What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

beave

Coach
Does that mean NFL players don't get drug tested?

No, they still get drug tested. But the penalties for returning a positive test are far less severe because it's all controlled by the NFL. Players who test positive the 1st time get minimal suspensions compared to all other sports who are under WADA's control.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Ings is a real dummy so i wouldnt take his opinions on anything too seriously. It was discussed over the million threads on drugs in sport but he gets a lot wrong for a supposed expert

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Good on him for having a go. I much prefer NRL players leaving for the NFL where they are genuinely challenged that going to RU/VFL where they get a huge pay check by exploiting the profile NRL gave them....

I hope there are more like him to have a go and maybe bring a few players that didnt make it in the NFL back here for a un. Ive said many times that RL would benefit from associating its image with Gridiron instead of RU.

If we're going to sit in someones shadow, we might as well ride their coattails....

Parramatta are in an impossible cap position to even consider approaching Hayne.

The Roosters have cap space set aside for Sonny Bill Williams, which will now be made available for Jarryd Hayne. He can even play this year if he is registered before June 30th.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
It would seem he was tapped on the shoulder on the face of it. But if that was the case, why wasn't he part of the recent cut?

Cuts happen every day at this point in pre season. He was likely told that he has a huge fight on his hands to make the 53 and this opportunity popped up.

He was at best their 3rd string rb, in a heavily stacked position on their roster and more likely ranked around 5th. The 49ers also drafted in the position, so a guy that will make the roster.

Plus he is ineligible for the practice squad this year because of the amount of games he was active last year. Tomsula messed that up big time

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
No, they still get drug tested. But the penalties for returning a positive test are far less severe because it's all controlled by the NFL. Players who test positive the 1st time get minimal suspensions compared to all other sports who are under WADA's control.

The NFL does not test for HGH's.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ings is a real dummy so i wouldnt take his opinions on anything too seriously. It was discussed over the million threads on drugs in sport but he gets a lot wrong for a supposed expert

Given a Patriot's player stood down to play Rugby 7's for the USA, I would say that they are making a mountain out of a molehill.

That all said, given how good the Fijians are at 7's, it's going to be a hard team to crack into no matter how good you think you are.

Avenger

Immortal
Parramatta are in an impossible cap position to even consider approaching Hayne.

The Roosters have cap space set aside for Sonny Bill Williams, which will now be made available for Jarryd Hayne. He can even play this year if he is registered before June 30th.

No they are not. Only half of the released/retiring players contracts were calculated for this year as contracts start in November.

In 2017, Watmough at $750,000, Peats at $300,000, Morgan on $140,000 and Paulo at 180,000 (his 2016 contract for us) has already been saved. More than enough for Hayne. In addition if we let go of Gordon that extra $200,000k will be used to top up Norman. Don't believe in the media bullshit. We are not in a impossible position. Have you seen how many internationals the Storm have? How about the Cows? How about Brisbane?

shiznit

Coach
He has got less than 3 months...

You are kidding yourself if you think he is going to walk into this team...

He should have tried the Australian team.. would have been much easier...
Isn't Uncle Frank the president of Fiji Rugby?? :lol:

that shady old bastard will get him in if it means taking publicity away from AUS & NZ... :lol: