What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who believes that RL can be the number 1 sport in the world?

betcats

Referee
nope, far from it, hate Union too.

Good try? lol im not even attempting to troll, but just for you, Rugby League will be the most popular game in Australia and the world in 10 years time, and your mighty world famous, in NSW Dragons will be more popular then the Dallas Cowboys:lol:

It will be dead:lol:

It will not even be sick little lone dead.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Soccer is the world game , no doubt.
consider the number of players around the world , the number of countries where it is the #1 team sport , the real competition at International club level , at international country level. The real multiyear focus on World cup prelims and then the World cup.
As for NRL it is in arm wrestle with AFL for australia's #1 team game.
I will not debate this , may as well debate religion, i follow NRL .
As for australia future #1 sport , i believe Soccer will eventually claim that as well.
Why
1) more juniors play soccer than any other sport
2) the move to the Asia confederation continues to lift our participation in real world class competitions , be it International Club competitions and International Country competition that lead to Asia Conferation Cup and World Cup.
3) the A league improving at a steady pace and this year the games i have seen have been GREAT.
4) the A League and Asian confederation opportunities will result in more and more junior players staying in the game as players and followers. The best athletes will gravitate to this game , if they have not this already.
I enjoy Soccer at international level and club level . I enjoy NRL mainly because of my Souths passion.Frankly international NRL games are hard pressed to compete with Origin games. This really is a reflection on the poor standard/passion of international competition.

See thats the thing with league, apart from the side you follow i really dont give a shit about the game, the product isn't good enough to just watch any game, however i can watch endless games of college football, NFL and Premier league soccer even when my favourite side isn't even playing.

I think people really have this fixation that RL is just an amazing product, really it isn't, even Union is growing with what some would say is a less appealing product.

Hutty1986

Immortal

Good try? lol im not even attempting to troll, but just for you, Rugby League will be the most popular game in Australia and the world in 10 years time, and your mighty world famous, in NSW Dragons will be more popular then the Dallas Cowboys:lol:

Not sure I get your point champ, the Dragons represent St George/Illawarra.. should they be re-named the Australia Dragons so they're not just "in NSW?"

How will league be "dead" exactly?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Thing is I talk alot about mergers or hybrid sport i.e. what if League and Union become one again or what if League and Aussie Rules did become one back in the day.But one thing i can say about League and iam sure Union will copy in time is that League is the ultimate hybrid code as it took it's own sport of Union and tries to make it interesting and easier to understand and now I see bit's of Aussie Rules in the NRL with some very good marking on the last kick plus some drop goals.League can still absorb but AFL can not as can you suddenly imagine them introducing tries or a touch in there game.

I know I get bagged off but Iam hoping that the Union rule book will become League and then AFL can shut up.

BTW Ron your sport is truly shit and the big black dudes would wank them off daily if they knew that there is a game which involves passing and running with the ball.
http://youtu.be/mcOA213iIDs

Cliffhanger

Coach
Anybody who believes that Rugby League can become the number 1 sport in the world has absolutely no idea.

Loudstrat

Coach
HAHAHAHA- it will never be the number 1 sport in the country!!

But who gives a rats arse
I thought it was - in terms of crowds and TV viewers. Nothing beats it. I believe soccer, netball and fishing have bigger participation rates. I also believe if your IQ is below 50 you think AFL is bigger because Dimitriou says so.

Rugby League will never even be the most popular game in Australia little lone the world.

What a stupid thread:lol:

:lol:

I'll be shocked if it were still alive in 10 years:lol:
For a Dio fan that's a Beiber attitude. It already holds that title. And if you think it will be dead in a decade, you need to ask someone where you left your brain.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

The 7 dwarfs in the XXX snow white movie from 1983 have more credibility than old Ron at the moment.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I always thought Ron was ok, even though he loves Rush... who suck bowel...

EA im ok, but sometimes i get annoyed with league and the direction, and sometimes i voice it more then others.

I still hate union and the afl, that wont change, but with league i give up with what it has, but cant deliver.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I thought it was - in terms of crowds and TV viewers. Nothing beats it. I believe soccer, netball and fishing have bigger participation rates. I also believe if your IQ is below 50 you think AFL is bigger because Dimitriou says so.

For a Dio fan that's a Beiber attitude. It already holds that title. And if you think it will be dead in a decade, you need to ask someone where you left your brain.

seriously bee, rugby league is pissing me off royally at the monent, just the direction, and it has got to the 'i dont give a f**k' situation anymore. I dont hate league., never will, but i just look at it and think what couldvde been.

Parra will lways be in my blood, just sick of the shit.

Canard

Immortal
I watch a lot of English football(soccer) and quite enjoy it, but to say EVERY game of EPL is watchable?

There is a real "tone" to soccer that if teams deliberately play conservatively can making it really boring to watch for mine. Wheras even a so-called conservative team like St George or Melbourne are exciting to watch for a neutral.

Id take Souffs v Canterbury circa 2011 over Wigan v Sunderland or Blackburn v Swansea any day.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member

Hmmmm no mate, we are a long way behind the AFL in terms of crowds....

Eelectrica

Referee
Yes it could be number 1 in the world. It is up to RL fans to survive the next ice age/post nuclear age or zombie apocalypse!