What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
then I can't help but feel agrieved that I wasted 2 and whatever hours watching a film that was interesting to me but then failed to deliver any closure on the subject, it's no different to a woman giving you a case of blueballs if you ask me lol

:lol:

I agree that it was a disappointing ending, but I prefer it to them taking liberties with the story. I mean, to give that story an ending, they either had to add a completely fictitious character or point the finger at a real one. That's fine if you're doing Jack the Ripper or another case where the suspects and victims are dead, but it wouldn't fly when most who were involved (save the prime suspect) are still alive and kicking. Given the subject matter, I'm not surprised that the film ended like it did.

Hell, I only really liked it for Downey Jr and Ruffalo's performances. Aside from that, it didn't rock my world by any stretch.

nöyd

Staff member
Hell, I only really liked it for Downey Jr and Ruffalo's performances. Aside from that, it didn't rock my world by any stretch.

Then we will gladly agree on that fact. Honestly I was in awe of RDJ, the man is without a doubt my favourite actor, probably along with John Cusack. But when he (Downey Jr.) was not on screen, I found it hard to get interested.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just got done watching Cloverfield. Really enjoyed it. It was stylish, it was well paced, and it had its terrifying moments. It was one of the rare movies where I almost found myself hoping for a Hollywood ending I knew wasn't possible from the outset.

I really dug that final piece of footage, foreshadowing the whole thing.

2 True Blues

Coach
Just saw Rocky again on FOX movies. Seen it many times. Though still have to force back a tear at his effort in the ring at the end. Don't know why that happens to me though, but it does have that effect on me strangely enough.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw Cactus on the big screen 2 weeks ago, it was a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be.

I watched The Condemned on DVD on the weekend, not too bad or brilliant. a good story line destroyed by some woeful acting.

Music is good though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just got done watching Gone Baby Gone. Really enjoyed it, but the ending had me thinking far too much for this time of morning.

As somebody close to a situation where a family is grossly mistreating their kids and getting away with it because the system is full of second chances and loopholes, it frustrated me to see the ending play out as it did.

Cupid Stunt

Strange Wilderness. I liked it, stupid fart gag type of jokes but it was worth a giggle.

What Happens In Vegas. Not bad for a girly movie. Nice time waster.

AILD

Bench
semi pro: pretty funny in parts. im a huge fan of will ferrel ...its his typical humour...but there were a few parts where it got bogged down.

Cupid Stunt

You expect something different from me? :lol:
Nice to see that you're still using that awesome banner!:D

1) No. :p

2) Nice to see you still grace us with your presence occassionally. :D And yes the banner still gets a run, it's like a forum V.D, I want to get rid ofit but then what would I have to talk about? :sarcasm:

Semi Pro. As was written above, I liked it & def typical Ferrell humour.

21. Liked this also. A bit Hollywood-y but not bad. Be nice to have the skills though.

Status
Not open for further replies.