What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
Freddy probably wants cover in the halves for when the Penrith blokes go missing again.

That Andrew Johns bloke was so shit he couldn't win a series as starting halfback until 2003 at the age of twenty nine.

The errors comparison of the back 3 makes for interesting chat - Walsh, Cobbo, Tuilagi vs Tedesco Fox To’o.

QLD back 3 have had some Barry Crockers in defence at various stages - coupled with handling errors. I’d even say Tuilagi has been straight up poor this season.

NSW have work rates of To’o and Tedesco who rarely make a mistake and Fox who bring something extra overall to the side.

soc123_au

Staff member
My biggest gripe with what SOO has become is that it has moved from a representative side to its own "club" where coaches are selectors and decide who they want for combinations etc.

The coaches should have no say.

A combined selection committee should be rewarding the best 34 New South Welshmen and Queenslanders at the time based on form, and then coaches get their 17 players to coach.

"Combinations", "incumbency" or "past deeds" should have nothing to do with representative footy. Selection, IMHO, should be a reward for what you have done in the NRL that season.
I kind of agree with this, but then I remember what it was like with selectors. Some clubs had their players picked on anything but form.

mozza91

Coach
That Andrew Johns bloke was so shit he couldn't win a series as starting halfback until 2003 at the age of twenty nine.
Cleary 13 games with 2 decent performances in big wins. Another series loss and he’s approaching Mitchell Pearce status. And Pearce had to contend with a bunch of future immortals.

Valheru

Coach
Walsh is an interesting one by QLD. Unproven at origin level and a small body compared to Ponga.

Ponga is the reverse Pearce, shit at club level, epic at origin. QLD don't normally make these types of changes

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Walsh is an interesting one by QLD. Unproven at origin level and a small body compared to Ponga.

Ponga is the reverse Pearce, shit at club level, epic at origin. QLD don't normally make these types of changes
I'm thinking that maybe he shouldn't have passed the HIA on Saturday and he's had some ordinary symptoms since which have been kept under wraps. He needed to be there if well.

Woody90

Juniors

I can only assume Slater was worried about the impacts on the team if he gets a head knock.

As a Knights fan I was happy but quite surprised that he (and Gagai) were left out. They were both shit on the weekend at club level but usually get the nod for QLD.

Looks like the narrative of QLD sticking with their incumbents in favour of club form has changed a bit this year. We’ll see what impact that has if any. Lot of pressure on Walsh. They need to stick with him for the whole series now regardless of his game 1 performance as to not do what NSW do.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Damien Cook clearly rooted fittlers mrs

TPJ …. Get the f**k outta here, deadset will get sent off for something
Need someone with the balls to fight back when QLD are flogging a rookie 2 on 1. How the pissweak merkins didn't stand up for Burton last year was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen on a football field.

King hit

Coach
Quite like the team named just the Pangai Jnr selection is the on,y one I disagree with. That bloke is just one walking headcase.

Munky

Coach
PENRITH bias but IMO Freddy was going to go with Lenui for impact off the bench.

Injured so went with the Wish.com version in TPJ.