What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
Really?

Tbh I thought the first half was garbage while things picked up in the 2nd, especially after the Torres goal.

Each to his own though.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Whoo! Great, exciting win. Got a bit worried when we didn't score in the first half with those opportunities, but a deserving win.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol. I just found the first half very tight & tense, & an amazing pace. The 2nd half was obviously more pleasing with the goals though.

Ridders

Coach
Fair enough, that makes sense.

2nd half was far more pleasing to me for a couple of reasons......

........Ok, only one reason :)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Very lucky Rooney was offisde in the first 5 minutes. If he was onside he still would have scored IMO.

loled when I seen a ball in the ingoal again.

Ridders

Coach
United fans throwing various balloons and beach balls on the field during a Liverpool corner got a chuckle out of me.

Red Bear

Referee
:)Good game that one
Lucas played well which is suprising but also good to see, because you can never fault his effort, he is just rarely any good.

Supurb finishes for both goals

Carragher imense at the back - no coincidence his form has improved since he's been next to Agger at the back, the CarrAgger partnership was supurb before Agger's injury troubles and is our first choice centre back pairing again. Carra and Skrtel are just far too similar players

Nice to see Torres school Ferdinand again, and Vidics 3rd red card in a row against us.

Other good thing was that, bar Chelsea, evey team above us dropped points:)

lolesi

First Grade
great win.

we played very well, passing was very slick, we looked confident and they seemed to really believe that they could win.

yossi is such a valuable asset to the team, he is a great player.

pantherz9103

First Grade
For a team in rotten form, low on confidence, Rafa has done a great job getting his squad ready not just to win that game, but comprehensively outclass the Mancs all over the pitch.

Torres did what he does best with the goal but most impressive were Lucas, Mascherano (bar the red card) and Yossi who stood up in Gerrard's absence.

P.S. Vidic's 3rd straight red card in this fixture :lol:

lolesi

First Grade
great win.

we played very well, passing was very slick, we looked confident and they seemed to really believe that they could win.

yossi is such a valuable asset to the team, he is a great player.

Knightmare

Coach
Funny thing was after Torres scored that first goal it was a delayed reaction from me. I saw the net wobble but thought it'd struck the side of goal. It wasn't until I saw the crowd leap up and Fernando pumping his fists that I realised it'd gone in.

Then when Rafa subbed him for Ngog at 80 minutes I had my hands in my face going "Rafa, what the F**k are you doing? We're only up by 1 and you're subbing Torres for NGOG! Didn't you learn anything last season?" Then Ngog went and scored the goal that sealed the 3 points up. :lol:

shiznit

Coach
well done boys.... i thought you guys totally dominated us. fair result.

a bit annoyed.... i was hoping we could crush your title hopes this morning. thats good character from your blokes.

Great game to watch.

Soundly beat the Manks and hopefully kick-started some of the players in the squad.

Not too happy with the finishing from the support acts Yossi, Kuyt and Lucas there was a couple of times they should have pulled the trigger but looked to play the other man in and ended up caught on the ball. Aurelio should have buried that header and his free was near perfect. The Flying Dutchman made a brilliant save to keep it out.

TBH when Gerrard is fit I'd bench Kuyt. The reason is the Aurelio/Insua partnership looks like it could be the answer down the left side defense. And we need to keep Yossi on the field, he and Gerrard are our two most creative players.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Did I see it right on the news that the Kop tossed a whole bunch of beachballs on the pitch pre-game? Bloody funny sh*t if they did.

I haven't seen the game, and I will be deleting it unwatched from IQ, but hats off to you blokes. Our form ahsn't been crash hot, but yours has been up the sh*tter, and you turnedit around big time in a big game. Well done. Enjoy your third straight win. Bastards! :p

Ridders

Coach
I remember seeing United fans throwing various balloons and beach balls on the field at the end where Liverpool taking a corner.

I lolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts