What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Frederick

Staff member
The third Hobbit movie.

It was ok but long winded with a lot of filler.

This was the first of the three that I had seen at the cinema and I found the way it was shot was a bit off putting (it may have just been the 3d). I found that the props stood out more and it felt more like the movie had been shot on a set as opposed to the LOTR trilogy where it all tied together better visually.

I also thought some of the CGI was a bit dodgy. There was one scene in particular, where one of the characters was riding on a horse over a bridge towards the other character (from whose point of view you were in) and it was really blocky (in the way that your flying clipart animation in a power point presentation might be).

Easily the worst cgi was when legolas was running up the stones of the collapsing tower bridge.

You think they would've learnt from the scene in return of the king where he was climbing up the elephant. Obviously not

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I couldn't remember whether it was the plain stupidness of that scene or just the shitty CGI that stood out the most so I omitted that out of fairness.

Legolas was the Jar Jar Binks of the Hobbit trilogy.

DC_fan

Coach
The Water Deviner with Russell Crowe. A top movie, well written, directed and acted. Not one of those movies where special effects dominates over everything else.

If you want to see a good movie then this is the one.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Water Deviner with Russell Crowe. A top movie, well written, directed and acted. Not one of those movies where special effects dominates over everything else.

If you want to see a good movie then this is the one.

Went & saw it last night. Best Rusty movie since Gladiator.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Imitation Game: very good. Despite being one of the most irritating actors i have seen, Keira Knightley wasn't diabolical dogshit. Benedict Cumberbatch was great.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw the shorts for the Water Diviner. Thats about as much Russell Crowe i can stomach.

Generalzod

Immortal
I loved all the Hobbit films, but that said the CGI looked terrible, I started watching the original Lord of the Ring films which were made 13 years ago even CGI looked so much better.

azzah72

Bench
Tusk,

Weird ass, tongue in cheek, kevin smith horror movie.

IF you like Ks movies and werid shit, you'll probably have a good time, if you don't then avoid.

I thought it was freaky great.

8/10

bileduct

Coach
Shattered Glass (2003) - a true story about journalist Stephen Glass who, as a writer for New Republic, Rolling Stone and George magazines, pretty much completely fabricated the majority of his stories. I thought it was pretty good, even though it had Hayden Chistensen playing the role of Glass. 7/10.

Pretty relevant now with Rolling Stone's current credibility issues.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Saw the Battle of the five armies yesterday, pretty good much better then the first two but not a patch on the lord of the rings trilogy.

Latest posts