What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Knights GAME DAY THREAD 6/6/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our fullback and hooker are clearly Origin level
Being at the level (I disagree on Gutherson though) is no substitute for gaining the experience of actually playing in those games.
and Moses is being paid more than the half back at least at the Storm, Souths and the Roosters.
I'm sure Reynolds is on as much as Moses, at least this year. The other two halfbacks don't do all their kicking.

I still don’t understand why the Coach has Nathan Brown at first and second receiver at different stages attacking the line. He stifles the attack. Wouldn’t you want your expensive half and 5/8 with their hands on the ball? FMD

I must admit I was surprised to read that the count was that high.

yeah I don’t know if they are counting beating a tackle as they dive over the fry line, that’s not a genuine line beak for me. We are struggling and we were lucky we were up against a shit side today. The Knights were woeful

Gazzamatta

Coach
How good was Laney and Dyl. Fantastic games.
Rheed spectacular. Fu*k QLD.
Gutho. Back to his best.
Sivo and Dunster good.
Waqa gets more opportunities on our left. Clever move. Assumed it was a defensive swap but probably more an attacking move. Good one BA.
Oppy solid.
RCG and Ice very good.
Matto better.
Nrown did his job.
Ordinary opposition and a bit untidy the last 10 but being Old Boys Day and a huge Knights crowd, I'm pretty pleased.
Bring on the Tigpies. Scooeys at Sterlos then 2 grades. I can't wait.

Chipmunk

Coach
Wonder when was the last time a 5/8th ran 22 times for over 220m?

Top the run metres for the match.

0 Line Breaks, 1 Line Breaks Assist, 0 Tries, 0 Try Assists.

What is his actual role in the team, make tackles and dummy and go yourself all the time? Niukore could do the same role if needed.

Tooooks

Bench
We’re the third best attacking team yet we have so much untapped potential. Our shift to the left and give it to Sivo works fine against the shit teams but we struggle against decent defensive units.

Gronk

Staff member
f**k me we are shit. Shit attack, shit defense,.shit coach, shit assistant coach,.shit goal kickers. The list goes on. Everyone knows we are shit and we will be flogged in all of the games against the big teams because we are shit and they are not. Really shits me.
1622969607685.jpeg

TheParraboy

Staff member

One way to look at it, we would most likely have him out 2 , maybe 3 games if he was playing origin

We should get the money next couple of weeks without him, Tigers and Dogs

We then got Penrith and the bye

Hope Reed back after that raring to go, maybe back for the Riff game

Eelogical

Referee
One way to look at it, we would most likely have him out 2 , maybe 3 games if he was playing origin

We should get the money next couple of weeks without him, Tigers and Dogs

We then got Penrith and the bye

Hope Reed back after that raring to go, maybe back for the Riff game
On the bright side, he'll get a well earned break.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Unless we deliver more options in attack than individual brilliance, our defence isn't strong enough to save us.

If we've got the individual brilliance to score the tries we do, then we should have the individuals to score tries from set structures.

Until that comes, disappointment in Finals will continue.

It's no longer a playing talent issue why we shouldn't be close to winning the comp, it's all about continuing to play poorly as a team, which in many respects is the opposite problem to the Panthers.

If we don't win Finals matches with this squad, it's poor coaching, not a lack of talent.

Yet the score's on the board, we have scored the third most points, and more than the Rabbits and Roosters, who's attack is apparently better than ours.

Our spine is the weakest part of our team. Why wouldn't we struggle to score from shape?

No and Yes, our spine plays well when playing heads up, and is a tad clunky on set plays. I don't really give two f**ks how we score, all I care about is that we do.
Wonder when was the last time a 5/8th ran 22 times for over 220m?
Had a real solid game, I'm damn sure he is coached to run first.

84 Baby

Referee
You were saying mate? The Knights were always going to be up against it.
And? Yes they should’ve always struggled to score points but their defence was pedestrian, and while I thought we ran with better shapes, that lack of opposed effort won’t help us in preparing for when that effort is there. These 2 points aren’t much better than the ones we took off Broncos or Dogs. Still happy with the win