What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

PaulyTom

Juniors
I can not see Ipswich getting a team ready for a decision for next year. Seems like they are rushing to get it ready.

WA Reds and CC Bears are so much more advanced in their bid. Even the CQ bid has come along way since its inception.

ashton

Juniors
I can not see Ipswich getting a team ready for a decision for next year. Seems like they are rushing to get it ready.

WA Reds and CC Bears are so much more advanced in their bid. Even the CQ bid has come along way since its inception.

I think the NRL will delay expansion to 2015.

dgsfan

Juniors
Great post Scarves! That will not go down with Bears fans, though. Intelligent, non the less.

franklin2323

Immortal

I agree. Perth's certain. Given they want an extra game for TV they need an extra team. I am not fussed as all would add to the game. However CC have a few years headstart. Negatives for all 3. Ipswich no doubt would have the fan support. Do they have the $10m a year needed is the question. CQ- Will have finances locked in have no competitors in the marketplace. If they are admitted they don't or won't have a stadium in time. Also given the sparse area they like the Cowboys may struggle for a crowd if they have a game on anything but a Sat night. CC have the boxes. However some people feel it's too close to Sydney. However CRL funds the 16's, 18's & NSW Cup teams. Using mainly players from the bush shows its actually regional & would service the country which I am a fan of. I guess the Business plans will show how strong the cases are. 2018 should be the next date for further expansion by this time if unsuccessful the QLD bids will be perfect & be a success

BDGS

Bench
Well it won't be up to Gallop, but I guess he'll be the mouthpiece for all things IC.

Rest assure, Gallop will still get a say. The Clubs won't have much power in the IC unless they vote in numbers.

Therefore 2 or 3 clubs saying no to a expansion bid will not prevent that bid from coming into the NRL.

bobmar28

Bench
Yeah sorry, your post are the only ones that carry any weight or truth about them.

The Gold Coast Titans are already reciving extra assistance by the NRL to counter attack the Gold Coast Suns. Unlike the Bears and GWS, The Ipswich bid and the Gold Coast Suns has no direct connection.

Except that would make it 4 NRL teams to 2 AFL.

bobmar28

Bench
I'd rather see a super strong Gold Coast Titans killing of the Suns then being in a situation where we need two teams to combat one of their teams.

As I said in the other thread you seem to want 10 teams in the Sydney region to combat the AFL's 2.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
As I said in the other thread you seem to want 10 teams in the Sydney region to combat the AFL's 2.

No, i want ONE NRL club in the area that holds 20% of NSW population that the AFL is targeting with ONE of their teams (GWS).

adamkungl

Immortal
Not everything is about combatting AFL. The best thing we can do to 'combat' the Victorians is keep pushing for memberships. Popping up new teams is irrelevant. I'm sure the Broncos and GC will lose nothing due to the Suns presence.

The Bears should return to boost RL, not to attack AFL.

BDGS

Bench
Fair enough and i agree but if they do combat AFL while doing so the all the better imo.

bobmar28

Bench
Not everything is about combatting AFL. The best thing we can do to 'combat' the Victorians is keep pushing for memberships. Popping up new teams is irrelevant. I'm sure the Broncos and GC will lose nothing due to the Suns presence.

The Bears should return to boost RL, not to attack AFL.

It's one of the arguments used for supporting the Bears bid and the 9 other Sydney teams.