What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfman shaves beard and slobs down Watmough...

bartman

Immortal
Yep, before a referendum in the late 60s, Aboriginal people were still classes as part of the flora and fauna and not counted in the population numbers...

Still a long way to go with understanding and respecting our native culture and history imo. There's a good-looking 7 part doco screening on TV on Sunday and Tuesday nights starting tonight, called the First Australians. http://www.sbs.com.au/firstaustralians/about.html

But some people apparently think all of this stuff isn't important, or despise what they see as "special" treatment toward aboriginal people, who remain the section of our community most affected by health issues and socio-economic barriers.

Put it this way, every NZ child knows how to count to 10 in Te Reo Maori. Maori culture is quite a big part of the school curriculum in certain areas. It was huge in my schooling from 5-12, but I grew up in a very Maori/Polynesian area. It varies from place to place. We were even taught a lot about island culture at my school.

How many Australians can count to 10 in Kriol? I didn't know that about the voting rights of aboriginees. I knew about the whole lost generation thing, and i'm appalled by it. Vanessa Amarossi singing "absolutely everybody" at the 2000 Olympics made me want to vomit.

Sure you do.

I lived through a large part of the "lost generation thing" and I have no doubt you wouldn't know your earhole from your arsehole.

bartman

Immortal
Not sure if you are trying to say that people who didn't personally live through something that later came to public notice can't know about it EA? Sure there's obviously a difference, but fair go, BD seems on the right track.

I'm appalled by Hitler and his genocides, even though I obviously didn't live through it thankfully I and many other can still "know" about it, and the world hopefully learns from it etc...

Anyway, this is the link to the SBS series trailer - not sure if it's the full length of the 9min DVD preview that came with yesterdays' SMH, but the series definitely seems worth a look:
http://player.sbs.com.au/programs#/programs/sneakpeektv/series/playlist/First-Australians-/

Not sure if you are trying to say that people who didn't personally live through something that later came to public notice can't know about it EA? Sure there's obviously a difference, but fair go, BD seems on the right track.

I'm appalled by Hitler and his genocides, even though I obviously didn't live through it thankfully I and many other can still "know" about it, and the world hopefully learns from it etc...

Anyway, this is the link to the SBS series trailer - not sure if it's the full length of the 9min DVD preview that came with yesterdays' SMH, but the series definitely seems worth a look:
http://player.sbs.com.au/programs#/programs/sneakpeektv/series/playlist/First-Australians-/

No, it is a 12 year old girl who knows about hip hop and boy bands and that's about it.

I know what happened, I was there. It was sh*t for the people that mattered, the kids, but it wasn't just one side who deserved a kick in the arse for it.

I don't watch documentaries about it because the few I saw were totally biased.

You're talking about Hitler, there are people who think he was a good man simply because of what they've seen and read.

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
No, it is a 12 year old girl who knows about hip hop and boy bands and that's about it.

I know what happened, I was there. It was sh*t for the people that mattered, the kids, but it wasn't just one side who deserved a kick in the arse for it.

You're talking about Hitler, there are people who think he was a good man simply because of what they've seen and read.

There were also people there at the time that thought he was doing a good thing.

These people are commonly referred to as the Nazi's.

I think you'll find that just being alive while something was taking place doesn't automatically make you more of an authority on it than people that have read about it.

This is especially true if you are a moron (which you are) and your powers of observation are weak.

bartman

Immortal

Oh well. Didn't realise you were the only authority and hold the only valid opinion... :rolls:

if you feel so strongly you should go out and make your own documentary, rather than take pot shots from behind your keyboard at people who didn't have the chance to "be there" but are trying their best to learn about and from our history anyway.

Oh well. Didn't realise you were the only authority and hold the only valid opinion... :rolls:

Who said I was you f**king gimp?

But actually being in the middle of it means I probably know more about it than you or the 12 year old kiwi sheila, no matter what books you've read or docos you've seen.

if you feel so strongly you should go out and make your own documentary, rather than take pot shots from behind your keyboard at people who didn't have the chance to "be there" but are trying their best to learn about and from our history anyway.

Nah, I'll let the next generation handle it, they seem to know all about it...

I know you think I'm all for what happened, and you're welcome to think it.

Last edited:
There were also people there at the time that thought he was doing a good thing.

These people are commonly referred to as the Nazi's.

I think you'll find that just being alive while something was taking place doesn't automatically make you more of an authority on it than people that have read about it.

This is especially true if you are a moron (which you are) and your powers of observation are weak.

I know you've written something there and it probably means something to you.

But it doesn't to me and to anyone with a better than room temperature IQ.

bartman

Immortal
Who said I was you f**king gimp?
You did, in post #123.

But actually being in the middle of it means I probably know more about it than you or the 12 year old kiwi sheila, no matter what books you've read or docos you've seen.
Fair enough, but why not actually talk about what it is you know more about than having a dig at BD for trying the best anyone that wasn't there can?

Nah, I'll let the next generation handle it, they seem to know all about it...

I know you think I'm all for what happened, and you're welcome to think it.
Whatever, you're making no sense. I don't actually know what you think about it because you can't be bothered to type anything other than insults...

bartman

Immortal
I'm sure bartman spends most of his time in 4C, they like to think they're the intellctuals of LU.
Not really. I spend most of my time in the Parramatta Forum, then probably NRL, then 4C/ESL/International.

But keep your TFC style insults coming, instead of adding something to the discussion like the poster you took issue was actually doing...

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
It appears EA is one of the country's pre eminent authorities on the Stolen Generation.

As someone who sat in Cabinet meetings when these policies were being debated, he has an isight into the issue that only a select few possess.

I would suggest the main reason no doco has adequately examined the topic is because they have all failed to consult one our leading thinkers on the issue in EA.

bartman

Immortal
what the hell has any of this got to do with the topic?
I think it kind of took a turn, when saying that if more players came out as gay or just kissed their teammates like Williams did to Watmough, perhaps just one for every club, then it would be like when Midnight Oil released their album of songs largely about aboriginal rights and it caused some of their ardent fans (who happened to be racist) to take a good look at themselves as they sang along to words expressing a point of view they had disagreed with?

I thought tonights doco was very good by the way. Next six parts on Tuesdays and Sundays at 8:30 SBS. Very balanced, don't you think EA? Oh that's right, you don't need to watch docos...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
My mates always kiss me on the cheek when they're pissed, they sometimes grope my arse, scary sometimes, makes me feel uncomfortable as they always call me sexy, they never seem to wanna go out like myself and pick up, yet stay at the pub and just drink.

Oh, and Of Russian Heritage and Ukrainian, kiss on the cheek is common.

bartman

Immortal
My mates always kiss me on the cheek when they're pissed, they sometimes grope my arse, scary sometimes, makes me feel uncomfortable as they always call me sexy
That's because you are a hunka hunka burning love RJ
*kisses cheek* *gropes arse* :lol:

Latest posts