What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wizardman

First Grade
It was just a massive anti climax. I watched it with 3 other people and when it ended we pretty much simultaneously agreed that the ending was crap.

The ending just left me feeling flat.

The ending was certainly unexpected. I had a "what the f**k" moment when I left the cinema as well but understood it more on reflection.

Zoidberg

First Grade
The Lone Ranger. It is a pretty meh film. Nothing new, nothing sticks with you.

Secret life of Walter Mitty. An ok movie, got some nice music and beautuful scenery.

Saw fury the other day. If your claustrophobic you probably won't enjoy it.

It was a great movie. Although not a true story I believe they basically put together a movie based on story's told by ww 2 tank crew veterans. Some have said life was a lot worse than the movie portrayed.

Being in a tank crew would be the worst job ever back then, most of them would die by incineration.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Captain Phillips. Very good. Pretty tense. Final scene had my eyes tearing up, Hanks is an amazing actor.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Just watched Amazing Spiderman 2, it was OK I suppose.

Another case of plot points being spoiled by the trailer though. Cool to see Kiwi Martin Csokas in yet another big blockbuster (he was the scientist with the glasses that Electro doesn't like).

Harry / Green Goblin's theme was totally ripped from Unsolved Mysteries, I'm sure of it haha.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lucy

Some plodder put drugs in the lovely Scarlett Johansson's stomach and like 4 mins later she turned into Batman

Not bad 8/10

Zoidberg

First Grade
Hobbit Battle of 5 armies. It was good, best of the 3 I think. They're just not in the same ballpark as LOTR.
Was enjoyable to see large battle scenes again. I think after quite a few years of overkill (with every big budget film having large scale battles) after the LOTR trilogy came out we haven't had any of those movies recently, and it was nice to see it again.
7/10.
Side note, I actually find the behind the scenes extras on the Hobbit blurays more enjoyable than the actual films.

Wizardman

First Grade
I can see why movie makers remade "Fright Night". I saw the original last night and it wasn't much chop at all. The acting was atrocious but the basic story is decent. I could not get past the girlfriend character (Al Bundy's annoying neighbour in "Married with Children") without thinking back to her tv show persona. She was damn irritating in the movie too.....but every character was annoying in some way.

The remake was very good with Colin Farrell.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
The third Hobbit movie.

It was ok but long winded with a lot of filler.

This was the first of the three that I had seen at the cinema and I found the way it was shot was a bit off putting (it may have just been the 3d). I found that the props stood out more and it felt more like the movie had been shot on a set as opposed to the LOTR trilogy where it all tied together better visually.

I also thought some of the CGI was a bit dodgy. There was one scene in particular, where one of the characters was riding on a horse over a bridge towards the other character (from whose point of view you were in) and it was really blocky (in the way that your flying clipart animation in a power point presentation might be).