What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The Newcastle Knights are interested in bringing Leeds Rhinos utility Joel Moon back to the NRL for the 2019 season.

Moon played for the Brisbane Broncos and the New Zealand Warriors from 2006 to 2011.

For the past six and a half seasons he has been playing in England in Super League.

Now the Queenslander, who is off-contract, is keen to return to home.

Inside Sport understands Moon's management have held discussions with the Knights.

The 29-year-old can play in the centres and the halves.

An Australian Schoolboy in 2005, he played for the Indigenous All Stars in 2011.

Moon has scored 105 tries in 250 games in both the NRL and Super League.

https://www.insidesport.com.au/news/newcastle-keen-on-moon-490626

Haven't watched him for a long time but he was just ok back in his NRL days. Sounds like he has been playing 5/8, but would make more sense if we are getting him as a centre option.

Not too sure how reliable the rag is either

Granted it's been a long time since he played in the NRL but I remember him being solid but not outstanding. I'd be in favour of bringing him here if it was on minimal coin. Our centre depth still isn't great next year even with Ramien coming and there aren't too many really good centres on the market right now so we may need to take what we can get at this stage.

PhilGould

Bench

He won Leeds Rhinos' Player of the Year in 2017 for what that's worth. We could use all the depth we can get at left centre and from memory he can fill in at 5/8 or even backrow at a pinch. I imagine he'd be pretty cheap too.

Old dog

Juniors

He won Leeds Rhinos' Player of the Year in 2017 for what that's worth. We could use all the depth we can get at left centre and from memory he can fill in at 5/8 or even backrow at a pinch. I imagine he'd be pretty cheap too.
That highlight reel showed he can play, tackles ok, scores and sets up, looks a reasonable size, know highlight reels can be misleading, but for little money he could be very handy

Choppy182

Juniors
Wallace would be an awesome signing. At 26 is in his prime and has a good amount of experience. He's got a decent engine on him and would work well should they reduce interchange. I like Boyd but would be a liability if they reduce interchanges

Titans can have Boyd and pay him the 700k. I'd take Wallace any day of the week with the exact reasons you mentioned.

Noname36

First Grade
Granted it's been a long time since he played in the NRL but I remember him being solid but not outstanding. I'd be in favour of bringing him here if it was on minimal coin. Our centre depth still isn't great next year even with Ramien coming and there aren't too many really good centres on the market right now so we may need to take what we can get at this stage.

Since it looks like we’re re-signing Sione and already have Ramien coming and Ross and Moga under contract I feel Moon is being looked at as depth only for centre and 5/8.

Unfortunately there’s a real lack of quality centres at the moment, especially off contract. I actually feel we’ve probably already got the best available with Ramien.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not so fussed about Wallace,honest vanilla toiler if you ask me.

If the rumors around Klemmer and the doggies are true I'd make an offer for him. We need fire and brimstone.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Hopefully we don't go in too hard on Boyd as a result of missing Wallace. Not that keen on him in general, and if the interchange is reduced he'll be a lemon.
big man pea heart. I agree with all the talk of the interchange his type will be redundant

Haffa

A trip to Newy milked 2.8 over 4 seasons out of the GC. An extra 50k a year on top of the previous offer. Well done to him.