What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is perth bid so secretive?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe Perth fans won’t support any sport other than afl long term

all the evidence points to that

trust me bro isn’t a good argument
shall we ignore cricket and basketball? More like maybe sports fans wont spend their hard earned supporting clubs that are run sht in sports that have lost their way?

How's crowds in soccer and union doing in other cities?

Canard

Immortal
So the argument is trust me bro

if will be different this time (western reds failing)
This from the guy who says NRL will love living out of a suitcase every week, would prefer to live in Cairns then Sydney or Brisbane and Gov funding never never ends.

Wb1234

Immortal
That’s called expansion mate. Nobody can guarantee anything and the whole argument of well it failed once we shouldn’t try again is so moronic. If we all thought that then human history would be a whole lot different - we might be still living in caves probably.

I look at fumbleball and most other sports in this country and they seem to be able to have teams where the populations are. F*** me if they can manage it why we are so scared?

Also before you throw the whole Suns and Giants angle, I just listened to a podcast where Weidler argued that we should do expansion not because it is intrinsically the best choice but because it might stick it to fumbleball. Seriously, we are that worried about another code in an area where we are dominant. If that doesn’t show you who has the best model for expansion then I can’t help you.
Dots on a map isn’t for me

put clubs where the people want the game and players from the area want to play for their club

Colk

First Grade
Dots on a map isn’t for me

put clubs where the people want the game and players from the area want to play for their club

You put clubs where it is sustainable to put them. Corporates, population, high GDP.

You don’t put them in third world countries regardless of whether they like it or not.

Wb1234

Immortal
You put clubs where it is sustainable to put them. Corporates, population, high GDP.

You don’t put them in third world countries regardless of whether they like it or not.
So put it in a big city that has little interest in our sport and hope for the best

that’s working with western Sydney afl

Perth Red

Post Whore
Must be really depressing to be a rugby league fan and not have a belief that our great game can be taken up and enjoyed by people who currently dont have much exposure to it. I'm glad I'm more of an optimist when it comes to expansion.

Wb1234

Immortal
hope is for fools, planning is for success
Yeh a good PowerPoint presentation will get you a license

why are you quoting vlandys when it suits you ?
Must be really depressing to be a rugby league fan and not have a belief that our great game can be taken up and enjoyed by people who currently dont have much exposure to it. I'm glad I'm more of an optimist when it comes to expansion.
we’ve got better places to go too ahead of Perth

nz2 and Brisbane 3 are way ahead of Perth

if vlandys adds Perth ahead of them he’s making a massive mistake

Wb1234

Immortal
Wait

aren’t you the guy that said vlandys is wasting his time with America

lmao

so Perth yes
America no

Colk

First Grade
Lions are a basketcase and when they don’t make the finals their crowds are average

swans were broke before super league

we can see now how gws are doing without a super league to help them

Lions are a basketcase? Their average crowd is 27k since 1997. Besides maybe the Broncos (and that’s a maybe - I’d have to check it out) what NRL club is attracting that type of average crowd over that length of time.

The Swans were broke what 30 years ago? Completely different times. No club in either code is going to financially crash - a PNG side is a good chance without government funding but outside of that I don’t see it.