What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

Dea

Juniors
Poor post contact defence but great goal line tackling. Not much offered in attack and Hunt as the only kick option makes him easy prey for a hammering by the better teams. Sullivan added creativity and speed when he came on. Suli does some strong runs but I don’t think I’ve seen him pass to the winger yet. Bit wingers have something to offer if the inside would give them some ball.

BLM01

First Grade
Frustrating watching but great to see us grind out another hard fought win and now three on the trot.

Hook and the fellow coaching staff have done a great job turning the defence around as over the past 3 weeks we've gone from the worst defence in the comp to one of the best in terms of points conceded.

That McGuire 'hip drop' was complete bs and Leilua is a grub for laying down and then playing on for another 20 mins.

On the subject of Leilua, how many times does he get to hit the ball up without being called held and how many times does he have to knock it on before the refs call knock on? FMD

We're now equal sixth on points and 2 points out of the top 4 when many including our own forum members were thinking we'd get the spoon!

Big Game against Melbourne next week but for now the Saints juggernaut rolls on and we're three from three 😍

OH WHEN THE SAINTS
Yes stretching it a bit there
2 points out of Top 4?
Have a look at our F & A nearly the worst of teams on 8 points..and we play Melb next week

We are a min 2-3 wins out of top 4.
Even if in the unlikely event we beat Melb in Melb we still wont be in the 8 when you look at the draw for next week, might creep to 9th 🧐 :oops:;):)

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Watching the game live, I was in the western stand, there were a lot of groans and moans about our attack, especially in the first half. I dont know if Amone did enough to see that spark that we need and seeing Sullivan playing out of position still worries me. Yes we need Hunt around the ruck, but he can do that from 9. I know we also need Sloan in the side. Dont get me wrong I'm more than happy with the win, it didnt seem that the Tigers threw a lot of above average attacking plays either, our defence was great on the line. I left with a winning feeling but did I leave thinking that we may be able to offer something up to the panthers or storm, and I have to be honest , I didnt. Until we get our halves and edge runners working like a finely oiled machine, I dont think we are going to be a threat. Lets bite the bullet now put Sullivan 7 Amone 6 Sloan 1 and Mbye 14, Bird back to being an edge runner and hunt to 9. I given Amone a chance with Sullivan next to him, it might be just what he needs. All in all I'm still proud of the boys.

BLM01

First Grade
Watching the game live, I was in the western stand, there were a lot of groans and moans about our attack, especially in the first half. I dont know if Amone did enough to see that spark that we need and seeing Sullivan playing out of position still worries me. Yes we need Hunt around the ruck, but he can do that from 9. I know we also need Sloan in the side. Dont get me wrong I'm more than happy with the win, it didnt seem that the Tigers threw a lot of above average attacking plays either, our defence was great on the line. I left with a winning feeling but did I leave thinking that we may be able to offer something up to the panthers or storm, and I have to be honest , I didnt. Until we get our halves and edge runners working like a finely oiled machine, I dont think we are going to be a threat. Lets bite the bullet now put Sullivan 7 Amone 6 Sloan 1 and Mbye 14, Bird back to being an edge runner and hunt to 9. I given Amone a chance with Sullivan next to him, it might be just what he needs. All in all I'm still proud of the boys.
No..we cant have the 3 amigos in defence / attack yet as have not played enough NRL. 2 max but that is all until maybe later in the year
Not until we can dominate through the middle, without Molo we are mostly cannon fodder ATM.
They will get pressured big time by opposition teams in attack and a fast moving defensive line.
Let alone be targeted to defnd all day which Amone & Sloane may have trouble with

BLM01

First Grade
Pleasantly surprised with Moose. He’s been great & may have even played more games for us now than he’s missed due to suspension. Going on report for that one today was a joke…hope he’s free to play the Storm
Being charged with a Grade 3 hip drop. 5..6 weeks if pleads guilty
Joking :)
However Ch9 media doing their best to get him charged making a headline story about Leilua leg troubles due to McGuire tackle.
Leilua troubles are from his hammy which he pulled 15 mins later. Leilua clutched at an ankle after McGuire tackle., pure accident.
Weidlers merry men keep trying..they just keep trying
The bias is obvious, although Gus said nothing in it. Reverse psychology in play 🤔

Last edited:

shiloh dc

Juniors
Run metres - Dragons 1221m Tigers 1636m

That is an alarming stat. There is a clear issue particularly with the backs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So glad I watched the Fox Sports coverage. Watching the NRL on Nine highlights show their bias against the Dragons. Is it Matt Thompson that commentates Nine? If yes, he is such a wanker. He sounded so disappointed that the Tigers couldn't score on the last play.
It doesn't matter if it's Fox or Nine, the commentators are basically overpaid and ignorant. I try my best to shut them out, with mixed success. Today they were moaning about WT's not taking a shot at goal, while completing missing the fact that it was a differential penalty. Most fans watching have a better knowledge of the game.

justadragon

Bench
No..we cant have the 3 amigos in defence / attack yet as have not played enough NRL. 2 max but that is all until maybe later in the year
Not until we can dominate through the middle, without Molo we are mostly cannon fodder ATM.
They will get pressured big time by opposition teams in attack and a fast moving defensive line.
Let alone be targeted to defnd all day which Amone & Sloane may have trouble with
Can understand your concerns BLM01, the sooner these guys come into it the better, I'm willing to swap Amone and Mbye, but genuinely something has to be done with our attack, we can not continue to just hand the ball back or have a bomb kick on tackle 6.