What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

and you wonder why people dont get involed in the conversations. Most people including myself dont enjoy having a battle of wits with an unarmed person

RedVee

First Grade
No, I mean Newcastle Knights area.

You claim right up to Swansea Channel FFS. I grew up playing against teams the other side of the channel in the Real NRL.

Wyong plays in the Real NRL.

The Real NRL is a permanent member of the Knights.

Our territory therefore goes as far south as Wyong's area.

No matter what BS you try to spin, that is irrefutable.

Adjust your map to reflect reality, and get yourselves a big bloody dose of humility while you are at it.

As neither a Knights or CC fan, but as someone who paid rates to Lake Macquarie council and who has had cousins etc in the CC/LM area since WW2, I would say that my belief is that Wyong is the divide between CC and Lake Macq. And that Lake Macq = Newcastle.
For RL purposes I am not 100% sure but would be shocked if the border is very far removed from Wyong, and stunned if the CC RL area went to Swansea.

_Johnsy

Referee
Just another attempt at Bears fans to make their bid look more superior than it is.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

smithie

Juniors
You are assuming all Jets fans will be coming from Ipswich. I'm sure plenty will take advantage of the free public transport from Ipswich. But I am also sure that most fans will be Brisbane people looking for a team other than the Broncos to support.

Not bloody likely. While there are a hell of a lot people in Brisbane that hate the Broncos and would love to support another Brisbane team, the idea of people from Brisbane supporting an Ipswich team is f@#kin ridiculous.

There seems to be several people on this forum saying "Ipswich needs a team because ..." or "Central Coast needs a team because ...". No one is saying what the NRL needs.

Brutus

Referee
There seems to be several people on this forum saying "Ipswich needs a team because ..." or "Central Coast needs a team because ...". No one is saying what the NRL needs.

That's what it all boils down to - the needs of the rugby league/NRL.

mongoose

Coach
Not bloody likely. While there are a hell of a lot people in Brisbane that hate the Broncos and would love to support another Brisbane team, the idea of people from Brisbane supporting an Ipswich team is f@#kin ridiculous.

I have already stated this. It needs to be a second brisbane or SEQLD team, NOT Ipswich. And I agree Ipswich is seen as a bit of a joke to the rest of Brisbane so a lot of brisbanites will not get on board with them.

bobmar28

Bench
Based on what. You attempt to denigrate anyone who offers their opinion, but all you offer is exactly the same. You are quickly taking the shape of a hypocrite.

Is there any chance you could actually address points posters raise with you (excluding thoughtless one liners) have the balls not to dodge a point raised.

I'm looking forward to seeing these "facts".

How would any of those comments you quoted be seen as denigrating anyone?

Goddo

Bench
The needs of Rugby League would mean Brisbane and Perth.

The 10 current NSW clubs (11 if you include the raiders) don't want another mouth to feed in their back yard. SE Qld could use another side, and Perth is a must for TV money.

And if the IC expand, they will either do it in these locations, or delay expansion all together. They will have a mandate to protect the current clubs. Thats why my money is on no expansion in 2013 (more likely around 2015). Not ideal, but looking likely.

bobmar28

Bench
That is the funniest thing i have ever read about NRL expansion. The Next TV deal will assure that whatever FTA channel that gets the next TV rights deal will have less input into the NRL (draws, times, teams) then ever before. Channel 9 at the moment are favorites to lose the rights. Why would they ask channel 9? lmao.

People have to stop thinking about it in terms of QLD and NSW. The NRL have stated many times they are not going to do what they have done in the past and what other codes are doing and failing at now and put 'dots on a map'. Therefore straight away any argument about expansion that brings up any state in its argument is one not worth arguing. What is wroth arguing though is the three current NRL bids and the one bid trying to get off the ground. Location is not important to expansion, the only thing that counts is the community. If there is enough of a community push and the bid has a strong business plan that engages the community, fans, locals and kids as well as being able to attract more sponsors to the game and a overall adding to the game.

IMO, there is only two current bids that can do all that and those two bids will enter the competition in 2013.

And make liars out of themselves.

That is opinionated, nothing opinionated by the very different of the word can be fact.

If that were the case i could start saying outrageous things like "fact is, Qatar remains a important area to put a team for the NRL survival long term."

Laugh your arse off all you want but IMO if a TV network say they would be willing to pay more for the rights if a QLD team was admitted then that is probably what will happen.

bobmar28

Bench
Don't be surprised if the NRL ties up the stronghold of rugby league first e.g CC Bears and a QLD team, knowing this is where they know they will get the supporters, sponsorship and juniors before taking the game to other area's.

NSW can accommodate another team in it's regional area that being the Central Coast.

Can the QLD government afford to build another stadium after the floods? Will the QLD Labour Party get voted in again.

Still waiting why NSW cannot have another team. I have seen no facts only some bias comments from some Dog's fans.

Go to the CC Bears web site and it will inform you on vital facts.

The CC produces many NRL standard juniors, has a stadium already, the North Shore of Sydney only has one NRL team, the CC economy is gaining more $$$$$, the CC Bears will utilise the NSDRLFC juniors and the CC, has membership and sponsorship.

Also, many current NRL clubs take their games to Gosford knowing they will get fans to the game.

The CC is crying out for a team.

If the IC has any common sense it will include all four teams or at least informed them on when they will be entering the competition.

CC Bears for the NRL in 2013. Common sense and justice to prevail.

I agree with all those points except the ones highlighted.

I will avoid using the word fact and say IMO there are too many teams in NSW already. We are trying to take the game national. To me that means expanding outside NSW.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
I support the Central Coast NRL bid, i was just re-typing every half-baked argument posted on here that is against the Central Coast bid.

I have yet come across anybody with a reasonable and well thought out reason as to why the Central Coast should not have a team enter in 2013.

How about Sydney and NSW already have too many teams. That is so well thought out that I have been saying it for 3 years.

bobmar28

Bench

Are you saying that the NRL needs an 11th team in NSW?

Last edited:

Talons

Juniors
Does anyone disagree that N.S.W and Q.L.D are the two strongest rugby league states ?
IMHO they are at least of equal strength, and the inequity of teams based in these two states makes me believe another team in Q.L.D will overall have greater growth and profit potential for the NRL.

Latest posts