What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

thommo4pm

Coach
i think you've said it well. pearce is 19 or 20 ffs. he's a good player now and will get much better. soward is crap, can't tackle and doesn't really offer anything in attack.

My god, you don't watch much footy do you?
:lol:

People who say Soward's defence is terrible really should get their head out of their backsides and watch sides other than their own if they want to make comments.

Soward's defence last night was excellent, had Folau run straight at him several times and took him...he smashed Karmichael Hunt one on one at one stage in the second half.....watch the games closely people before making stupid ill-informed comments. :crazy:

thommo4pm

Coach
This thread is a bit silly anyway.
Nothing wrong with Mitchell Pearce, he is still young and still learning...as is Soward.
It's good that both of these young guys are in the NRL.
I'm very happy that we have Soward, likewise I'm sure the Roosters are happy they have Pearce.

gregstar

Referee
whilst i agree bloward's defence is not his strong suit, have a go at the tackle he put on toupee last week.

toupee was virtually a metre or two from the line at the gallop & bloward stopped him in his tracks on his own - that's pretty snappy.

ByRd

First Grade
Soward easily, i honestly just dont rate Pearce. His running game isn't strong and he sometimes lacks vision. Only time he is consistent is with his kicks, he needs to improve alot more.

Pass and Pass, but would say Soward was good for the stains last night. I actually enjoy the circus show when takes kicks at goal. WTF is that?

Red Bear

Referee
Pearce is 19 compared with Soward who is 24. Big age difference between the two.

I still dont rate Soward all that highly, he just is not a playmaker, good long kicking game and quick but his passing game is pretty mediocre really.

I think Pearce will prove to be the better player.

TouchMyHappy

Juniors
I think if Pearce didn't have that last name he would not be in the NRL and certainly not have played origin already. Although you look at the Roosters halves post Fitler/Lamb and it's easy to see how he has his start.

I don't follow the Roosters or the Saints and I can only judge from what I've personally seen. Soward was hot and cold at the Roosters and understandably they let him go. While at the Saints, he started this year in not the best of touch, but has bounced back and last night played one of the best matches I've seen from him.

Pearce has some fine moments with his astute passing game, but to me it seems he relies on the Roosters game plan of kicking until the cows come home.

For mine, based on what I have seen of the two, neither of them should be in this years origin, but Soward is playing better football than Pearce.

Didgi

Soward is better than Pearce ATM, but Pearce willm eventually be a better player IMO.

sass

Juniors
there are good things about pearce ... I love his commitment to defence and I like his passing game but I'd take soward every day. he hasn't always been consistent but I'll take a creative and instinctive player in the halves any day. you can train someone to be disciplined but you can't teach them footy smarts.

sass

Juniors
I would rather have a losing team than carney in it kthanks.

ps HI JOSH LEWIS.

Latest posts