What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

dgsfan

Juniors
Hear Hear, buddy. This won't go down well with Bears fans. Too logical for them with too many tough questions to answer. It's becoming a running theme in these bid threads now.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Hear Hear, buddy. This won't go down well with Bears fans. Too logical for them with too many tough questions to answer. It's becoming a running theme in these bid threads now.

I am a Bears fan myself remember mate. Most of the Bears fans on here are fine. If it wasn't for a couple of posters acting like f**kwits it'd all be sweet.

dgsfan

Juniors
That's true. I'd be pleased for the Bears to re-enter, only in a less crowded NSW environment, which rules out a 2013 re-entry.

juanfarkall

Coach
Since most people with some common sense can agree Ipswich is just too far behind to be admitted in 2013.

When would be the ideal year for them and a second NZ team to be brought in to the comp?

When the Jedi can demonstrate a track record of 5 successive years of being run efficiently that is, being able to go 5 years without crying poor or nearly going to the wall... again.

bobmar28

Bench
I haven't read the other 1,000 or so posts so nit sure if this gas been covered. Why have an Ipswich team play out of Lang park? It's 50km from Ipswich. If you want a second team in Brisbane, make it a Brisbane team. Would penrith consider playing out of the SFS?

WRONG. Ipswich is 40k from Brisbane CBD. Campbelltown is 51k from Sydney CBD yet Tigers fans are quite happy to drive to SFS to see them play.

franklin2323

Immortal

That it the reason the Bears didn't get in last time. As for the Reds we won't get Finished bids. We can only get potential members and sponsors etc.

I have no problem who comes in Except WA is a must but me need to best bid to gain entry.

As Gallop said. In the 90's we rushed expansion and WA, Crushers, Mariners, Rams gone. Magpies-tigers merged. Dragons-Steelers merger and GC gone for 10 years.

I don't want that. I want 18 viable clubs come 2013.

bobmar28

Bench
Since most people with some common sense can agree Ipswich is just too far behind to be admitted in 2013.

When would be the ideal year for them and a second NZ team to be brought in to the comp?

Most people with common sense can see that NSW has too many teams and the next franchise- along with WA- has to go to QLD.

franklin2323

Immortal

After the next TV deal. QLD should have a minimum of 6 teams. with Wellington also in but we need to get the process and the bids correct 1st

franklin2323

Immortal
Just getting you to nail your colours to the mast. Or in other words, putting you in the QLD column.

You can put me in that column. All bids being equal CC lose out. We need CQ, Sunshine coast and a 2nd Bris/Ipswich team but we need to get strong bids/business plan so we don't have the new teams falling down.

John Fifita

Coach
Oh 40km? Well that's ok then. All the Ipswich fans can walk to Lang park then..... You don't think the tigers fans at the SFS could be balmain fans could they. Maybe Ipswich could amalgamate with the crushers?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Plenty of people who live in Ipswich travel into town for Broncos home games. The train line runs from Ipswich central directly to Milton and takes less than an hour. Add the fact that you get free public transport with your footy ticket and even the most cash strapped fan has little reason not to turn up.

andrew057

First Grade
WRONG. Ipswich is 40k from Brisbane CBD. Campbelltown is 51k from Sydney CBD yet Tigers fans are quite happy to drive to SFS to see them play.

When? For a finals game? Plus a few local derbies? Sure theyre happy to do that. The rest of the games are on their doorsteps at Leichhardt, Campbelltown and Stadium Australia. So dont act like their fans flock to the SFS every second week.

As mentioned, are Ipswich fans going to travel 40k every second week to watch them play teams from interstate? Hmmm.

andrew057

First Grade
You can put me in that column. All bids being equal CC lose out. We need CQ, Sunshine coast and a 2nd Bris/Ipswich team but we need to get strong bids/business plan so we don't have the new teams falling down.

Thats the problem though, the bids clearly arent equal. CC Bears are light years ahead of what the others have shown. As I mentioned, I honestly can't see any chance of Ipswich being admitted in 2013.

Joker's Wild

Coach
As mentioned, are Ipswich fans going to travel 40k every second week to watch them play teams from interstate? Hmmm.

Why not?

Comparing Campbelltown based Tigers fans traveling to the SFS and Ipswich fans traveling into Suncorp is silly, chalk and cheese stuff.

To get to the SFS from Struggletown on public transport you need to to take at a minimum 1 train then a bus (or you could walk from central) and it will take 1 1/2 hrs. To get from Ipswich to Milton its just 1 train and your there at the stadium in roughly 45min.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thats the problem though, the bids clearly arent equal. CC Bears are light years ahead of what the others have shown. As I mentioned, I honestly can't see any chance of Ipswich being admitted in 2013.

The bears have had longer to prepare and seem a mile infront. Should they fail next TV rights both QLD teams WILL come in. If they fix the bids up then can make it this time but it would be a rushed bid and wont be as effective.

Latest posts