What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine

Juniors
"Deception" by Hugh Jackman. Run-of-the-mill thriller. Not great, but worth a look. Got a bit too "hollywood-like" towards the end.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Forgetting Sarah Marshall - pretty good comedy- had Kristen Bell in it
Superhero - Super sucked
Semi Pro - not that good but light entertainment

runatme

Bench
Did you enjoy it...

LOVED IT
much better than the recent garbage marvel have been releasing eg rise of the silver surfer,spiderman 3
but not in the same category as batman begins or superman returns

but a well directed film
a lot of respect given tot he comic book
downey jnr and paltrow were great cant wait for the sequel

Bernster

Juniors
I saw Black Balloon about 2 weeks ago.

It's about an Autistic boy in an Army Family (I can relate to the Army Family bit as I was an Army Brat for the first 20 years of my life). Loved the Movie.

Aside from that, the only flick I give a rats ar$s about this year is on in 4 weeks time (Sex and the City of course). Im taking my Sister-in-Law to the local Birch Carrol and Coyle Cinema (neither of us like Readings Cinemas that is near Dairy Farmers Stadium and she also lives closer to the other suburban cinema than I do - which I haven't been into for about 15 years) on Opening Night and there is no way we are going to miss this for quids because we have been discussing doing this since December. If Carrie and Big do not get married, I will not be a happy camper (that's all I give a rats about TBQH).

lotti

Bench
Made of Honour, better than I thought it would be, it's My Best Friend's Wedding mixed with 27 Dresses.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Speed Racer.

It was a lot better than I expected. I'd read so much negative publicity about it that I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, it's far from Shakespeare, but it was friggin' enjoyable. Visually stunning, funny the right amount of times, and even the cheesy sentimentality was bearable.

JB

Juniors
Iron Man.

Enjoyed it! Great effects, good story, great casting with Robert Downey Jr. As with most Marvel movies though it could do with a bit more action. Lets face it, the best parts in these movies is when our character's ARE actually Iron Man, or the Hulk, or Spiderman. Definitely the best Marvel movie i've seen. The sequel should even be better.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watched The Mist last night myself. Enjoyed it more than reviews had lead me to believe. Loved the ending.

Samwise

Bench
Saw Iron Man on Saturday - good comic book movie. Loved the casting of Robert Downey Jnr. Also watched Into the Wild last night which i loved. Just bought the soundtrack too.

Generalzod

Immortal
Iron Man.

Enjoyed it! Great effects, good story, great casting with Robert Downey Jr. As with most Marvel movies though it could do with a bit more action. Lets face it, the best parts in these movies is when our character's ARE actually Iron Man, or the Hulk, or Spiderman. Definitely the best Marvel movie i've seen. The sequel should even be better.

It was excellent...

nöyd

Staff member
zodiac - very very good. enjoyed it a lot. it was f**king long, but a thoroughly enjoyable thriller/drama/serial killer murder movie.. thing...

Really? It ranks up there with my worst, I actually started fast forwarding through it to see who the killer was and I'm still none the wiser. Seems weird to me to make a movie about a serial killer whom nobody knows who it is. Ever.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It ranks up there with my worst, I actually started fast forwarding through it to see who the killer was and I'm still none the wiser. Seems weird to me to make a movie about a serial killer whom nobody knows who it is. Ever.

Probably because it's based on a true story. Nobody ever caught the Zodiac. The story wasn't so much about catching him as it was about the men whose lives the chase consumed.

nöyd

Staff member
Probably because it's based on a true story. Nobody ever caught the Zodiac. The story wasn't so much about catching him as it was about the men whose lives the chase consumed.

Yes I know. My point was why the movie was made in the first place if it technically has no ending.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yes I know. My point was why the movie was made in the first place if it technically has no ending.

It's a character film. It follows the lives of characters during a certain time. It's about a topic of interest and a serial killer that nobody was able to apprehend. What kind of ending can you give to that kind of story without making one up?

nöyd

Staff member
It's a character film. It follows the lives of characters during a certain time. It's about a topic of interest and a serial killer that nobody was able to apprehend. What kind of ending can you give to that kind of story without making one up?

This thread isn't for lengthy discussion so I don't wish to hijack it with back and forth banter. Suffice it to say that I was under the impression I was watching a movie based upon real events, where the "hero would save the day" so to speak. When a film ends like it did - which is just end (there's no other way to put it), then I can't help but feel agrieved that I wasted 2 and whatever hours watching a film that was interesting to me but then failed to deliver any closure on the subject, it's no different to a woman giving you a case of blueballs if you ask me lol

sh*t, Hollywood makes everything else up to suit themselves, they couldn't do it to this piece of tripe? And if Jake Gyllenhall is an actor then Daniel Wagon is a good passer of the football.

End of rant. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.