What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 True Blues

Coach
Top movie hey, Up there with the 100 best. Denzal WASHINGTON was better in that one than he was in Training Day when he won the academy award, and more captivating than his role in GLORY ( Matt BRODERICK )....

Generalzod

Immortal
newtownbluebags said:
Thin Red Line - Nick Nolte among many other well known actors ;-)

One of the best war movies totally under-rated film... The film was Better than Saving Private Ryan which was released at the same time.

2 True Blues

Coach
Thin Red Line was released afterwards just, though agree it was better. The poetic art btw the true movie makes it what it was, a work of !!!! The Aussies did more in that theatre and it is a shame we do not have the money to tell and give credit when credit is so so so overdue. Would be much better viewing !!! " GONA'S GONE !!! ( Peter BRUNE )........

My flatmate came home last night and told me he'd hired two DVD's for us to watch...

Memoirs of a Geisha & Date Movie.

After I ripped teh absolute piss out of him for hiring Geisha, we watched it, during which I ripped the absolute piss out him him for the next 20 mins. It wasn't bad to be honest, but not an all-time classic in my book. But the cinematography was stunning.

Date Movie is easily the worst movie I have seen since Boat Trip, also hired by my flatmate. Painfully unfunny. Yeah, you see Sophie Monk in her glory many times, but it was chronic.

Cupid Stunt

The Ant Bully. Young fella had a pupil free day & this went down a treat. Full of morals but a nice kiddie flick.

McLovin

Staff member
Saw Unbreakable (Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson) last night. Can't remember the directors name but he's done movies like Signs, sixth sense, and some pretty decent once in the past few years. I recommend this one.

I also saw The secret window (Johnny Depp). Good Thriller and kept me hooked till the end.

Saw "You, Me and Dupree" on the weekend. Not quite belly laugh material, but not bad.

Had a bit of an Owen Wilson weekend actually. Also watched "Zoolander" and "Wedding Crashers". Both are great.

Steel Dragon

Bench
MC84 said:
Saw Unbreakable (Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson) last night. Can't remember the directors name but he's done movies like Signs, sixth sense, and some pretty decent once in the past few years. I recommend this one.

I also saw The secret window (Johnny Depp). Good Thriller and kept me hooked till the end.

Director - Sixth Sense, Signs etc = M. Night Shaymalan

Secret Window a woeful movie, a fairly predictable twist if youve seen the other movie which has a similar story line. I wont say which - but it was a huge hit.

2 True Blues

Coach
Steel Dragon said:
i watched Flight of the Phoenix last night.

it wasnt crap - but it wasnt much better.........

The original was better I thought !!! That reminds me of a top movie ' the great escape ', ( cause of it having X as the same actor in both ) ( richard ATTENBOROUGH by memory I think ) Though the book was better again LOL.......Too much American fiction when in real life they had bugger all to do with the real great escape, just the money to make the movie and steal the credit from the Aussies and UK's as usual by making out they were special and involved !!! LOL..................:crazy:

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
First Blood on TV Friday night or is it Sunday?...I will be viewing...all the other Rambo movies IMO were crap!........why they couldn't leave the first one as a classic I dunno????

~Z~

Juniors
lol watched ace ventura pet dective for the first time in ages yest. Safe to say it still makes me rofl.

Last movie I saw for the first run was The Lake House. Wasnt impressed

2 True Blues

Coach
Is that the one with Keaunu REEVES and Sandra BULLOCK and they are in different time zones. saw the previews on that ABC movie show, and even those bores rated it as pretty boring....LOL............

2 True Blues

Coach
Speaking of BORES....Is Bill ( bend over and pick up the soap ) COLLINS still hanging around on FOX !!!! Lovely scenary in the last 5 minutes of the movie !!! LOL...............:mrgreen: :sick: :lol: :lol: :shock:

~Z~

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Is that the one with Keaunu REEVES and Sandra BULLOCK and they are in different time zones. saw the previews on that ABC movie show, and even those bores rated it as pretty boring....LOL............

Yeh man, it just goes nowhere, and then ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.