What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Phillips said:
you should go and see Hostel when it hits the cinimas...

ive been hanging out for hostel since august. And now that it has opened in the states....it should only be another couple of months. cant wait!

also latest movie i saw was wolf creek. i didnt mind it..thought it was really short. But a pretty good film.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Producers - quite enjoyable, looked to be a good adaptation from the musical (haven't seen it, but plenty of entertainment value all the same).

Duece Bigalow 2 - Truly awful.

Kakihara

Juniors
Watching Gangs of New York at the moment. Only got to half way last night before i fell asleep.

Seems like an alright film so far

King Kong - awesome flick, but they could have culled a few scenes if anything

40 Year Old Virgin - not my choice, but was a lot better than I anticipated. Pretty bloody funny actually.

Million Dollar Baby - only just hired it. Gripping, then haunting. Brilliant.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I just seen Kung Fu Hustle. Its better than I thought it would be. Funny at times, great action scenes and also a good plot.

shadow grinder

First Grade
parra_panther said:
The Producers - quite enjoyable, looked to be a good adaptation from the musical (haven't seen it, but plenty of entertainment value all the same).

Duece Bigalow 2 - Truly awful.

i thought duece 2 was pretty funny. the first beats it by a mile...but it was still good IMO.

Phillips

Referee
Panthers_God said:
I just seen Kung Fu Hustle. Its better than I thought it would be. Funny at times, great action scenes and also a good plot.

watched it too

dissapointing

mr_sharks

Juniors
I rented Bangkok Hilton the other night and I really enjoyed it....very much along the lines of Schappelle Corby.......very good acting from Kidman and some other Aussies....
the movie was long though (the case said 4/12 hours, but it didn't seem like that). It's about 15 years old.

strewth_mate

Bench
The (new) Producers - ignored critical approach and loved every minute.
Inspired a rewatch of Blazing Saddles.
and randomly, that Baraka film/doco.

fosie

Juniors
Underworld Evolution. pretty good. More action than the first one though abit boring at times. It is rated MA15+ for a good reason :p

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just saw 'Crash'. Absolutely beautiful movie. It's like watching a poem unfold in the way the music links it all together and there's just those moments of clarity and beauty that take your breath away.

The first 10 out of 10 I've handed out in a long time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just saw "Get Rich Or Die Tryin' ". I know 50 Cent is not everyone's cup of tea, but it was actually quite good.

Made things very clear as to his life.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The Singing Detective - 5.5/10

I really wanted to like it after seeing a stage adaptation last year, but it was just all over the place. The acting is tremendous, but the plot of an over six hour mini-series just won't fit in a shade over ninety minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.