What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I’ve always ridiculed Union for penalising ‘accidental head clashes’ etc, but I reckon they’ve actually done a number on me because now I look at things like the Walsh injury or the Rapana/CHT incident tonight and think it seems insane there’s no punishment
HIA, concussion protocols, a team can lose a player if someone else is reckless. That's what worries me. Can you imagine SJ taken out in a final?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Double movement try let go for Panthers by bunker. We know it's a no try for Warriors.
And I struggle to believe we don't have a guy in the bin for the tackle on Walsh, let alone the independent Dr taking our player off for an HIA
I
Everyone complaining May didn’t get cited or binned for the Walsh incident because “defender has a duty of care” but it’s ok for Rapana to take CHT out in the air apparently

Oh and LOL@48UFF$

Blair

Coach
Ciraldo's Dogs finally had a day out at Belmore.

32-0. They need to back up now with a pivotal win over Souths next week.

You have to wonder what Dessie's taken on this season.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
The Dragons continue to have serious problems, some awful sides around, a bunch of decent ones, and Penrith

JJ

Immortal
Tigers have often had these surprise performances in them, I’d want a few more before concluding anything’s changed in a meaningful way

Big Marn

Juniors
Tigers have often had these surprise performances in them, I’d want a few more before concluding anything’s changed in a meaningful way
True. Last year they put 66 on the Cowboys then Cowboys returned serve later in the year to the tune of 74-0.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Teams should just forfeit playing away at Parra, seems impossible to get a fair crack there. Happier with that effort than the wins so far, the amount of tackling in their own half was huge and they hung in

Blair

Coach
Teams should just forfeit playing away at Parra, seems impossible to get a fair crack there. Happier with that effort than the wins so far, the amount of tackling in their own half was huge and they hung in.

It was good Sunday arvo footy for neutrals (although, I back Manly over Parra) and the return match at Brookie will be one to watch. I noticed the game ended with some semi-serious push 'n' shove, a bit of feeling there?

Let's hope the Knights jag a win tonight. Otherwise they'll be due next week.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I can live with the obstruction call, don’t get guys in front of the ball and you’ll never be caught out

the big one in the game was when we were still up 14-6 and Tom was beautifully set up to go through a big hole and he was tackled early with no call at all, they went down and scored and we barely saw the ball for 15mins after that. The way we were pulling their edges apart we probably go down there and score and kill the game off. Rubs salt into the wound when after that obstruction call 14 took a dive and they got 2 pts for being tackled without the ball

that last play was interesting, “leading with the head”

Blair

Coach
Katoa brought his ex-Warriors z-game there to blow Melbourne's comeback there. Dropped-ball, on the Knights' line.