What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

mongoose

Coach
Pearce because he's a hafback, we already have a gun 5/8.

Comparing the 2 I think soward has a bit more natural flair and attacking instinct though. Pearce plays a bit like a robot sometimes.

sass

Juniors
You'd be in the minority....

shooshoosh don't stress I was kidding.

but anyone who signs carney is kidding themselves and/or gearing up to throw away money. especially with the nrl's attitude now he won't last a full season.

roosters won't win a premiership till they get some creativity in the halves but carney ain't gonna help.

Kiki

First Grade
he might provide that if he manages to stay out of trouble long enough to play an entire season. i think this is highly doubtful.

i love freddy but he's hardly the disciplinarian carney needs.

as for peace kicking to the right, its okay against sh*t teams like parra but the better teams arent gonna keep falling for it. that was my point.

sass

Juniors
LOL

That's everything Carney will provide on the field.

way to miss my point mate. I was saying we DO need creativity but there's no point signing carney to get it. if he can't manage to stay out of trouble in canberra, what chance do you give him in bondi?

lorrrrd.

OVP

Coach
as for peace kicking to the right, its okay against sh*t teams like parra but the better teams arent gonna keep falling for it. that was my point.

We were kicking to the left last night ... targeting Eric Grothe's wing with Shaun Kenny-Dowall jumping.

sass

Juniors
nah I just ignored it because whatever brad fittler did as a young un has nothing to do with what carney does or doesn't do. least as far as I'm concerned.

if carney reforms then I shall eat my hat.

Well, you're an idiot then. The whole point is, to a degree, Brad Fittler matured and reformed and if it were 2009 people like you would have been calling for his head and he would have been lost to the game.

sass

Juniors
bahah so I PERSONALLY would've robbed the game of one of its best five eighths?

I never ever said carney should be booted from the game, but you have to be blind not to see that with the media climate and the nrl attitude as it is now no league player is gonna be getting away with anything.

that's just fact. it's not my opinion on what players should or shouldn't be allowed to do.

and I just don't believe carney's gonna be able to do it.

how many times has he been in trouble and canberra covered it up and no one complained? in five years he's never ever been able to change his ways.

I'm just being practical. he's a waste of money. he's never gonna be the Saviour of the Chooks and that's coming from a chooks fan. sure he's good, but to save the chooks he'd have to stay on the field for a full season.

plus far as I know the trouble they got into is completely different. freddy got blind and turned up at a copshop and ... what else? far as I know there was no anti-social behaviour.

now. you gonna call me an idiot again? I think you are deadset kidding yourself. about carney and about pearce.

Last edited:

ledzep

Bench
This thread is a bit silly anyway.
Nothing wrong with Mitchell Pearce, he is still young and still learning...as is Soward.
It's good that both of these young guys are in the NRL.
I'm very happy that we have Soward, likewise I'm sure the Roosters are happy they have Pearce.
I'm still angry we let go of Soward :(

Latest posts