What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 15: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Great game. We lose because of goal kicking again. We need a bench hooker because Crossland is too tired to tackle late in the game so we give them way too much up the middle. We play like that week in week out and we're going to beat 13 of the 17 teams in the comp.

Sux to lose but great effort from the lads. I just want to see that sort of effort for the remaining 10 rounds now.

Jono078

Referee
I'll go against the grain and say the reason we lost is a lack of confidence.

We started to panic with 10 to go and lost our way a little. A confident team would have started to kick into an extra gear - just like the Broncos did.

Haffa

Great game. We lose because of goal kicking again. We need a bench hooker because Crossland is too tired to tackle late in the game so we give them way too much up the middle. We play like that week in week out and we're going to beat 13 of the 17 teams in the comp.

Sux to lose but great effort from the lads. I just want to see that sort of effort for the remaining 10 rounds now.
Goal kicking aside we led by 8 with 10 minutes to go.

perverse

Referee
I'll go against the grain and say the reason we lost is a lack of confidence.

We started to panic with 10 to go and lost our way a little. A confident team would have started to kick into an extra gear - just like the Broncos did.
I agree, we shat our pants under the pressure. I mean, we just about always do. With 11 minutes to go and 8 points in it, I had every expectation the Broncos would do exactly what was done.

Jono078

Referee
This is the type of game where our fanbase will go well at least they tried etc. Barry Toohey will be out in force defending them all. But we can’t accept these kind of losses anymore.
I'd be the first to say that, but I think tonight we were right up against it and it was a super effort to do what we did.

Maybe a bit weird, but I can accept this one tonight. We let ourselves down. But we've been a mess for a little while now and came up against the hottest team in the comp.

This just needs to be a building block now. We can't accept going backwards.

Nuke

Staff member
Knights got to 8 points in front and tried to hold onto the lead. Broncs at the same time upped their energy. It was game over at that point, especially when they got to 20-18.

Really wish we'd've won that game. I really hate Brisbane.

Loose Cannon

Bench
$800k+ a year for that effort by the way. Looking pretty chubby too. I was annoyed at Klem playing like a $500k forward for $800k. I'm livid at Dan playing like a $120k forward for $800k.
And we once again had the bright idea to offer a deal where he can phone it in for years to come.

perverse

Referee
Crossland missed 9 tackles tonight, 2 ineffective. You're filthy at that for a fringe defender, let alone someone in the middle.

Latest posts