What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HevyDevy

Coach
Still, there is too much pressure on Torres to score because noone else can.

I didn't watch the game because was unconcsious and now I'm hungover but I didn't really need to - I know what a Liverpool game is. I can only picture Kuyt wasting chances and the midfield achieving little.

Dutchy

Immortal
You forgot the 37 aimless passes from the red haired gumby that plays on the left hevy

Red Bear

Referee
yeah we're f**ked
3 points off 4th with a game in hand like that matters with our current form. Its been over a month since a win in the league. For the calibre of some of our player we are playing fecking attrociously.

HevyDevy

Coach
I don't recall ever visiting the Everton thread (is there even an Everton thread?)

Have better things to do with my time. But yes, my team is very, very frustrating.

And Riise is useless. Scores one cracking goal a season and somehow keeps his spot because of it. Defensively he is non-existent.

Dutchy

Immortal
Not enough of us on these boards to start a thread of our own.

Every1 supports the big brothers :fist:

Foz

Bench
Riise didnt play today but left back is a position we need to strengthen.

That Torres booking was a joke.
Neill fouled him twice but it was pretty obvious Torres got booked for mouthing the ref.
Heres a case where a referees mistake has directly caused the booking.If he had awarded the free kick no problem.
This problem happens all too often in the Premier League.
Why doesnt someone offer that bald headed Italian guy a motza to come out of retirement and referee in the Premier League and he can bring a few mates?
Its not just the men in the middle that make plenty of mistakes though.Even the sideline cops make plenty of errors.(they were pretty good today in this game).

Ridders

Coach
Foz said:
Neill fouled him twice but it was pretty obvious Torres got booked for mouthing the ref.

At least its good to see that his English is coming along well.

Mong

Post Whore
Foz said:
Riise didnt play today but left back is a position we need to strengthen.

That Torres booking was a joke.
Heres a case where a referees mistake has directly caused the booking.If he had awarded the free kick no problem.
This problem happens all too often in the Premier League.
Why doesnt someone offer that bald headed Italian guy a motza to come out of retirement and referee in the Premier League and he can bring a few mates?
Its not just the men in the middle that make plenty of mistakes though.Even the sideline cops make plenty of errors.(they were pretty good today in this game).

Players get away with to much when it comes to abusing the officials. Torres should have been booked as any player should for carrying on...

Mong

Post Whore
The Liverpool fans were singing his name during the game, they obviously still have/had faith in him..

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mong said:
Players get away with to much when it comes to abusing the officials. Torres should have been booked as any player should for carrying on...

Spud-Head Rooney is far-and-away the worst offender in the Premiership. He's a petulant child...

Foz

Bench
Ridders said:
At least its good to see that his English is coming along well.

Must speak better English than the West Ham player that went off about a goal kick being awarded instead of a corner.(Was it Cole or the guy they got from Fulham?);-)

In all seriousnees the Liverpool players get fined for not speaking English in the change room.
They used to have a league of nations in there where the different nationalities all sat with each other in the change room.
Still have huge doubts over Torres' English capabilities though.
Just watch what he does when he gets pinged for offside.
He'll get booked for that one day and he'll pick up the language pretty quick.

Foz

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
he's been given the full support of the board. won't take too long

Depends on which lunatics are running the asylum unfortunately.

Ridders

Coach
Pretty decent 3-0 win over Sunderland, although wasn't a performance that would enstil alot of confidence in Livo supporters. First half was terrible, passes just weren't sticking. Eventually Liverpool got it somewhat right in the second half, good goals from torres and crouch.

To me Crouch should always be picked ahead of Kuyt simply because of the value he has as a target man, he seemed to be the centre point of alot of Livo's moves and is a good player who Torres can play around.

Foz

Bench
Just a pass effort this morning against Sunderland.
Only had the odd chance in the first half and went in at 0-0.
Played pretty well for the first half hour after half time when Crouch scored with a header and Torres with one of his runaways and a smashing shot.
Sunderland then started to play football and should have been rewarded with 2 penalties but both were denied by referee Rob Styles.They were within a couple of minutes of each other and reality is if they got one the other probably wouldnt of eventuated but no denying we got a couple of good decisions here.
To rub salt ito the Sutherland wounds Gerrard converted a penalty in the last minute.(he was hobbling around a bit prior to this-hope hes ok).
3-0 was very flattering but we were the better side.
Shots on 12-3
Shots off 3-3
Corners 4-1Free kicks 10-7
Possession 55-45.

Kewell didnt play nor Alonso,Riisse and Agger etc
Carra played right back with Hypia and Skrtel in the middle.
Crouch started up front with Torres.
Pennant started Benayoun and Kuyt came on as replacements as did Finnan.

fat_mike

Juniors
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will allow £15m-rated midfielder Xabi Alonso to return to Spain in the summer, while John Arne Riise, Peter Crouch, Harry Kewell and Andriy Voronin will also leave Anfield. (News of the World)

some good news there, shame about Xabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.