What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

Evenflow

Bench
I was coming from the angle of why would you want to see cheaters prosper... but each to their own.

How dumb are you as a Dogs fan to make such a ridiculously stupid comment like that? If we went on to win the comp this year we'll do so after losing 10+ players as a result of the cap rorting, how many players did you lose after you went on to win the comp after your cheating? Didn't seem to worry you about cheats prospering then did it? Typical f**king hypocrite Timmy :lol:

As for who's going to win this year i honestly can't split the Storm, Stains and Manly. All 3 are clearly good enough to win it and and i can't see the winner coming outside the those 3. While you can't entirely write off the Bronco's i just think they'll need all things to go their way and a few things go against the other sides for them to take it out. That said with the young list they have and obvious talent i reckon they'll be challenging for a few years to come yet, even without Lockyer.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I think Manly's game will come unstuck against the Dragons, at least it did last time they played. Are the Storm playing the Dragons again before the finals?

grouch

First Grade
firechild still singing the same tune. As predictable as a Dragons victory over Manly

goosie

Juniors
warriors are the darkhorse. wouldnt under estimate them thats for sure! if they make the 8 then lookout.

firechild

First Grade
Yep it's a conspiracy.

Nah, not a conspiracy at all. Who would have expected NQ to be near the top and Manly were widely tipped to finish around 10th, Melbourne were a completely unknown quantity before the season. I never suggested it was planned to give St Merge any favours, it's just worked out that they have a very easy run and therefore the minor premiership holds less meaning.

firechild

First Grade
I think Manly's game will come unstuck against the Dragons, at least it did last time they played. Are the Storm playing the Dragons again before the finals?

Go back to 2008. Manly didn't come close to beating Melbourne during the seas (they played twice before the GF) yet they had absolutely no problem disposing of them in the grand final. The fact is manly were able to apply a lot of pressure on the Dragons so they are clearly not out of their depth, they will have some personell changes for the next meeting (most notably Hopoate back in the side) and no doubt the tactics will change. I'm not saying they will win but I don't think you can rule them out based on one game where they were hardly dominated.

Melbourne comfortably I reckon, they'll be out to prove the doubters wrong. Dragons a chance and Manly an outside chance.

Rest of the teams might as well start preparing for 2012.

firechild

First Grade
In what way were they dominated?

Posession: Manly 56% Dragqueens 44%
Completions: 29/35 for both teams
ARM: Manly 1333m Dragqueens 1343m
Offloads: Manly 15 Dragqueens 7
Kicks in play: Manly 22 Dragqueens 19
Errors: Manly 10 dragqueens 12

Overall it was a very evenly contested match. The Dragqueens should have had their first try disallowed for a knock on. The score could have been a lot closer, it got out to 18 points due to an intercept try against the run of play.