What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Raiders - Post Game Chat

Djay

Juniors
16-0 down, not at home and we came away with a win, you wouldn't read about it.

I thought in the first half especially they were winning the battle for field position and the play the ball, which in turn was why we were so bad. Our completion rate was pretty ordinary aswell and that never helps.

But the last couple minutes of the 1st half we had a huge defensive set in they're own red zone and we got the ball back from inside they're half, and we capitalised straight away.

If we gave ourselves a chance more by not letting them roll up field so easily and win the battle of field position we have more then enough class to punish sides.

I thought the second half we entered the grind and did well, Canberra certainly aided us especially Jack Wighton, who is severely over rated. But we hung in there, showed some character and ended up running away with it.

I'll take it no doubt but still some worrying signs especially how easily teams roll up field on us, that really needs to be rectified. In turn we lose the battle for field position and e are always backs against the wall, as soon as we stopped that we showed we can compete.

But 16-0 down and to come back and beat Canberra, not at home is pretty massive and shows that the team does have some grit and character.

Thought the bench made a difference, Moeroa and Gower were good, Brown was rusty but he will be so much better for it and still has that class that I think will come to the floor very soon. He showed in the first half with a nice grubber for a repeat set more then what our other 6s this year have.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
100% of the copies of this book are in the $2 bin.

stuff-you-may-have-missed.jpg

Finally got to watch the game at 11 last night. I did know the score so it took the pressure off.
God we were ordinary most of the first half. The second half was improved but the Faiders were terrible.
You cant do more than win I guess.
How bad did we look trying to set up for that field goal? Just no idea at all.
We won. I do like it when we win. I cant believe we won without me watching. Another first.
Fergo had his rib protection on again.
Salmon was limping.
Nrown didnt look healthy.
Drown was as rusty as an old gate.
Sivo got hurt in every tackle.
Taka was Taka.
Go you mighty Eels.
If we manged to win under those conditions, there might be hope for us yet.

Kornstar

Coach
Showed us why religion is a crock full of shit!

I thought logic did that?

I sat in a church last night for a friend's kid's communion.......every time i go to a church i try and figure out what it is that people are attracted to.

The kid is obviously doing the communion cause the parents need them to so they can easily go to the high school but i wonder if you aren't forced to go there why the f**k would you be there?

The music is terrible, the musicians are worse and the message is confusing.

So the bible was translated from "real" events and stuff but we can't translate again in more modern terms and have them talk sense?

Luke 2:35 "and Luke said to Jesus tear unto that flesh and make it whole so those that cannot will (obviously not actual quote)".

Speak f**king sense, merkins!!!

Oh and go the Eels......i was at the Ettamogah watching the game after the communion and f**k i was pissed off and embarrassed with what we dished up in that first half.

Then of course we come back and make me look worse than the f**king team!!

If we can beat the Tigers next game i think it will be hard for us not to make the 8.......just my opinion of course.

I sat in a church last night for a friend's kid's communion.......every time i go to a church i try and figure out what it is that people are attracted to.

The kid is obviously doing the communion cause the parents need them to so they can easily go to the high school but i wonder if you aren't forced to go there why the f**k would you be there?

So the bible was translated from "real" events and stuff but we can't translate again in more modern terms and have them talk sense?

Luke 2:35 "and Luke said to Jesus tear unto that flesh and make it whole so those that cannot will (obviously not actual quote)".

Oh and go the Eels......i was at the Ettamogah watching the game after the communion and f**k i was pissed off and embarrassed with what we dished up in that first half.

If we can beat the Tigers next game i think it will be hard for us not to make the 8.......just my opinion of course.
I'd love to add to all that but if I did, I'd be wasting my time as it would be nuked, post haste.
Why am I even commenting in this thread? I don't comment in this stupid thread.....whooosh.

amitropo

Juniors
Started on page 6 of the game day thread.
Some of the funniest shit was said prior to the turn around just before half time.
Deathriders turned lovers. Couldn’t stop laughing knowing the final score.
You should revisit it.
We are a unique fan breed.
Love it :heart_eyes:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Luke must have had a dozen schooners.

strider

Post Whore

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That was definitely an important win, against a top side and we've got the bye next week.

Its a complete change from 2018. At 16-0 down last year we would've thrown in the towel but last night we never gave up, gutsed it out. This side has improved a lot.

Look I will say it wasn't pretty, we could've been down by more but some good defensive plays kept us in the game and finally realising you don't have to score off every tackle, just the simple go forward, 10-15m hit ups then go for the big play.

The bench was great with Gower and Moeroa making good yards, then Moses running it.

So good to have D Brown back. Might not be 100% but will be better in the next game.

Looking forward to the next game against the Tigers.