What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samwise

Bench
saw chronicles of Narnia on boxing day. As expected Adamson did a sh!te job, absolutely no character development, over censored and felt rushed. 2/5.

Cheaper By The Dozen 2 - Utter Bollocks. I mean, why cast 12 kids in the film if only 5 of them have dialogue? Steve Martin doesn't age either - he's looked like he's 65 for about 25 years now.

GreenGuy

Saw Chronicles of Narnia tonight and thought it was pretty good, definately deserving of around a 7/10.

warren

Juniors
saw Narnia last night, and i loved it. although i think maybe a litter more fighting would've made it better, but it was still a good movie

Big Pete

Referee
Just Like Heaven.

Came into the theatre hoping for something good.

Came out with an average film, Reese Witherspoon is good as a nagging chick from hell however when she tries to be sweet it just doesn't work for me, neither does it with Mark Ruffulo who was better when he was more angsty and quiet. The story has very little substance, very little laughs, half the story is given away at the start and you have to wait for the main characters to catch up which to me was annoying. Last but not least Napolian Dynamite (whoever the actor was) plays only a bit part and it sadly didn't save the movie.

In the end a 2/5, blokes stay clear, girls watch if you're into a forced fed story with very average characters and a sweet story to go with it.

strewth_mate

Bench
Narnia.

Enjoyed it on face value, don't care about the religious allegory, and want to slap the youngest kid for being remarkably ugly.

Saw "Narnia" with a few of my kids on New Years Day. Pretty well done I thought. It's pretty long though, it needed to be, but you definitely want to see it at a comfy theatre. Have to agree with the comments about the battle scene. It builds up to this over two hours and the battle is all over pretty quickly with little doubt over the outcome. The Queen of Narnia is killed off very quickly too and that needed to be both extended and some doubt thrown in for good measure.

I must confess to never having read the CS Lewis books, so I don't know if she comes back later. It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were gearing up for a sequel or sequels.

brook

First Grade
Eskimo Sharkie said:
I must confess to never having read the CS Lewis books, so I don't know if she comes back later. It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were gearing up for a sequel or sequels.

its been a long time since I read the books but from memory the focus shifts from 'evil white witch' to 'evil thinly-disguised muslims' (or at least it does in the last books of the series - it has been a VERY long time)

Raider_69

Post Whore
saw "Fun with Dick and Jane" last night, it wasnt too bad, not great either, but got a few good laughs, spose thats all ya want from a comedy thou

Walk the Line. Very good performances by Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon, perhaps Oscar-worthy. 2 actors I had little regard for before seeing this film.

A very well-made bio-pic about country music legend Johnny Cash. Really captures the time period of the 50s, when he was starting out, touring with the likes of Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison.

I'm not a fan of many modern movies, as I feel they've gone downhill since the golden age of the 70s, but this is a movie that can stand up with any.

leaguerules

Juniors
saw narnia last night like alot of others have said its good, just a little diasppointed iwas exspecting something a bit more spectacular especially after my previous moviewas KIng Kong which was really good
7.5/10 for me for Narnia.

Dont know if iwrote about king kong if i didnt its awsome 9.5/10

Watched 'Life of Brian' again last night for the first time in about ten years. Wanted to see if the humour could stand the test of time as what seems funny years ago is often not quite so amusing years later.

I didn't laugh as much as I did the first time I saw this but it is still a very funny movie.

drake

First Grade
King Kong.

Beautiful, action packed, well written, excellent CGI...perfect.

carcharias

Immortal
I saw Narnia at La Prem.

Load of fuggen crap that was.

I thought I was having Lord of the Rings flash backs.

I think I have had a gutfull of prissy little pommies in movies.

will I?

YES ....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They all die in a train crash.:D think I'm joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.