What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

smacky

Juniors
Its not good to write off any player and you always wanna give chances but geez carney has made it hard for himself. How many times does he wanna screw up and be an idiot. It makes it hard for any team to wanna take a chance on him

Kiki

First Grade
btw i dont think me or sassy is saying he isn't a great player...coz he is. and he could contribute enormously to a team if he can manage to stay out of trouble. but it seems unlikely that he can do that.

Jamie was only ever a kicker of the ball at Easts he has really improved his game at Saints and has developed into the player he could have been for us. I like Pearce and would keep him. Soward seems to be happy where he is. Just remember because you change clubs does not mean you get better. I'd take Pearce at the moment.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
bahah so I PERSONALLY would've robbed the game of one of its best five eighths?

I never ever said carney should be booted from the game, but you have to be blind not to see that with the media climate and the nrl attitude as it is now no league player is gonna be getting away with anything.

that's just fact. it's not my opinion on what players should or shouldn't be allowed to do.

and I just don't believe carney's gonna be able to do it.

how many times has he been in trouble and canberra covered it up and no one complained? in five years he's never ever been able to change his ways.

I'm just being practical. he's a waste of money. he's never gonna be the Saviour of the Chooks and that's coming from a chooks fan. sure he's good, but to save the chooks he'd have to stay on the field for a full season.

plus far as I know the trouble they got into is completely different. freddy got blind and turned up at a copshop and ... what else? far as I know there was no anti-social behaviour.

now. you gonna call me an idiot again? I think you are deadset kidding yourself. about carney and about pearce.

Well that may be because the media did not scrutinize players so badly back then, and not every decision they made was published in the papers. Not saying he did anything worse. Just saying the chances he did, and got away with it are quite high.

dragondad

First Grade
Jamie was only ever a kicker of the ball at Easts he has really improved his game at Saints and has developed into the player he could have been for us. I like Pearce and would keep him. Soward seems to be happy where he is. Just remember because you change clubs does not mean you get better. I'd take Pearce at the moment.

Well put.

sass

Juniors
Well that may be because the media did not scrutinize players so badly back then, and not every decision they made was published in the papers. Not saying he did anything worse. Just saying the chances he did, and got away with it are quite high.

totally agree. we don't know half of what a lot of players got involved in in the past and that's why I said fittler isn't really relevant. the environment players live in now is completely different. not that it's better or worse, that's just how it is.

adamkungl

Immortal
as for peace kicking to the right, its okay against sh*t teams like parra but the better teams arent gonna keep falling for it. that was my point.

We'll see if Dragons fall for it in a couple of weeks ;-)

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
totally agree. we don't know half of what a lot of players got involved in in the past and that's why I said fittler isn't really relevant. the environment players live in now is completely different. not that it's better or worse, that's just how it is.

Yup. Which is why I believe that Freddy would be the perfect mentor for Todd. He's been through it all before, can guide him through it. Plus he has kept Mason on the down low for the past season and a bit, and 3 years ago, who would have thought that's possible?

hardbaby

Coach
Pearce is a better defender, better organiser and has a superior passing game. Soward has a better kicking game, is faster, more unpredictable and is a pretty good goal kicker. Who is better? Well what style of 1/2 do you want? As a Dragons supporter I want Soward.

Didgi

Pearce > Thurston

I hope you are referring to Pearce senior, because Mitchell Pearce is not in the same galaxy as Johnathan Thurston. If it wasn't for a family name, Peaerce would be playing NSW cup at best.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Geohood

Bench
Pearce is the better allround player. Soward is a little nugget who like Sandow will have great games and look double the player Pearce is but over the whole season would probably fade in and out of good, consistent form.

Latest posts