What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

Highway1

Juniors
Little back on topic, am I the only one concerned by the likely hood that the Ipswich team will be called the "Western Jets"?

Just something so we dont have 3 teams in different areas called "Western" or "Wests"

Yeah, I'am concerned, the moment they adopt the 'western' name is the moment they become an another brisbane team that go the way of the Crushers.

Ipswich calling them themselves "western" is as silly as the Gold Coast titans calling themselves "Brisbane Titans". You don't need to adopt a regional name unless there is an intercity rivalry (ie Cairns vs Townsville).

Why would Ipswich call themsleves "western jets" when they are historically a city that is independent from brisbane?

Highway1

Juniors
"Ipswich’s population is 170,000 but government forecasts state it will explode to more than 400,000 in the next two decades"

so shouldn't we wait till 2030? GWB - Greater Western Brisbane.

I like the East Coast Roosters/Sharks merger. I've been spruiking that one for ages.
I like the Bears coming back. If the NRL wanted a relocation then they positioned themselves terribly for that. CC is Bears or nothing now.

I like the Western Reds, though a relocation could work. Western Sharks.
I like the Sharks moving anywhere really. Western Sharks, Adelaide Sharks, Sunshine Coast Sharks, Wellington Sharks, Southern Sharks.

Great western Brisbane my arse

Highway1

Juniors
A least the Bears were never cheats.

Rugby League is booming in Victoria after 10 odd years even with a club cheating the juniors are rushing to league.

Don't place league teams in AFL states for a reason to expand. VIC,SA and WA will always look at league as the game thugby.

its up to the nrl and us to change the perception.

Highway1

Juniors
Back to Ipswich (isn't there a CC Bears thread somewhere else?)

Aside from a statement about being interested is there anything else known about the bid? Whose behind it, have they a website? What are their claimed strengths?

john Ribot and Ipswich mayor Paul Pisasale

Highway1

Juniors
Ipswich would bring a lot more viewers to the game on tv.
A lot of Brisbane people don't like the Broncos.
Ipswich is the biggest growth area in Queensland and would potentially add a whole new range of fans who live in this area.
I'm a fan of the Broncos and I would also support the Ipswich team. They would definetly get me to the ground to watch more games, and I would imagine a lot of Broncos fans too.

I think Ipswich would bring in to the nrl in SEQ like gold coast titans are doing right now.

Highway1

Juniors
Isn't it about 40km from Ipswich to Brisbane ie Blacktown to Sydney and closer than Penrith or Campbelltown to Sydney.

A bit like Sydney to Rooty Hill in the west to be prescise and there a bit of a urban gap that separates Brisbane and Ipswich ie Oxley and Darra

Highway1

Juniors
If Sydney teams will inevitably fold, then the bears are stupid idea.

Better to have a team relocate there so they don't have to fold and bring in a team in a new area.

God this place will be a riot if they go for Perth and South West Qld, which they will do if they want the game to make money in the next tv rights deal for which the bears will offer sweet bugger all too.

Not if the Bears have a St george Illawarra like potential.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Literally more then a page worth of you replying to peoples posts when you could have done it in one post. I hope a mod merges these.

Highway1

Juniors
Literally more then a page worth of you replying to peoples posts when you could have done it in one post. I hope a mod merges these.

Hopefully yeah, reason why I do it is is because i don't know how to merge so yeah. Sorry about that, its not that I'm trying to piss everyone off.

Last edited:
Nyanda high mate.

I don't think I intended to ask you this question but geez Nyanda High lol. Can't say much though I went to school at Yeronga for a big and played Nyanda at sports the year after Salisbury/Acacia Ridge High merged to become Nyanda. Great rugby league potential school but some of those kids are on something else.

applesauce

Bench
I don't think I intended to ask you this question but geez Nyanda High lol. Can't say much though I went to school at Yeronga for a big and played Nyanda at sports the year after Salisbury/Acacia Ridge High merged to become Nyanda. Great rugby league potential school but some of those kids are on something else.

Half of them look like 30year olds...:crazy:

They have beards, either hit puberty early or can't pass year 12. I am going with a little form column a) and a little form column b).:lol:

dgsfan

Juniors
I'm for the Jets and the Reds. f**k the bears. More teams in NSW is not the answer.