What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube remove NRL videos

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Heh.

Tri Nations stuff is screwed too. The video i filmed from the stands of the Kiwis running onto the field at Mt Smart got deleted.

Piss weak National Rugby League Partnership, piss weak.

adamkungl

Immortal
Is there anywhere on the net where NRL videos can be found, other than BigPond video (which never seems to want to work for me)? I've been trying to find the Roosters Broncos semi final of 2002, I remember that being a brilliant game

adamkungl

Immortal
Did i say legally? Being a mod though I'm guessing it will look bad if you were to tell me the whereabouts of such things, assuming they are available somewhere on the net.

melon....

Coach
drake said:
Here's my diatribe submitted to the above website.
"Dear Mr Gallop and NRL legal staff,

Whilst I understand that you feel you own the Intellectual Property of Rugby League, regardless of the fact that the game existed a long time before the NRL was created, the removal of these snippets of Rugby League geatness has only hurt the game, and seemingly more importantly, your own possible revenues.

The fact that people from any corner of the globe may have stumbled across some highlights of hard, skillful and brilliant play may have lead to real international interest. Obviously, from this shortsighted and greedy decision, the sheer numbers of people that visit youtube daily and the possible exposure to international sportsfans has eluded you.

No longer can avid sports fans in the US (and let's face it, they're the ones you want) click on a video, wondering what the hell a rugby league is, and see a game that makes gridiron look like ballet dancers in crash helmets having a tea party.

Good job guys! You own our game now! You've done a bang up job of slowly choking the game to a select group of corporate entities, solely designed to keep sponsors able to advertise to their target audiences.

Too bad none of the companies I see listed below (Telstra, Carlton, Harvey Norman et al) want their products sold overseas."
Yeah nice...but in the end money talks bullsh*t walks, and Gallop doesnt give a ferk about what fans think. Neither does big business....every now and then they do something to "align" themselves with the punter and keep him at bay, or continue sucking him in. You want to make a statement? Hit him where it hurts...gate takings. Dont go to NRL nothing show money spinners like Origin...just watch it at home.

THey only listen to cash.

cainen

Juniors
melon.... said:
Yeah nice...but in the end money talks bullsh*t walks, and Gallop doesnt give a ferk about what fans think. Neither does big business....every now and then they do something to "align" themselves with the punter and keep him at bay, or continue sucking him in. You want to make a statement? Hit him where it hurts...gate takings. Dont go to NRL nothing show money spinners like Origin...just watch it at home.

THey only listen to cash.

Of course, but the stupidest thing about this decision is that it will cost the NRL, not save or make them anymore cash.

melon....

Coach
cainen said:
Of course, but the stupidest thing about this decision is that it will cost the NRL, not save or make them anymore cash.
Let it cost them....let the press bail them out. Screw the NRL

fourplay

Juniors
There is an NFL vs rugby thread on a big international forum atm and I just went to youtube to stake the case for NRL and expose it to Americans and others... and guess what

Awen Guttenbeils massive COP THAT hit on the roosters player has been deleted....so its pointless.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21294112-23769,00.html

NBA signs with YouTube

From correspondents in New York
February 27, 2007

TAKING steps to protect Internet downloading of its video highlights, the National Basketball Association signed a deal with YouTube today (AEDT) giving it the option to remove video from the site.

The league will also have a new area on YouTube, the NBA channel, where fans can access original content and submit their own basketball video clips as well as rate those of other people in a program calld "Post Up the NBA".

The NBA becomes the latest US sport league to join YouTube's "Claim Your Content" program, a content indentification and reporting system that allows the NBA to identify its copyrighted content on the sites of others.

If other sites are generating profit from NBA highlights, it can opt to share in the income.

The league will have the option to have the image struck from YouTube.

Google, which bought YouTube in November in a $US1.65 billion ($2.08 billion) deal, is conducting a test to syndicate NBA action video clips over its AdSense network.

"By delivering a wide array of programming to YouTube, the NBA will be able to connect with its existing worldwide fan base and reach a vast new audience that is passionate about basketball," said YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley.

The NBA will post selected video highlights and behind-the-scenes footage from its NBA.com site on its YouTube area.

"YouTube's popularity and wide-reaching community of users provides the NBA with another unique way to reach our fans," said NBA commissioner David Stern.

"NBA fans will be able to interact and share their passion for the game by posting their best moves."

Agence France-Presse

the NRL should do this kind of thing

RABK

Referee
All of my NRL related videos were removed...mostly tributes and highlight packages. I would have no problem for this except that i basically promote the NRL and rugby league in numerous ways in my movies or clips.

To be honest 90% of the fan made tributes are twice as good as any of the ones that any NRL or channel 9 employee makes and that's using sh*t quality fox sports clips.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
thankfully they left the luke covell video up. they know a good video when they see one.

rbk i liked ur buderus video to my sacrifice, shame that got taken

Shorty

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
thankfully they left the luke covell video up. they know a good video when they see one.

rbk i liked ur buderus video to my sacrifice, shame that got taken
Maybe there's a reason they left it on there:sarcasm::lol:

Latest posts