What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Knights GAME DAY THREAD 6/6/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
One way to look at it, we would most likely have him out 2 , maybe 3 games if he was playing origin

We should get the money next couple of weeks without him, Tigers and Dogs

We then got Penrith and the bye

Hope Reed back after that raring to go, maybe back for the Riff game
He missed our game against Penrith last year as well.

Soto

Bench
Happy with the win but still our right side defence was the same structure and looked short a number of occasions. A better attacking team will expose us.
Our right side attack is horrible. We always look like we are running out of space. This needs to be fixed up asap as teams will number up on Sivo if we keep try scoring down our left.
Happy to see Waqa have a cracking attacking game. Adds further weight to my point about our right side attack..Waqa has not had such a great attacking game like today since his time at the panfers. He needs early ball. When he is motoring he is dangerous and a handful.
My 3 best today were Waqa, Lane and Guth.
Honourable mentions to Sivo, DBrown and Matto

Gronk

Staff member
The Knights game. If we were laying South’s, Penrith or Melbourne today we would have been beaten easily. Newcastle were that bad. Even BA wasn’t happy with the game in the presser.
We’re still top 4 and we have a heap of improvement left in us. So as much as we have to improve a great deal to be a contender, we are 10/3 for the season and are +148 after a tough draw at the halfway mark.

That’s the glass half full version. ✅

Gronk

Staff member
Happy with the win but still our right side defence was the same structure and looked short a number of occasions. A better attacking team will expose us.
Our right side attack is horrible. We always look like we are running out of space. This needs to be fixed up asap as teams will number up on Sivo if we keep try scoring down our left.
Happy to see Waqa have a cracking attacking game. Adds further weight to my point about our right side attack..Waqa has not had such a great attacking game like today since his time at the panfers. He needs early ball. When he is motoring he is dangerous and a handful.
My 3 best today were Waqa, Lane and Guth.
Honourable mentions to Sivo, DBrown and Matto
Meanwhile Nrown and Papa were a little down in intensity. Good that others stood up and took the lead.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Will that matter come Finals time?

We won't beat Panthers and Storm with the attack we've got, and we're unlikely to have the attack to score enough points against Souths who will put high 30s minimum on our defence. I'd argue the Roosters with whatever team takes the field against us in a Finals match will be too good for us.

We need to have more options in attack...we've been relying on individual brilliance for too long in attack and it's taken us nowhere in Finals.

We'll see I guess.

For now though, we are scoring at a rate better than all but two teams, so our attack must be half decent, otherwise, well, we'd have scored less.

Oh, and it's objectively false to state we won't beat the Storm with the attack we have, because you know, we have.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Happy with the win but still our right side defence was the same structure and looked short a number of occasions.
Both our edges are usually short because we compress so much in the middle. But the right side tends to cop all the traffic because most teams attack better on their left. So the problem isn't our right side defence, that's just where it breaks when we're put under enough pressure.

It's like how Sivo scoring most of our tries doesn't mean he is our best player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We'll see I guess.

For now though, we are scoring at a rate better than all but two teams, so our attack must be half decent, otherwise, well, we'd have scored less.

Oh, and it's objectively false to state we won't beat the Storm with the attack we have, because you know, we have.
The Storm should definitely be favourites every time we play (assuming both teams near full strength) but we are absolutely a chance of beating them in any given game, especially at Cumberland.

84 Baby

Referee
The Knights game. If we were laying South’s, Penrith or Melbourne today we would have been beaten easily. Newcastle were that bad. Even BA wasn’t happy with the game in the presser.
You were f**ken talking about line breaks and somehow missed the 9 we had today

You were f**ken talking about line breaks and somehow missed the 9 we had today
I didn’t see any genuine line breaks. All our tries today were close to the line against a poor team. We have struggled for the few games to break any teams down in attack.