What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is/isn't finals bound.

Kiki

First Grade
poor parra. so much talent...whats happened to them? i mean despite from being drastically overweight.

After tomorrow night when Marc Herbert stands up for the Raiders and says "hey Todd Carney you can chill for a minute, I got this"....we shall be finals bound. We gotta win by 15 points and we'll go past the Titties.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Losing to the Cowboys and losing by 12 to the Bulldogs.

That's pretty embarassing.

As I said, let's see how the rest of the year goes for you guys.

Embarrassing? No, not at all, this was before the Cowboys injury crisis and I openly admit the loss to the Dogs was one of our worst performances of the past 3 years

:lol: And us for us being "average"... Geez that makes the Titans, Roosters and Eagles look bad doesn't it nuff-nuff

_Johnsy

Referee
Massive game this week, probably wont live up to my expectations, but Knights v Parra, the loser can say goodbye for 2008. That will be Parra me thinks.

Manly V Penrith
Storm V Titans
Sharks v Dragons
Cowboys V Roosters
Rabbitohs V Warriors
Tigers V Bulldogs
Broncs V Raiders
Knights V Eels

Manly Sea Eagles30
Melbourne Storm28
Sydney Roosters28
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks28
Brisbane Broncos25
St George Illawarra Dragons24
Penrith Panthers23
Canberra Raiders22
Gold Coast Titans22
New Zealand Warriors22
Newcastle Knights20
Wests Tigers20
Parramatta Eels20
South Sydney Rabbitohs16
Canterbury Bulldogs14
North Queensland Cowboys10

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
My tips are:
Manly V Penrith
Storm V Titans
Sharks v Dragons
Cowboys V Roosters
Rabbitohs V Warriors
Tigers V Bulldogs
Broncs V Raiders
Knights V Eels

Rovelli

Bench
Panthers and Titans down by 20+ at the moment in their games.

Sharks/Dragons is a crunch game

Roosters should take care of business; so should us, but we'll have a tougher job

Tigers should beat the Dogs, but they aren't playing great.

Broncos/Raiders is a big game.

I can agree that the loser of the Knights/Eels match can almost say goodbye to 2008; four points outside the top-8 with a host of non-top-8 teams still ahead of them.

_Johnsy

Referee
Still no clearer, next weeks games should go some way to determining the 8.

Tips
DRAGONS V Tigers
MANLY V Storm
SHARKS v Rabbitohs
Bulldogs v COWBOYS
Warriors v BRONCOS
RAIDERS V Panthers
ROOSTERS V Eels
TITANS V Knights

_Johnsy

Referee
Knights win by 13+ tomorrow and we'll be in the 8.

Also we'll beat the Titans.

Jono

I was 50-50 on this game, could not decide. I think there will be no more than 4 in it, Titans season depends on this, and at home. Could well be game of the round.

Apey

Staff member
Yep if Knights win tomorrow we hit up the 8 and I think we'll have a good chance of knocking off the Titans... but who knows.

The Tax Man

Juniors
Storm
Eagles
Broncos
Roosters
Sharks
Tigers
Raiders
Dragons

This is the way I think it will finish. Broncos and Storm wont lose another game from here. Titans wont win any more, and the Panthers and Dragons will only win two.

miccle

Bench
Top 4 well and truly home and hosed.

Still an mathmatic chance of the Broncos not making the finals, but IMO it's more likely that they'd actually finish minor premiers! Will be there, but will need decent form and a bit of luck to crack the top four.

f**king great contest for 6th, 7th and 8th forming though. Think the Titans are pretty much out of it, but jeeez it's going to be tight with Parra, Newcastle, Tigers, Panthers, Raiders and Warriors battling it out. Can't wait!

_Johnsy

Referee
Top 4 well and truly home and hosed.

Still an mathmatic chance of the Broncos not making the finals, but IMO it's more likely that they'd actually finish minor premiers! Will be there, but will need decent form and a bit of luck to crack the top four.

f**king great contest for 6th, 7th and 8th forming though. Think the Titans are pretty much out of it, but jeeez it's going to be tight with Parra, Newcastle, Tigers, Panthers, Raiders and Warriors battling it out. Can't wait!
Agree 100%, essentially we will get some type of finals footy a couple of weeks before they actually start. Desperate teams usually make for some great footy.

Round 22 August 8 - 11
Bulldogs vs. Cowboys
Dragons vs. Wests Tigers
Raiders vs. Panthers
Roosters vs. Eels
Sea Eagles vs. Storm

Sharks vs. Rabbitohs
Titans vs. Knights
Warriors vs. Broncos

Round 23 August 15 – 18
Broncos vs. Dragons
Cowboys vs. Titans
Eels vs. Wests Tigers
Panthers vs. Bulldogs
Rabbitohs vs. Sea Eagles
Raiders vs. Knights
Storm vs. Roosters
Warriors vs. Sharks

Round 24 August 22 - 25
Bulldogs vs. Eels
Dragons vs. Warriors
Knights vs. Cowboys
Panthers vs. Storm
Rabbitohs vs. Raiders
Sharks vs. Roosters
Titans vs. Broncos

Wests Tigers vs. Sea Eagles

Round 25 August 29 – September 1
Bulldogs vs. Broncos
Cowboys vs. Raiders
Dragons vs. Eels
Knights vs. Storm

Roosters vs. Rabbitohs
Sea Eagles vs. Titans
Warriors vs. Panthers
Wests Tigers vs. Sharks

Round 26 September 5 – 8
Broncos vs. Knights
Eels vs. Warriors
Panthers vs. Sea Eagles

Raiders vs. Bulldogs
Roosters vs. Dragons
Sharks vs. Cowboys
Storm vs. Rabbitohs
Titans vs. Wests Tigers

Shorty

Staff member
Jono

I was 50-50 on this game, could not decide. I think there will be no more than 4 in it, Titans season depends on this, and at home. Could well be game of the round.
Agreed.
Skilled Park has been a fortress for the Titans and the fans won't be happy about them falling out of the 8.
The Tits haven't stopped trying all year,they've got their *ss kicked yes but the intensity is still there and if they get some of their stars back they'll be looking for a big one.
And the crowd will get right behind it.
Storm
Eagles
Broncos
Roosters
Sharks
Tigers
Raiders
Dragons
I agree with this,except I think Manly will get the minor premiership and I think Penrith will feature someone(probably instead of the Tigers).
Either way,whoever breaks away from the pack and gets into those lower 8 spots,is probably just making the numbers.
The intensity of the upper 8(with the exception of the Roosters) is just too different.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
please, keep writing us off. we're flying under the radar at the moment... which is just the way the club would want it.

this week against the tits will be a real test... but if we win, are people going to continue to death ride us?