What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what centre have we signed?

CrazyEel

Bench
I'll throw a spanner in the works could this signing be Michael Jennings?

Boxy said in the rumored confirmed thread someone on the other site revealed Jennings is coming to parra....

Will be interesting to see who it is when it's revealed
It's already been revealed by Staggs as Willie Tonga

boxhead

First Grade
The person apparently confirmed Paulo coming to us before it was actually confirmed, but I would say with confidence it won't happen. It just doesn't make any sense really, considering Jenning's comments earlier in the year, and the fact that we have already signed a left centre, are about to sign a left centre, and have a gun left centre in the wings, and Jennings is a left centre!

Snoochies

First Grade
"Tonga" = QLD catchcry. If he can win them a SOO without actually playing them sign him up.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Honestly thought Burt provided somthing at the back Hayne doesnt-Support play.His positional play was also terrific.
Burt is just an ordinary winger but he is an excellent fullback.Id almost not want him in the team on the wing.At fullback he can direct play-Kick-support play is sublime and position wise he is terrific.
It also open up the fullback role for young Marmin for 2013

Mate I'd argue the opposite to your points here.

Burt is a good winger, but an ordinary fullback. He had his best ever game of footy last night, but normally he's quite absent defensively as a fullback.
As a winger he's quite good in that he knows when to drift infield and 'sniff out' a try.

I like young Marmin, but to move a superstar now to free up a spot for a 68kg kid in 2 years seems a bit :crazy:

In terms of support play, Hayne from FB this season hasn't had anything to support - he's been the chief of the tribe.
If he plays FB next year behind Sandow and Roberts you can bet he'll have plenty of plays to be running off.

Bigfella

Coach
I couldn't agree less omc.

The biggest argument for Jayne to 6 I that Burt has been worse than hopeless on the wing. And he's been very very good at 1.

Not only that, but hayne was great last night, and better than anything Casey or morts or Roberts ha done this year.

I think there's a big case for Burt 1 and hayne 6.

However we need another first grade wing option if we do that - although I thought atkins did pretty well last night

hindy111

Post Whore
If i had to choose between burt or Hayne of course it would be hayne
But as people say Hayne is wasted on the wing in origin-A cas must be made for burt who is wasted on the wing-He has a very good kicking game-A ver good supporting game and organises the defense well.His positional play is superior to Hayne as well.
On the wing Burt doesnt provide a lot IMO.Just some speed but thats it.
I had forgotten how good a fullback burt is.
As far as Hlaves go-Sando will add some spark but Roberts still has to make his way back in the top grade and shouldnt be stamped down for the number 6 just yet

Gronk

Staff member
I couldn't agree less omc.

The biggest argument for Jayne to 6 I that Burt has been worse than hopeless on the wing. And he's been very very good at 1.

Not only that, but hayne was great last night, and better than anything Casey or morts or Roberts ha done this year.

I think there's a big case for Burt 1 and hayne 6.

However we need another first grade wing option if we do that - although I thought atkins did pretty well last night

Credit to Etu and Atkins. Whilst they didn't have to field one attacking kick, I thought they were both strong.

Etu reminds me of Graham Atkins the way the he barrels up the field BTW. If only Jordan Atkins could use his size like Brett Aktins. Atkins overload, sorry.

Bigfella

Coach
Hopefully our backline will be on the atkins diet next year and we don't need both of them.

Etu has been puttig in, no doubt. But I have seen him backwards in defence about six times this year. Once is unforgivable really.

They bennefitted from a woeful kicking game. They have been pretty poor in armwreatls bringing it out from our line IMO.

Gee it would be good if we are targetting yow yeh in addition.

Basque Eel

Juniors
Heard Sterlo last night at half time say he was talking to Paul Osborne and he's said we've signed a really good centre for next year. It won't be announced for a couple of weeks..I wonder if its Willy Tonga from the Cowboys?? Heard he's not happy in Townsville.

True EEL

Bench
1. Burt
2. Morgan
3. Tonga
4. Tonga
5. Loko
6. Hayne
7. Sandow

14. Roberts

yy that would have to be pretty close mate.....except maybe Atkins for Morgan maybe, or Loko as we wont be seeing him run around for a while id he needs a full knee reco???

Last edited: