What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

What name should Gold Coast Adopt?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat

• Kings

• Devils

• Rhinos

• Stingrays

• Total voters

weasel

First Grade
They could still use the Lions name if they wanted, all you need is some old fashioned ingenuity.

Gold Coast Sea Lions

I like it!!

DIEHARD

----
Sea Lions are friggin hemaphardites! Or bi sexual. They can change sex. Not a good mascot!

t-ba

Post Whore
Almsot as Relevant As Gladiators, who either had a Helmet or a Net as 'armour' most of the time...

Mark Rudd

Juniors
What about the Gold Coast Virgins?

Sponsered by Virgin Blue.

Or the Gold Coast 737-800's. Nice name. Nice planes too.

The Gold Coast Sea Hunters. With a angry agressive fish like a barracuda as it's mascot.

Or perhaps an ill-tempered mutated Sea Bass? Riiiiigggggttt................

Do I make you Horny? Do I make you randy baby?

carlnz

Bench
Gold Coast losers, cos thats what they will be like! They had their chance and they lost most of their games......give another NZ team a chance...they will do so much better than any other australian team!

IKnowIt

Juniors
McSharkie said:
A Rabbitoh was a guy who used to sell dead Rabbits from a murtle and cerise horse drawn cart during the depression, I think. I'm sure a Rabbitoh fan can help me out here. :?:

You're close to the mark.

At the start of the 20th Century when the club was playing Rugby (before League started in Australia in 1908), a number of players made money selling rabbits meat in the streets calling out "Rabbit-ohs" so people knew they were in the area. Rabbit's meat at the time was cheap and popular. The players would sell and carry the rabbits while wearing the clubs green jersey. The player's jerseys obviously had bloodstains on them, which they couldn't wash out (especially back then doing everything by hand). The club got stuck with the nickname "Rabbitohs" (it didn't officially become the clubs name until sometime in the 1940's or 1950's), the clubs colours also changed to Red and Green (officially Cardinal and Myrtle) sometime before 1900 because of blood on the jerseys.

The clubs logo is that of a white rabbit, but the club is named after the men that killed, ate, and sold dead rabbits.

DIEHARD

----
carlnz said:
Gold Coast losers, cos thats what they will be like! They had their chance and they lost most of their games......give another NZ team a chance...they will do so much better than any other australian team!

Piss off Kiwi, you are lucky to have ONE team. Two teams is only going to make the Warriors weaker. At least atm. A 2nd NZ team is in most peoples ideas of a perfect NRL but not for a few years yet. We need to look after our own backyard. No way you will get a 2nd NZ for years.

UP MIGHTY GOLD COAST!

Nuke

Staff member
I quite like the name Gold Coast Giants (I know it's already been used for a short time by a Gold Coast team).

2nd choice would be Gold Coast Stingrays ... or Stingers.

Kingytek

Juniors
Nuke said:
I quite like the name Gold Coast Giants (I know it's already been used for a short time by a Gold Coast team).

2nd choice would be Gold Coast Stingrays ... or Stingers.

Yeah I think I really like the idea of the Giants using the colours Gold, red and grey

Macca

Coach
IKnowIt said:
McSharkie said:
A Rabbitoh was a guy who used to sell dead Rabbits from a murtle and cerise horse drawn cart during the depression, I think. I'm sure a Rabbitoh fan can help me out here. :?:

At the start of the 20th Century when the club was playing Rugby (before League started in Australia in 1908), a number of players made money selling rabbits meat in the streets calling out "Rabbit-ohs" so people knew they were in the area. Rabbit's meat at the time was cheap and popular. The players would sell and carry the rabbits while wearing the clubs green jersey. The player's jerseys obviously had bloodstains on them, which they couldn't wash out (especially back then doing everything by hand). The club got stuck with the nickname "Rabbitohs" (it didn't officially become the clubs name until sometime in the 1940's or 1950's), the clubs colours also changed to Red and Green (officially Cardinal and Myrtle) sometime before 1900 because of blood on the jerseys.

The clubs logo is that of a white rabbit, but the club is named after the men that killed, ate, and sold dead rabbits.

Oh ok, that makes sense, I thought it was during the depression too. Thanks for the clarification.

Macca

Coach
IKnowIt said:
McSharkie said:

Oh ok, that makes sense, I thought it was during the depression too. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts