What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems to be some disparity about when bids will be called for.

Reds are preparing to submit a proposal to the NRL in March-April. Bears similiar. Gallop has suggested they may be called for mid to late 2011. IC needs to be formed and done the TV deal before we know if expansion will even happen which may not be till end of 2011.

In short, who knows! If we have to wait for the new TV deal then it could even be early 2012 before bids are decided upon which doesn't leave much time to build a team.

BDGS

Bench
lol at your patronising appraisals of posts. You'd make a great father of an ugly baby.

More insults from the kid with no argument. Some sayings do run true. "insults are often the sign of a poor argument"

I don't think the Bears bid is that strong. Sure they have member (how much is a bears membership anyway? $20!?), they have a stadium (capped at 20,000... a realistic average for the big teams these days. Dogs are over it and Bunnies and Tigers really close). There's one glaring downside, too many NSW teams and no backing from current CEOs. I think that'll go against the bid greatly. We'll see in time anyway.

Reds & QLD 2013!

1) I payed $50 for my membership and thats before we start talking about the top level memberships priced @ $5,000.

2) Stadiums in the 21st century are capable of upgrading. They could (if required) update the stadium to fit more of a potential crowds. What evidence is there that 20k will be a average crowd in the future? definitely nothing that you have showen.

3) The only reason the bulldogs average was over 20,000 this year is because that includes the close to full-house double-header we played at Suncorp.

4) Rumours are circling today (you would know if you were in the know) that the Article titled "NRL clubs don't want bears in their backyard" was a fabrication from two Sydney Clubs.

"too many NSW teams and no backing from current CEOs." hmm well next time we bring a new bank into Australia i will assured to ask the commonwealth bank if they want extra competition. Next time there is a new fast food restaurant i will ask McDonalds if they would like more competition.

I mean how naive do you want to be?

NRL CEO's are having enough problems running their own clubs to have any input into who is next. - Phil Rothfield.

anjado

Juniors
How many teams could Brisbane support ? I have never been there so i have no idea but could we have 3-4 Brisbane teams one day or is it 2 maximum ?

Quidgybo

Bench
How many teams could Brisbane support ? I have never been there so i have no idea but could we have 3-4 Brisbane teams one day or is it 2 maximum ?
That's actually several different questions. How many teams could it support to today's Sydney NRL club level of support? How many teams could it support to today's Broncos level of support? How many teams can it support in 50 years time if we aim for NFL franchise levels of support? Ultimately it all comes down to what sort of level of support you want and what level you want to get to in the long term. If you know that then you can plan how many licenses you have to work with and how close they should be distributed geographically to cover a given market.

Leigh

dgsfan

Juniors
More insults from the kid with no argument. Some sayings do run true. "insults are often the sign of a poor argument"

1) I payed $50 for my membership and thats before we start talking about the top level memberships priced @ $5,000.

2) Stadiums in the 21st century are capable of upgrading. They could (if required) update the stadium to fit more of a potential crowds. What evidence is there that 20k will be a average crowd in the future? definitely nothing that you have showen.

3) The only reason the bulldogs average was over 20,000 this year is because that includes the close to full-house double-header we played at Suncorp.

4) Rumours are circling today (you would know if you were in the know) that the Article titled "NRL clubs don't want bears in their backyard" was a fabrication from two Sydney Clubs.

"too many NSW teams and no backing from current CEOs." hmm well next time we bring a new bank into Australia i will assured to ask the commonwealth bank if they want extra competition. Next time there is a new fast food restaurant i will ask McDonalds if they would like more competition.

I mean how naive do you want to be?

NRL CEO's are having enough problems running their own clubs to have any input into who is next. - Phil Rothfield.

I think you'll find you've slung a few mud pies around in this thread, proving nothing else that you're a hypocrite.

1) So you're a member? I feel sorry for your waste of money. I heard the majority of memberships cost around $20.

2) From what I've heard it would be pretty hard to upgrade Bluetongue. I can't see them averaging enough to need the upgrade anyway.

3) Who cares where the game was played? We gave up a home game to play there. Turning on your supposed own club to win a Bears argument. How many current supporters of NSW clubs will move to the Bears?

4) So you're into conspiracy theories now? That "rumour" was probably started by a Bears fan. Anyone can play that game. I'd be surprised if NSW clubs wanted the Bears. It's only going to dilute their support.

I'll leave that one alone, I think. Kind of embarrassed to read it and to think someone actually believes it's a good argument in relation to a Football League.

Highway1

Juniors
That is a logically well constructed statement.

I'm sure it'll be dismissed by some idiot for no REAL reason at all other then it is not the ideal view for Qld Expansion.

Well thank you, your complement is well appreciated.

I like the way Perth Red said that that the Ipswich team should bear similarities to the Fremantle AFL team, I think that's a good what go. After all, Ipswich is Queensland's second oldest city after Brisbane.

Ipswich may very well have it's own nrl team in the future, just not at the
expense of the Central Coast Bears (most prepared and advanced proposed sporting teams in modern times in Australia) and WA Reds (advantages aplenty).

BDGS

Bench
I think you'll find you've slung a few mud pies around in this thread, proving nothing else that you're a hypocrite.

Don't talk about yourself harshly.

1) So you're a member? I feel sorry for your waste of money. I heard the majority of memberships cost around $20.

I am a proud Bears member and there is no need to feel sorry because the pack i got was well worth the money and we all can't wait for the Bears to play their first game on Bluetongue Stadium in 2013. You heard the memberships cost around $20 did you? well may god you have some great listening skills. The Only memberships that coast $20 are the childrens memberships.

2) From what I've heard it would be pretty hard to upgrade Bluetongue.

What have you heard? care to enlighten us? or would you rather throw around more insults. No body has answered my questions over the Ipswich bid yet. I am still waiting mate.

I can't see them averaging enough to need the upgrade anyway.

Thank you for showing your knowledge of the Central Coast Set-up, well lack-there-of.

3) Who cares where the game was played? We gave up a home game to play there. Turning on your supposed own club to win a Bears argument. How many current supporters of NSW clubs will move to the Bears?

Well if you where in the know you would of already heard the strong rumours that the NSW NRL teams are mostly for the bears and the reason for last weeks stories was a media beat up pushed along by only two NSW teams, but you are so far away from '" the know" to have any clue about that aren't you?

4) So you're into conspiracy theories now? That "rumour" was probably started by a Bears fan. Anyone can play that game. I'd be surprised if NSW clubs wanted the Bears. It's only going to dilute their support.

Congratulations on both jumping the gun and going back to the point in the same post. now thats got to be some kind of a record. IDK what conspiracy theories you are talking about mate.

You'd be surprise would you? well news flash numb-nuts the NRL doesn't care about what you or the other five numb-nuts posters on this forum think.

They care about the people in the real communities that are acting and getting real support other then internet pushing.

"too many NSW teams and no backing from current CEOs."

Who said that and where is your source?

I've shown many sources today so where is yours?

It is not that article from last week that has already proven to contain false information, oh wait a minute you didn't read the long post as you are not intelligent enough to sustain interest in for long enough so you would have missed the major evidence blowing that articles information out of the water.

hmm well next time we bring a new bank into Australia i will assured to ask the commonwealth bank if they want extra competition. Next time there is a new fast food restaurant i will ask McDonalds if they would like more competition.

I'll leave that one alone, I think. Kind of embarrassed to read it and to think someone actually believes it's a good argument in relation to a Football League.

Just using the level of intelligence that you have already set mate.

Talons

Juniors
Don't talk about yourself harshly.

I am a proud Bears member and there is no need to feel sorry because the pack i got was well worth the money and we all can't wait for the Bears to play their first game on Bluetongue Stadium in 2013. You heard the memberships cost around $20 did you? well may god you have some great listening skills. The Only memberships that coast $20 are the childrens memberships.

What have you heard? care to enlighten us? or would you rather throw around more insults. No body has answered my questions over the Ipswich bid yet. I am still waiting mate.

Thank you for showing your knowledge of the Central Coast Set-up, well lack-there-of.

Well if you where in the know you would of already heard the strong rumours that the NSW NRL teams are mostly for the bears and the reason for last weeks stories was a media beat up pushed along by only two NSW teams, but you are so far away from '" the know" to have any clue about that aren't you?

Congratulations on both jumping the gun and going back to the point in the same post. now thats got to be some kind of a record. IDK what conspiracy theories you are talking about mate.

You'd be surprise would you? well news flash numb-nuts the NRL doesn't care about what you or the other five numb-nuts posters on this forum think.

They care about the people in the real communities that are acting and getting real support other then internet pushing.

Who said that and where is your source?

I've shown many sources today so where is yours?

It is not that article from last week that has already proven to contain false information, oh wait a minute you didn't read the long post as you are not intelligent enough to sustain interest in for long enough so you would have missed the major evidence blowing that articles information out of the water.

Just using the level of intelligence that you have already set mate.

Out of genuine interest can you let us in on which two N.S.W clubs that have been attempting to destabilise the Bears bid...and where did you manage to come by this information.

2) From what I've heard it would be pretty hard to upgrade Bluetongue. I can't see them averaging enough to need the upgrade anyway..

WRONG! The piers of the northern stand were sunk lower to accomandate an upgrade and extension in the stand. Also the palm tree side can eventually have another stand which stretches out over the road with an underpass beneath it for the traffic. Like the gabbas stanley st end. It would be a walk in the park for a structural engineer to figure out what would be needed.

Brutus

Referee
WRONG! The piers of the northern stand were sunk lower to accomandate an upgrade and extension in the stand. Also the palm tree side can eventually have another stand which stretches out over the road with an underpass beneath it for the traffic. Like the gabbas stanley st end. It would be a walk in the park for a structural engineer to figure out what would be needed.

Man, that would be an eyesore. Looks ok for the Gabba, but how weird would it look at Bluetongue.

bobmar28

Bench
Well thank you, your complement is well appreciated.

I like the way Perth Red said that that the Ipswich team should bear similarities to the Fremantle AFL team, I think that's a good what go. After all, Ipswich is Queensland's second oldest city after Brisbane.

Ipswich may very well have it's own nrl team in the future, just not at the
expense of the Central Coast Bears
(most prepared and advanced proposed sporting teams in modern times in Australia) and WA Reds (advantages aplenty).

Have you missed some of the comments here, including mine?

Yes CC has the best bid but the Sydney region is saturated at the moment. If a Sydney team fails that will free up a franchise for CC.

The Queenslanders (league heartland) will be devastated if NSW gets an 11th team while QLD is left with only 3 to counter the AFL invasion there.

BDGS

Bench
Out of genuine interest can you let us in on which two N.S.W clubs that have been attempting to destabilise the Bears bid...and where did you manage to come by this information.

Manly is one, the other rumoured one is Newcastle. I know a few people, not at liberty to name names of those people. I do not want to break trust with anybody, also in my job having sources is very important.

BDGS

Bench
Have you missed some of the comments here, including mine?

Yes CC has the best bid but the Sydney region is saturated at the moment. If a Sydney team fails that will free up a franchise for CC.

Yeah sorry, your post are the only ones that carry any weight or truth about them.

The Queenslanders (league heartland) will be devastated if NSW gets an 11th team while QLD is left with only 3 to counter the AFL invasion there.

The Gold Coast Titans are already reciving extra assistance by the NRL to counter attack the Gold Coast Suns. Unlike the Bears and GWS, The Ipswich bid and the Gold Coast Suns has no direct connection.

dgsfan

Juniors
Manly and Newcastle, hey? I'd believe that. They have the most to lose from a CC team, which is why the IC won't admit them.

Reds & QLD 2013!

Scarves

Juniors
If the Sharks don't die or relocate, there won't be a team in Gosford regardless of their bid.

The NRL partnership has been pushing for the WA Reds, there are no objections from any clubs. Additionally, for the past 18 months a South Western Brisbane franchise has been Dave Gallops baby. A Gosford team is the elephant in the room, they definitely have a more advanced to any other rival expansion franchise bid, the problem is the super close proximity to Sydney - A Central Coast team isn't considered to be expansion when one considers the new national focus.

If the Bears Gosford bid was based in Qld, they would already have a team in the NRL Premiership. The Bears will only come back as the Central Coast Bears if a Sydney club leaves Sydney or if a Sydney club dies. It is starring everyone in the face.

Don't be surprised if 2013 see's the Reds back and then the League gives a Qld franchise extra time to gazzump the Bears yet again.

BDGS

Bench
Manly and Newcastle, hey? I'd believe that. They have the most to lose from a CC team, which is why the IC won't admit them.

Reds & QLD 2013!

Newcastle stands to gain the most from the Bears. Having a team that is fairly local to them, i say fairly because anybody who has been the both areas knows how different and how far the distance is between them, It will force them to stop drifting around. On the field and off the field for the last 5 years or so the Knights have been in a drifting state. The Bears will force them off their buts and start making some real action.

Even Knights fans have acknowledged this. But keep repeating yourself parrot, most people are snickering to themselves each time you post something up.

If the Sharks don't die or relocate, there won't be a team in Gosford regardless of their bid.

The NRL partnership has been pushing for the WA Reds, there are no objections from any clubs. Additionally, for the past 18 months a South Western Brisbane franchise has been Dave Gallops baby. A Gosford team is the elephant in the room, they definitely have a more advanced to any other rival expansion franchise bid, the problem is the super close proximity to Sydney - A Central Coast team isn't considered to be expansion when one considers the new national focus.

If the Bears Gosford bid was based in Qld, they would already have a team in the NRL Premiership. The Bears will only come back as the Central Coast Bears if a Sydney club leaves Sydney or if a Sydney club dies. It is starring everyone in the face.

Don't be surprised if 2013 see's the Reds back and then the League gives a Qld franchise extra time to gazzump the Bears yet again.

That is the only way the Bears bid will lose, but Gallop has been quoted this week saying there will be two new teams by 2013.

Good on the NRL for pussy-footing around and waiting for other sh*t bids to catch up.

Highway1

Juniors

A bit like the Inner City Bypass Tunnel (heading towards Kingsford Smith Drive) under the grass area of the Breakfast Creek Hotel in Brisbane?

moz-screenshot.png

Attachments

• Inner City Bypass.jpg
    Inner City Bypass.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: