What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Alex28 said:
The first 20 minutes of Eternal Sunshine... sets the whole movie up! It moves at such an awesome pace - brilliant movie...the detail is amazing, Kate Winslet deserves an Oscar for her performance - i thought Jim Carrey at least deserved a nomination.
I completley agree.
I think she did such a great job in that movie, and it was so out of character for her which was great to see.

Phillips

Referee
saw Alien vs Predator...it was ok, could have been ALOT better though #-o

also saw Man On Fire...not really my type of movie, but it was pretty good :clap:

choc_soldier

Coach
Sheros los Deros said:
I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on video. Not too bad for a relationship flick. Some very surreal imagery.

I saw that with the girlfriend last weekend. We both enjoyed it - a bit different from the usual formulaic stuff of that genre. Actually, we had a DVD weekend, watching:

* Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle [was funny, the usual frat comedy]
* Dude Where's My Car [yes, had not seen it - was all right]
* The Terminal [too long winded and pointless in a way]
* Dodgeball [enjoyed it, but not what I thought it would be]
* Punchlove Drunk [seemed to keep the tension and drama all the way through]
* Mean Girls [Lindsey Lohan is some serious eye candy - but the movie sucked]

JTR

Juniors
Today I bought One Hour Photo, Jerry MaGuire, The Fast & The Furious, Predator 2, There's Something About Mary, The Day After Tomorrow & I,Robot on DVD, so they'll all be on my "watched" list shortly... :D

j_tig

Juniors
saw Million Dollar Baby last night (go greater union $5 tight arse tuesday, every man and his dog was there)
first movie for a while that has made me sit back and go whoa!!!just when u think u've ogt it figured out, it changes tact dramatically!!! hillary swank for oscar for best actress (if nominated)

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Saw "HITCH"

It was predictable but I still laughed right out loud a few times.

The best bit was the credits - stay for those if you go see it.

jed

First Grade
j_tig said:
hillary swank for oscar for best actress (if nominated)

Yeah, she is nominated, I think she's odds on to win, I know she's definitely favorite.

I hired "The Girl Next Door" last weekend, not a bad film, especially if you're an Elisha Cuthbert fan, but I doubt I'd ever bother watching it again.

Samwise

Bench
went and saw constantine yesterday, its ok, nothing great.

Just hired out Zatoichi been waiting for it to come to DVD, havent watched it yet though.

Kakihara

Juniors
Samwise said:

Just hired out Zatoichi been waiting for it to come to DVD, havent watched it yet though.

Hey my mate has that movie too. I've been meaning to check it out for a while now.

Cant go wrong with Takeshi Kitano movies though.

Samwise

Bench
shai hulud said:
Samwise said:

Hey my mate has that movie too. I've been meaning to check it out for a while now.

Cant go wrong with Takeshi Kitano movies though.

well worth it mate, Zatoichi is a freak with his sword. Its bloody as hell, but also pretty funny. Kinda goes a bit Bollywoodesque at the end with a big tap dance number from the whole cast. Classic stuff though.

~bedsy~

First Grade
j_tig said:
saw Million Dollar Baby last night (go greater union $5 tight arse tuesday, every man and his dog was there)
first movie for a while that has made me sit back and go whoa!!!just when u think u've ogt it figured out, it changes tact dramatically!!! hillary swank for oscar for best actress (if nominated)
She won it.
I really had no interest in seeing this movie as i'm not into the boxing type movies, but now I want to see it because of all the hype around it.
I'm going to see Hitch on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts