What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

BDGS

Bench
Exactly. Because like your mate's post it was pure speculation. Ever heard of using a patronising tone to illustrate a point?

And of all people to talk about facts you should be the last to step up. All you've got is heresay from people purportedly 'inside' the CC bid or the NRL. People, that conveniently, you can't name. Laughable.

Not nearly as laughable as you taking aim at people who are experience floods. That's low. The reason i stopped giving out facts on here was because every time i did somebody would pop their head up and say "oh yeah those articles are right but the people i talk said the opposite", so what do i do? i go talk to the people in charge and now i get told i have no facts. :lol:

You are unbelievable.

RedVee

First Grade
What evidence do you have that a second QLD side couldn't be ready by 2013 (let alone '14)? Pre-bid membership is but one aspect of the bids. One of the things I hope the NRL doesn't do is make a short sighted decision where they admit a team that is better at the current time but could be surpassed within a couple years by another. Not saying this will be the case, from an outsider's point of view though (I'm a supporter of the Red's bid but undecided on the others) it looks as though some CCB bid supporters are taking a stance of "put us in, before they get better than us".

Since the floods have hit I think this bid should definatley shift it's attentions to being more of a "second Brisbane" club, or if the Jets are unwilling to compromise being a through and through Ipswich team then another bid to be based in South Brisbane and play out of Suncorp for the foreseable future.

I was strongly of the opinion they should be calling themselves South Brisbane and targetting anti-Broncos RL supporters in Brisbane anyway. They could be based in Springfield and target most of their community work and juniors from Logan to Ipswich and play out of Suncorp Stadium. This will have to be the way it goes now if they want to get in in 2013 IMO, a new stadium in Ipswich would be fairly low on the agenda for some time now, and they have a World class stadium down the road. When the population boom is 5-10 years down the track they could look at getting a new stadium built and moving most games to the western corridor, it certainly isn't necessary though IMO.

If the Jets bid team doesn't want a bar of this then it might just be a lost cause for 2013, if so bring on the South Brisbane/Brisbane Brothers or Diehards in 2017 :D.

Well you might say they have 2 world class stadiums just down the road. I'm guessing they could play a game or two at Robina if they chose, or if it was necessary for any reason.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not nearly as laughable as you taking aim at people who are experience floods. That's low.
So people who make foolish statements are untouchable because of flooding? He took aim at people who also experienced flooding when he scorned them for not being there. R&BBear seems a decent enough chap but on this occasion his passion got in the way of his thinking.

The reason i stopped giving out facts on here was because every time i did somebody would pop their head up and say "oh yeah those articles are right but the people i talk said the opposite", so what do i do? i go talk to the people in charge and now i get told i have no facts. :lol: .
Because you are as reliable as a trabant. You never had facts, just revisionist evidence that you manufactured to suit your purpose. As for going to people in charge, one of the reasons they are in charge is because they know how to fob off people they see as irritants by providing titbits of broad truths. And you seem especially adept at swallowing these broad truths and treating them like gospel. Either that or you make the whole lot up.

You are unbelievable.
Thank you, for once you are correct.

BDGS

Bench
Because you are as reliable as a trabant. You never had facts, just revisionist evidence that you manufactured to suit your purpose. As for going to people in charge, one of the reasons they are in charge is because they know how to fob off people they see as irritants by providing titbits of broad truths. And you seem especially adept at swallowing these broad truths and treating them like gospel. Either that or you make the whole lot up.

There was facts, but you won't accept those facts because it doesn't suit your ideals. Secondly, blowing me off would be a mistake for any bid but anybody who has had any contact with any branch of the Central Coast Bears knows just how open they are to people wanting information unlike other clubs.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There was facts, but you won't accept those facts because it doesn't suit your ideals.
My ideals? These are my ideals - I support a team at the central coast but not in this round of expansion believing a side from Perth and a 2nd Brisbane side would be more beneficial to the competition at this time. And I support rationale debate on the matter with open minded individuals.
Secondly, blowing me off would be a mistake for any bid but anybody who has had any contact with any branch of the Central Coast Bears knows just how open they are to people wanting information unlike other clubs.
I'll take your word for it.

BDGS

Bench
My ideals? These are my ideals - I support a team at the central coast but not in this round of expansion believing a side from Perth and a 2nd Brisbane side would be more beneficial to the competition at this time. And I support rationale debate on the matter with open minded individuals.

From what i am hearing by both the fans and the organisation is that it is now or never for the Bears. Go to the area and it certainly has that type of feel.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
From what i am hearing by both the fans and the organisation is that it is now or never for the Bears. Go to the area and it certainly has that type of feel.
I have said it before and will once again - good luck to the bears on their bid. If they get in then good on them.

Pigskin

Juniors
Also where are the fans getting behind the bid? Bears have 5k+ members, Reds have members plus a supporters group starting up, where are the fans in Q'land championing a new team? That for me is the worrying part, there doesn't seem to be a ground swell of fans that are jumping on the exciting idea of having an NRL team to follow.

Sorry to single out this post, because in truth I could have quoted many. Above is short-sighted stupidity.

Where are the fans to get behind the bid ? In Queensland mate ! Where the fans turn up in droves to watch RL. There is your supporter base. We don't need 5k members, supporters groups or guarantees from billionaires. Queensland is the home of RL after all - we turn up to games.

Don't know why Reds fans would be so worried. Perth will sorta look after itself. All the fluff about supporters and members means nothing. If they want you to make it a national comp, you'll get the gig. If they don't, you won't.

The CC should be the ones overlooked for all the obvious reasons. Any other decision by the NRL commission will result in a call for new commissioners.

Oink !

BDGS

Bench
Sorry to single out this post, because in truth I could have quoted many. Above is short-sighted stupidity.

Where are the fans to get behind the bid ? In Queensland mate ! Where the fans turn up in droves to watch RL. There is your supporter base. We don't need 5k members,

You might want to talk to the NRL before saying that.

supporters groups or guarantees from billionaires. Queensland is the home of RL after all -

Tell that to CQ, led by a billionaire.

we turn up to games.

Do you? Cowboys crowds are poor and the Titans are one of the only clubs to have average crowd numbers dropping.

The CC should be the ones overlooked for all the obvious reasons. Any other decision by the NRL commission will result in a call for new commissioners.

Oink !

What are these "obvious reasons" ?

Also, if you guys "don't need" so much things, maybe you shouldn't stop, perhaps you guys don't need government funding, you guys don't need a stadium either, or players or staff or anything, after all this is the sunshine state or is this the muddy state, sometimes i get confused because the sun shines out of QLD's arse so much they don't need anything other parts of this great country need.

Grow up and think in real terms.

Last edited:
You're an idiot. Firstly I've been around Ipswich for a long time and my folks have lived near ippy since 89. Secondly, if a bid team wants to engage a community then help the community out when it needs it and I guarantee you that the community will repay them.

Thirdly I've been working my arse off since Thursday cleaning up Brisbane and Ipswich, along side locals and along side people whom like myself and family lost almost everything in this flood. Fourthly, I've been a member of the jets qrl team since 2003 and have no qualms with them. Fifthly, people came
up to me and decided to talk footy not the other way around.

Sixly, you aren't a local and you obviously don't know sh*t. You sit on your chair on the net claiming to know the go but you don't. Seventhly, I made the effort to ask about the jets bid. Have you?

8thly, give yourself an uppercut and hope you never go through what I, my family and friends an communities have gone through last week.

Talking down? No. I saw titans, broncos, lions, roar all helping out. I even saw qrl players helping out. No one from the jets bid lives in Ipswich. No one from their bid helped. I guarantee you had this happened on the cc, florimo would be the first person helping out their community.

looks like you have me all sumed up. wanker where do you think i live you may have passed me if you have been helping to clean up brisbane.

Last time i checked they wre still in the process of formalising there bid, so how can they engage the community yet?

Sheme there will be no bears.

But i wish you all the best with your clean up efforts and hope everyone is ok and can get back on there feet

BDGS

Bench
Last time i checked they wre still in the process of formalising there bid, so how can they engage the community yet?

What?

I think i get what you mean, but not having a bid formalised doesn't stop a bid team for a bid supporters group going out and getting more support/involvement/backing/community passion then just a petition.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Where are the fans to get behind the bid ? In Queensland mate ! Where the fans turn up in droves to watch RL. There is your supporter base. We don't need 5k members, supporters groups or guarantees from billionaires. Queensland is the home of RL after all - we turn up to games.

Don't know why Reds fans would be so worried. Perth will sorta look after itself. All the fluff about supporters and members means nothing. If they want you to make it a national comp, you'll get the gig. If they don't, you won't.

Oink !

I'm not worried, we are favourites and if we don't get in it will be because we are still not ready or the NRL isn't ready for a national comp, and I can live with that.

re the point I was making, I just find it very strange that I haven't seen anyone on here say that they are excited that they will get a team to support in the Jets, in fact I am struggling to recall anyone on here who has said they will become their team. Now it may be that non Broncos fans in Brissie area don;t have access to the internet or on mass boycott this forum or it may be that in fact not many people are jumping up and down with joy at the prospect of supporting the Jets in the NRL? The advocate sfor the Jets seem to be people who already support another club but see a 2nd Brissie team will be good for the NRL.

So anyone on here actually going to become a ticketed member of the Jets if they get in?

jim_57

Staff member
Do you? Cowboys crowds are poor and the Titans are one of the only clubs to have average crowd numbers dropping.

Cowboys have had a few piss-poor seasons in a row and Titans are going through the phase where the novelty factor is wearing off, TBF they did finish the season quite strongly in regards to crowds. I garuentee you the Bears or any other new club will experience the later and probably the first one aswell. It's a very circumstancial arguement to suit your case IMO.

Broncos have much bigger crowds than any other team and there's alot of RL fans in Brisbane that don't have a local side they support.

I'm not worried, we are favourites and if we don't get in it will be because we are still not ready or the NRL isn't ready for a national comp, and I can live with that.

re the point I was making, I just find it very strange that I haven't seen anyone on here say that they are excited that they will get a team to support in the Jets, in fact I am struggling to recall anyone on here who has said they will become their team. Now it may be that non Broncos fans in Brissie area don;t have access to the internet or on mass boycott this forum or it may be that in fact not many people are jumping up and down with joy at the prospect of supporting the Jets in the NRL? The advocate sfor the Jets seem to be people who already support another club but see a 2nd Brissie team will be good for the NRL.

So anyone on here actually going to become a ticketed member of the Jets if they get in?

The Same thing can be asked of the CC Bears membership, if the Bears are admitted...how many of their 5000 members will stump up cash to become a ticketed member, there is a huge difference between 10-20 bucks and possibly a couple of hundred

The Same thing can be asked of the CC Bears membership, if the Bears are admitted...how many of their 5000 members will stump up cash to become a ticketed member, there is a huge difference between 10-20 bucks and possibly a couple of hundred

Considering that people put in the money for memberships regardless of the price already gives you an indication that the community will buy memberships as the seasons pass and as the population grows. It's not the same thing at all because people have already thrown money at the bid. Matter of fact many of the memberships are actually the $80 ones. Not discounting the 65 foundation memberships @ 5500 a piece. We'll be right.

As for the Jets, it's never too early to engage the community especially if like the Bears there is a pre existing fan base (norths for cc and jets qrl for jets nrl bid) I would have thought the bid team would have already initiated nrl bid memberships for the existing qrl team members.

On a side note: i've renewed my qrl jets membership.

smithie

Juniors

If it's a true second Brisbane team, YES. If it's an Ipswich team, HELL NO.

Considering that people put in the money for memberships regardless of the price already gives you an indication that the community will buy memberships as the seasons pass and as the population grows. It's not the same thing at all because people have already thrown money at the bid. Matter of fact many of the memberships are actually the $80 ones. Not discounting the 65 foundation memberships @ 5500 a piece. We'll be right.

As for the Jets, it's never too early to engage the community especially if like the Bears there is a pre existing fan base (norths for cc and jets qrl for jets nrl bid) I would have thought the bid team would have already initiated nrl bid memberships for the existing qrl team members.

On a side note: i've renewed my qrl jets membership.

fair enough....is there a link to the breakdown of the memberships

Latest posts