specifics or blueprints worked out will only lead to disaster.

I've had my 2 cents, I thought as someone who grew up locally I'd have a somewhat better idea of the region and it's needs but a'las obviously in the eyes of people who never lived there I'm wrong...:?

I have family there too, I'm not speaking out of my arse about it. I also don't have a specific invested interest in which expansion team succeeds. I live in none of the areas and have no historical connection to any of the sides. Whenever I write on these forums I only do so in the aid of sharing my previous work experience and information. You will notice I rarely talk about which players are better in which positions etc, I talk purely about what I know and that is first and foremost - what sells.

I mean - I don't hate to burst your bubble - but I suggest that there other reasons why you might want it to be a purely Ipswich marketed team but also why it should be delayed so another team can get in first. As I've said I don't suffer from any conflict of interest so when I write I am just being honest. I am amused though by some of the politicking that goes on here but I mean I do genuinely appreciate the passion of everyone involved. Everyone just wants a part of the game that they love.

Goddo

Bench
I understand what you're saying but it won't be called South Brisbane, for a number of reasons.

Personally, if they want to attract casual fans around SEQ they won't call it Ipswich-Logan either. Both of those names still have very negative connotations for most Queenslanders. Sure there's a lot of positive growth happening in those areas, and has been for a while, but it'll take even longer for the old Ippy and Logan bogan stereotypes to go away.
Yeah, but as Red&black has pointed out, that stereotype has lead to a distinct identity, which has its own value. Embrace the bogan tag. "Stick it to those latte sipping city Broncos"...

The fact the region is a lower -middle class area is one of the main reasons the NRL has been targeting the area in the first place...

I have family there too, I'm not speaking out of my arse about it. I also don't have a specific invested interest in which expansion team succeeds. I live in none of the areas and have no historical connection to any of the sides. Whenever I write on these forums I only do so in the aid of sharing my previous work experience and information. You will notice I rarely talk about which players are better in which positions etc, I talk purely about what I know and that is first and foremost - what sells.

I mean - I don't hate to burst your bubble - but I suggest that there other reasons why you might want it to be a purely Ipswich marketed team but also why it should be delayed so another team can get in first. As I've said I don't suffer from any conflict of interest so when I write I am just being honest. I am amused though by some of the politicking that goes on here but I mean I do genuinely appreciate the passion of everyone involved. Everyone just wants a part of the game that they love.

I don't hide the fact that I'm a Bears supporter and that I have spent a long time in around Ipswich. But I'm also a big advocate of the CCBears/WAReds combo even though for me personally Ipswich/CCBears combo would be an absolute winner. I don't question your knowledge or input, but in this instance it is a sticky point to try to figure out. Like I told goddo before though , many variables still have to be worked out.

docbrown

Coach
Disagree on the "Sydney" vs "Suburbs" thing. Eastern Sydney is small. In fact there is a suburb called East Sydney. There is a historical thing with Easts and Wests using the "suburbs" tag.

Yet the historical "suburban" aspect wasn't enough for the Roosters to maintain it so you're actually kind of proving my point there. The Roosters didn't want to be a "suburban" team, they wanted to be a "city" team. I'd suggest that East Sydney would have just a decent effect because "Sydney" is just a substitute for "City".

As for the East Sydney suburb, that's just a convenient coincidence that a suburb has one of the 4 main geographic identifiers plus the name of the larger city.

As to whether people will identify, well consider this -

At which point do Sydnersiders stop thinking of themselves as Eastern and rather as Western? Is it the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the CBD as Kevin Sheedy claims? I doubt it. The thing is there's a stigma about people being called "West". People who are proud of it will boast that they're Western. People seeking to appear more cultured, more affluent, will attach themselves to the Eastern tag, even though they live in the middle of the city. I know people in Balmain and even Kogarah who do this and as you've said that's called Inner West by the compass point on a map definition.

Wrong there. Its all in relation to the capitals CBD. In Sydney - Balmain is in the Western Suburbs - the Inner West. The centre of NSW is approximately 100klms west of Dubbo - one of the westernmost towns of the Central West (which starts at Lithgow). Work out how the centre is west of the Central West! Or how there is a district further north than the North Coast.

Again I'd suggest you're thinking too rigidly. For example I've heard Sydneysiders call Newcastle part of the North Coast and Newcastle people typically find that amusing. It suggests that everything outside of Sydney is far removed, the whole Sydney-centric attitude.

Yes there are 4 direction points on a compass but it's only as valid as peoples ability to accept the common definition. Are you more West than West? More North than North North?

100% agree. Watch GWS flop - marketed as Blacktown's club but playing all the way over at ANZ - training at living at Homebush Bay. Noone in Blacktown with a brain will be fooled by that!

Again, before GWS I had never heard the term GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY before. It's made up.

That said I have heard of SOUTH QUEENSLAND before and there's already been a team that people have accepted it.

I mean you might be on the Sunshine Coast hate the Broncos, hate the Titans, but now there's a team that's called SQ and it might appeal to you if you feel like it speaks to some kind of association. But if it's just called IPSWICH you might feel less inclined. Bit like selling PENRITH memberships in BONDI and vice versa.

This WC Bid club needs to be viable for that decade when they're not playing out of Springfield.

KnightsMan90

Juniors
SOUTH QUEENSLAND KINGS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND DOLPHINS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND (BUSH) RANGERS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND JETS
RIVERCITY KOOKABURRAS
BRISBANE BOMBERS
IPSWICH JETS
BRISBANE WOMBATS
BRISBANE BUFFALOES
SOUTH QUEENSLAND LIZARDS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND SHARKS (relocation was mentioned once)
Ipswich Pride (as in pride of Lions),
Ipswich Dingoes
Ipswich Buffaloes
Ipswich Crocodiles
Ipswich Gliders
Ipswich Ranges (mountain ranges)
Ipswich Rangers (bush rangers)
Ipswich Fighters (as in Fighter Pilots)
Ipswich Pilots (as in Fighter Pilots)
Ipswich Air-Razors (as in Fighter Pilots)
Ipswich Razorbacks (as in wild pigs)
Ipswich Hawks
Ipswich Greys (as in grey kangaroos)
Ipswich Scorpions

any others?

I've seen Valleys's, Hornets, Wolves suggested

docbrown

Coach
SOUTH QUEENSLAND KINGS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND JETS
RIVERCITY KOOKABURRAS
BRISBANE BOMBERS
IPSWICH JETS
BRISBANE WOMBATS
BRISBANE BUFFALOES
SOUTH QUEENSLAND LIZARDS
Ipswich Dingoes
Ipswich Buffaloes
Ipswich Crocodiles
Ipswich Gliders
Ipswich Hawks
Ipswich Scorpions
Brisbane - Barracudas Brisbane - Bayliners
Brisbane - Bobcats
Brisbane - Bombers
Brisbane - Braves
Brisbane - Brewers
Brisbane - Buccaneers
Brisbane - Heat
Eastern - Stingrays
Rivercity - Kookaburras
South QLD - Cyclones
South QLD - Dolphins
South QLD - Rogues
South QLD - Spartans
South QLD - Taipans
Valleys
Hornets
Wolves
Diehards
Diggers

anybody got any others?

SOUTH QUEENSLAND KINGS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND JETS
RIVERCITY KOOKABURRAS
BRISBANE BOMBERS
IPSWICH JETS
BRISBANE WOMBATS
BRISBANE BUFFALOES
SOUTH QUEENSLAND LIZARDS
Ipswich Dingoes
Ipswich Buffaloes
Ipswich Crocodiles
Ipswich Gliders
Ipswich Hawks
Ipswich Scorpions
Brisbane - Bobcats
Brisbane - Bombers
Brisbane - Braves
Brisbane - Brewers
Brisbane - Buccaneers
Brisbane - Heat
Eastern - Stingrays
Rivercity - Kookaburras
South QLD - Cyclones
South QLD - Dolphins
South QLD - Rogues
South QLD - Spartans
South QLD - Taipans
Valleys
Hornets
Wolves
Diehards
Diggers

anybody got any others?
You listed Bombers twice *shudders*

Ipswich Rhinos
South Queensland Miners (as in mining or noisy miners)
South Queensland Wasps
Southern Stingers
Ipswich-Logan Raptors (as in the Jets or Eagles/Hawks/Falcons, no necessarily the dinosaur)
Ipswich Falcons
South Queensland Griffins
Ipswich-Logan Chargers
Western Corridor Condors

maybe make a new thread?

Last edited:

KnightsMan90

Juniors

Im sorry but Ipswich is not a satellite city. Looking at a map tells you nothing about the region at all.

Ipswich is it's own independant city that was founded over 160 years ago, to accomodate the population of workers involved in the limestone mining operations there, and grew from there. Brisbane had a population of less teh 5000 at the time. Ipswich was even orginially going to be the capital of Queensland.

Just because 40 years of australian lifestyle leading to ugly sprawl has somewhat connected the 2 cities together, doesnt excuse the fact that Ipswich is still very much it's own city.

docbrown

Coach
Im sorry but Ipswich is not a satellite city. Looking at a map tells you nothing about the region at all.

Ipswich is it's own independant city that was founded over 160 years ago, to accomodate the population of workers involved in the limestone mining operations there, and grew from there. Brisbane had a population of less teh 5000 at the time. Ipswich was even orginially going to be the capital of Queensland.

Just because 40 years of australian lifestyle leading to ugly sprawl has somewhat connected the 2 cities together, doesnt excuse the fact that Ipswich is still very much it's own city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_town

A satellite town or satellite city is a concept in urban planning that refers essentially to smaller metropolitan areas which are located somewhat near to, but are mostly independent of, larger metropolitan areas.

It doesn't matter what it was meant to have been or what it could have been, it's what it has become.

Satellite cities are small or medium-sized cities near a large metropolis, that:

• predate that metropolis' suburban expansion
  • are at least partially independent from that metropolis economically and socially
  • are physically separated from the metropolis by rural territory or by a major geographic barrier such as a large river; satellite cities should have their own independent urbanized area, or equivalent
  • have their own bedroom communities
  • have a traditional downtown surrounded by traditional "inner city" neighborhoods
  • may or may not be counted as part of the large metropolis' Combined Statistical Area
Ipswich is a satellite city.

docbrown

Coach
SOUTH QUEENSLAND KINGS
SOUTH QUEENSLAND JETS
RIVERCITY KOOKABURRAS
BRISBANE BOMBERS
IPSWICH JETS
BRISBANE WOMBATS
BRISBANE BUFFALOES
SOUTH QUEENSLAND LIZARDS
Ipswich Dingoes
Ipswich Buffaloes
Ipswich Crocodiles
Ipswich Gliders
Ipswich Hawks
Ipswich Scorpions
Brisbane - Bobcats
Brisbane - Bombers
Brisbane - Braves
Brisbane - Brewers
Brisbane - Buccaneers
Brisbane - Heat
Eastern - Stingrays
Rivercity - Kookaburras
South QLD - Cyclones
South QLD - Dolphins
South QLD - Rogues
South QLD - Spartans
South QLD - Taipans
Valleys
Hornets
Wolves
Diehards
Diggers

anybody got any others?

Ipswich Rhinos
South Queensland Miners (as in mining or noisy miners)
South Queensland Wasps
Southern Stingers
Ipswich-Logan Raptors (as in the Jets or Eagles/Hawks/Falcons, no necessarily the dinosaur)
Ipswich Falcons
South Queensland Griffins
Ipswich-Logan Chargers
Western Corridor Condors
Ipswich-Logan Hornets
Hercules? Globemaster?
I'm just combining the teams that people have mentioned thus far as they get mentioned so there might be some double ups. I'll start a new thread after there's a comprehensive list.

Anybody remember/got any others?

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Good luck trying to a) convince Newtown to give up their Jets namesake which is part of the premierships history and b) changing the minds of the men behind the WC bid who have already stated that they won't be using Jets as a name.

But I guess as long as you think it's alright who cares what the power brokers behind the bid think?

Also one of the aspects of Brisbane Bombers choosing the Bombers name was to take the pilot/air plane moniker away from a potential Ipswich team. Craig Davison is a slime ball for this, amongst other things.

I have heard every silly name you could think of suggested for this bid but the fact remains that the city of Ipswich does host an RAAF base where the Air Force bases their ....... that's right, Jets.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Springfield isn't Ipswich. It's roughly - what? 6-8 km away?

And that's when? 10 years away?

In the mean time they need to get people from Ipswich, Springfield and Logan wanting to travel 40 minutes to suncor
p.

Are people in Logan going to want to do that if it's called Ipswich such and such? I have my doubts about that. Will people in the centre of Brisbane want to support an Ipswich team? I have my doubts about that.

I think the only things that's going to work is a name that encompasses a region bigger than some satellite town. If these guys are serious about matching it with BRISBANE then they shouldn't be called TOOWOOMBA or ROMA or blah blah blah because they'll never, ever, ever be on the same level and if that's the case they should never, ever, ever be admitted because it misses the entire point of having a 3rd team in the SEQ region.

They can have their base of operations in the south and west. They can go recruit members there. But they'd better make the whole thing popular enough that for a decade people will want to make that commitment to go Suncorp.

And by the way Ipswich, Logan etc - it's all South Queensland...

I travel 40 minutes to Homebush to watch a team from Canterbury play even though I live in Liverpool. And aren't the CC Bears claiming that people from North Sydney will travel all the way to the Central Coast to watch a team called Central Coast?

Last edited: