What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jenninga

First Grade
Did you expect Mary to take our side from spoon contendors to top 4 contenders is 9 weeks.
Look at the sides we have lost to Manly / Roosters / Penrith all top 4 sides.
I guess some people have unrealistic / unreasonable expectations.
Is Mary the answer I don't know but I will not write him off yet.

For us to be serious about being a good side we should be at least beating some of the top sides.We have no doubt improved under Mary,but can he get us up to the next level where we compete and beat top 4 sides.
The answer is no atm.

jenninga

First Grade
I believe a top notch coach(Brad Arthur) could have jagged either Manly or the Roosters , I was throwing my weight behind Mary, but now I'm not sure, I rather get Nathan Brown back I know that devil!

You still don't get it,Brown is not coming back to us.

Coffs dragon

Bench
This thread is getting monotonous and far too long. I think we all know who will be the coach after missing out on Bennet. Mary Mcgreggor meets all the essential criteria that Doust & Co look for....he's part of the old boys club & will come relatively cheap. Bingo !

blacksafake

First Grade
This thread is getting monotonous and far too long. I think we all know who will be the coach after missing out on Bennet. Mary Mcgreggor meets all the essential criteria that Doust & Co look for....he's part of the old boys club & will come relatively cheap. Bingo !
This ;-)

Cagey Mac

Bench
In the absence of better alternatives I'd be giving Mary a 12 month extension with a 2 year option in the club's favour.
Salary weighted to performance in 2015 and beyond.
Fair and Frank.
I think that Mary's involvement in SOO would also be an asset with negotiations of new signings of consequence.

possm

Coach
With respect Possm I seriously don't get the love for Tim Sheens. He destroys clubs and his record is nothing to gloat about.
Unless you are Tim ?? lol

The problems at the Tigers have very little to do with Sheens or Benji for that matter. You will note that the problems are still there and now Potter is in the frame.

I've been told that a few Board members were dealing directly with some key players in an effort to undermine Sheens. These people brought boardroom politics into the playing squad and both Benji and Sheens loadly objected. Sheen was sacked and not paid out and Benji left to play ra ra for a few months.

Along the way a few key players left the Tigers to join up with other Clubs.

Sheens has not destroyed any club and has been a very solid coach. His record as Australian coach speaks for itself.

I have no doubt he is our best available option for now and over the next two to three years.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
Just think ,we may have won 3 premierships in that period if we didn't have PRICE as a handbrake involved in the coaching staff. I'd say the side was successful then despite him, not because of any of his irrelevant input.

Yeah, ok.
Missed the point entirely.

ram raid

Bench
Taylor for sure. He's a great attacking coach and would go well with the current Dragons backlline.

Puff2010

Juniors
Coffs Dragon probably hit the nail on the head. Gut feel is, so long as Mary doesn't stuff up over the next dew weeks, the jobs is his.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
It's funny. Up here in north qld surrounded by broncos, they were expecting to flog us to make the eight in round 25. Now they are shitting a bit and say the dragons are the dangerous team to bundle them out and make it through into the finals. They are broncos fans mind you but beating those blokes is a big win for any saints fan up here or anywhere. A five game streak and you would have to hand the keys to Mary.

dino2170

Juniors
i dont know why you guys think mary is the coaching solution. he came from the price stable but you guys supported him until it was too late

Godz Illa

Coach
The Roosters didn't play well at all imo. Yet they still beat us reasonalby comfortably despite also missing SBW and a couple of others. To me it looked similar to the Manly game. We still haven't beaten any of the top sides with Mary in charge. There has been a bump in enthusiasm across the team since the coaching change occurred, but aside from that I'm not convinced that McGregor is that much of an improvement on Price.

Mr Red

First Grade
The Roosters didn't play well at all imo. Yet they still beat us reasonalby comfortably despite also missing SBW and a couple of others. To me it looked similar to the Manly game. We still haven't beaten any of the top sides with Mary in charge. There has been a bump in enthusiasm across the team since the coaching change occurred, but aside from that I'm not convinced that McGregor is that much of an improvement on Price.

+1
and you would hope the enthusiasm would increase during the honeymoon period with any new coach, irrespective of mary or someone else....

Latest posts