What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
Luai is a fringe origin talent at best and ironically gets picked because of cleary. Luai at least has a go and performs to his level, he isn't as good as Munster and no one expects him to be.

Cleary performs several rungs below his alleged level and has only been impressive in a NSW jersey when the rest of the team has been dominant. Today was his chance to take control and ice a game and he failed miserably.

Luai is off the cuff player, perfect for Origin

That gets missed at club level because the side is built around Cleary

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Origin's have a skinny 10 so it hard to get the ball playing.

Yeo does the ugly stuff well, I often think in a club game he was quiet. Only to check the stats and he had amazing numbers.

Give me guys like that in the pack over guys like Young or TPJ. They get noticed but also make dumb errors too.

Safe and reliable is better in Origin
Jake was missed big time

Maroon4life

Juniors
Ahem ….
just a couple of three things

‘Why would you play a right side club combo on the left ?

‘why would you play an extremely damaging left sided player on the right ?

‘’Why would you sub off an edge back rower after 30 mins and never put him back on ?

‘why would you select a second halfback / 5/8 and only use him in case of injury ?

‘why would you allow Tedesco to take all these attacking runs to which he refuses to pass to unmarked players ?

‘why would you play flatter than the Melbourne storm used too in 1999 if you don’t have team to utilise it ?

bonus whinge

‘why did we all have to sit through that abomination of an attempt at commentary ? It’s borderline torture

‘when you are wish it’s Michael Anus and Flog Alexander there’s a huge problem

frankly I’m depressed and ashamed

Attachments

• IMG_6763.gif
    IMG_6763.gif
    762.9 KB · Views: 7

SBD82

Coach
Anyone think it's an issue that NSW have next to no unpredictability? You've got 3 years of Penrith footage to figure out exactly how they will play
Yeah nah. Everyone has that opportunity every week and they still struggle to stop the Panthers.

I think the issue is that the Panthers play suits a fast line running or sweep run fullback, and Teddy plays flat with the ball in front.

Belza

Juniors
Miserable? Nah.

Wasn’t great footy from either team, just that QLD wanted it more. Good on them, but let’s not pretend it was a good game of footy.
I wasn't commenting on the game but on the crowd. They were into it and there was lots of cheering

BranVan3000

Coach
Yeah nah. Everyone has that opportunity every week and they still struggle to stop the Panthers.

I think the issue is that the Panthers play suits a fast line running or sweep run fullback, and Teddy plays flat with the ball in front.
Every other team doesn't have a year to figure out the gameplan and the 17 best players in the whole state

GongPanther

Referee
It’s interesting how different Luai and Cleary play at Origin level VS club level. It’s almost like they’re coached differently….

Hang on. Wait, maybe it’s just a poorly coached side?
Sound observation. Qld where dropping like flies due to injuries, and a player sent to the bin. I mean, who loses a game when its basically gift wrapped?

SBD82

Coach
Every other team doesn't have a year to figure out the gameplan and the 17 best players in the whole state
They kind of do though. Panthers have been running basically the same structures for the past few years.

Regardless, I don’t think NSW play like the Panthers. Penrith wins that game tonight.