What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

RedVee

First Grade
Hopefully yeah, reason why I do it is is because i don't know how to merge so yeah. Sorry about that, its not that I'm trying to piss everyone off.

See the little button in the corner with the plus + sign?
Hit that on each of the posts you would like to reply to and then the 'post reply' button. All your quotes will appear in the one post and you can reply to each in the spaces in between, or all at the beginning or end if you prefer.

Try it.

Cheers.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm for the Jets and the Reds. f**k the bears. More teams in NSW is not the answer.

Eyeballs in Gosford are just as good as eyeballs in Perth. I'm not a Bears fan but I think they're certainties to be 1 of the next 2 teams in the NRL. It's just a matter of which team will be with them, Perth or a QLD team. My preference is QLD.

There is room for an NRL team on the Central Coast, and there is plenty of room in QLD. As for Perth, I think when Cronulla faces facts and re-locates, Perth would be perfect for that.

Highway1

Juniors
I don't think I intended to ask you this question but geez Nyanda High lol. Can't say much though I went to school at Yeronga for a big and played Nyanda at sports the year after Salisbury/Acacia Ridge High merged to become Nyanda. Great rugby league potential school but some of those kids are on something else.

I can't say much about Nyanda high as well ,but I do know they tend to attract a fair bit of yobbos these days. But I did go to Corinda High though, they don't put a lot of emphasis on Rugby League cos they're more of an AFL and union school. It's such a shame as most of the students are leagueies from Inala and Goodna.

Why would they not use the name they have had for 30 years?
Because Ipswich would want a name of its own rather that recycling a name used by a previous franchise. Besides with that logis why didn't Newtown use the bluebags name (the name they had for decades)?

See the little button in the corner with the plus + sign?
Hit that on each of the posts you would like to reply to and then the 'post reply' button. All your quotes will appear in the one post and you can reply to each in the spaces in between, or all at the beginning or end if you prefer.

Try it.

Cheers.

Cheers mate.

bobmar28

Bench
I can't say much about Nyanda high as well ,but I do know they tend to attract a fair bit of yobbos these days. But I did go to Corinda High though, they don't put a lot of emphasis on Rugby League cos they're more of an AFL and union school. It's such a shame as most of the students are leagueies from Inala and Goodna.

Because Ipswich would want a name of its own rather that recycling a name used by a previous franchise. Besides with that logis why didn't Newtown use the bluebags name (the name they had for decades)?

Cheers mate.

Ipswich Jets is not a name of their own? They have had it for 30 years and refers to the nearby RAAF base. I am sure Newtown have never been an NRL franchise. Who would want the name blue bags for a football team anyway? It sounds too gay.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Eyeballs in Gosford are just as good as eyeballs in Perth. I'm not a Bears fan but I think they're certainties to be 1 of the next 2 teams in the NRL. It's just a matter of which team will be with them, Perth or a QLD team. My preference is QLD.

There is room for an NRL team on the Central Coast, and there is plenty of room in QLD. As for Perth, I think when Cronulla faces facts and re-locates, Perth would be perfect for that.

There is no room for a 10th NRL team in the Sydney region when the whole of QLD has only three.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Central Coast is not Sydney. NSW has the population base and supporters to support another NRL Club. CC Bears for the NRL 2013. There is only one NRL team on the North Shore of Sydney at the moment, the CC can support a club.

The CC has a lot more positives than the bids from WA - limited Rugby League base, Ipswich - facilities are not even built at this stage. However, it will be good to see NRL clubs here but not before the Central Coast.

CC has a strong supporter base - North Sydney area and the Central Coast, sponorships already, membership and strong junior base. A stadium already built and the Coast wanting their own NRL club instead of watching other clubs play at Gosford.

Joker's Wild

Coach
There is no room for a 10th NRL team in the Sydney region when the whole of QLD has only three.

This kind of ignorance is laughable

1. The Central Coast IS NOT a part of Sydney. Never has been

2. The entire population of Qld is 4.5 million, Sydney has a population of 4.5 million alone with a further 3.5 million in the rest of NSW. Tonnes of room outside the Sydney area for support and currently the CC is the biggest region not to be represented in the NRL.

While a 4th Qld side would be good to have, it certainly should not come at the expence of the Bears.

BunniesMan

Immortal

1. Central coast isn't Sydney. That's why a former Sydney team is going there.
2. There is room for the Bears on the Central coast because it has a significant (and growing) population. Add to that North Sydney supporters that will support the CC bears, and you have room for another team.
3. Your point about QLD is irrelevant. The next time around there will be two teams added to the competition. I'm predicting it'll be the Bears and a Qld team.

BunniesMan

Immortal
norths had less supporters than my sharks

That's why they won't be Norths when they return and they'll be relocated. Just like the Sharks should for their own good and for the good of the NRL. Eventually the banks will get grumpy about your debt and you'll have no choice but to take the NRL's millions and relocate. Perth/Adelaide Sharks by 2015.

but the norths supporters are the extras everyone talks up, its like me saying the sharks a a financial powerhouse.

we have cc and the entire northshore of sydney plus every supporter from here to timbuktu. is the arguement put forward.

and yes i am very aware of the sharks finacial position but thanks for pointing it out

BunniesMan

Immortal
but the norths supporters are the extras everyone talks up, its like me saying the sharks a a financial powerhouse.

we have cc and the entire northshore of sydney plus every supporter from here to timbuktu. is the arguement put forward.

and yes i am very aware of the sharks finacial position but thanks for pointing it out

Some people may be exaggerating. But even with a more realistic view the North Sydney part of the bid is an asset to the CC bears. I think they have maybe 3000 would be members willing to drive an hour to watch games in Gosford as well as the 2 games a year they'll play at North Sydney oval. While that might not be a huge number of fans it is an advantage the Bears have over rival bids.

Combine their supporters in Sydney with fans begging for a team on the Central coast and you have enough demand for a team.

As for the Sharks, I don't want to see them fold, it's not good for the Sharks and it's not good for the NRL if that happens. The best long term option for the team and the league is relocation.

As for the Sharks, I don't want to see them fold, it's not good for the Sharks and it's not good for the NRL if that happens. The best long term option for the team and the league is relocation

mate either do i.

As for my view on the cc its a good place for a team but I believe there are better markets to explore and tap into for better long term gain for the game of rugby league, the seq team being on of them. Cq is pie in the sky stuff. Perth and a second NZ team I would like to see before another team in NSW.

The market in NSW is already flooded with clubs.

But the nrl being the nrl they will take the easy option

BunniesMan

Immortal
mate either do i.

As for my view on the cc its a good place for a team but I believe there are better markets to explore and tap into for better long term gain for the game of rugby league, the seq team being on of them. Cq is pie in the sky stuff. Perth and a second NZ team I would like to see before another team in NSW.

The market in NSW is already flooded with clubs.

But the nrl being the nrl they will take the easy option

I'm hoping they announce both. Perhaps not to come in the same year but say CC in 2013 and QLD in 2014, the same way the AFL has done with the Gold Coast next year and then West sydney after. Having 2 new teams on the horizon means a lot for the tv negotiations, it's more meaningful than just 1 because there'll be an odd number of teams, the tv stations aren't interested in watching teams have byes.

its time for the nrl to spread its wings again. Perth needs to be the 1st time in then seq.

Give the nsw market time to sort its self out

the staggering is a good idea as it aslo gives the media to focus on for 2 years instead of one