What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

chewsta

First Grade
One of you blokes mentioned Marty Tapau somewhere. Seems it may have some legs.
Not a bad replacement for Fifita if he really is leaving.

You Can never have too many big aggressive and mobile metre eaters in the pack. A bit like Melbourne's pack I'd say. :eyes: makes you wonder.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade

You Can never have too many big aggressive and mobile metre eaters in the pack. A bit like Melbourne's pack I'd say. :eyes: makes you wonder.

What have you heard?

Stake Removed

First Grade

It would make sense for all clubs involved.
Drags - get the player they want.
Sharks - we benefit and get a more mobile forward.
Eagles - would free up some cap as they are in world of hurt

chewsta

First Grade
What have you heard?

Somebody mentioned it in here a few days ago and since then I've just seen a few mentions of him coming to us on various media and social media posts. Apparently we want him and the Sea Eagles won't stand in his way if he wants to leave. Not sure if it's for this year or next though.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep last year after covid hit and they weren't playing (which was to be for us). There are stories about at the moment where Petero is saying it will be announced soon who they are going to be a feeder for, but it was announced last year after us that The Roosters are now doing it. I'll link both

https://www.abc.net.au/radio-austra...ktails-move-to-australia-2021-season/12933708

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/24/fiji-silktails-return-to-nsw-rugby-league/

And maybe you meant these two who have snow signed for The Roosters as well
https://www.fbcnews.com.fj/sports/rugby-league/silktails-young-guns-join-roosters-u-21-training/

I see, but nope. I clearly remember a story of 2 youngsters the Sharks had signed and put into the dev pathway,

Craigshark

First Grade
Rothfield reckons we want to release fifita so we can sign one of our forwards from our 2016 team.. I know it’s Rothfield so who knows, but I can only think of possibly capewell?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Rothfield reckons we want to release fifita so we can sign one of our forwards from our 2016 team.. I know it’s Rothfield so who knows, but I can only think of possibly capewell?

He’s the only one left still playing. In terms of forwards he’s it

8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Prior
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen

Tagataese, Bukuya and Heighington on the bench with Beale

glenmoresharkie

First Grade

8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Prior
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen

Chimp

Bench

8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Prior
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen

Matty Prior is still playing at Leeds, and very nearly didn’t return to SL. Leeds were willing to let him stay in Aus if he could find a club. His Wife and child have not yet returned to the U.K, so Prior could be the one.
Prior has been quoted as saying he was even contemplating retiring rather than returning to U.K. during Covid times, so he was desperate to stay in Aus.
He’s been going ok in SL, same old Prior really. There’s a risk game could be too quick for him now, but I’d also say this form of the game would suit Prior in his 2016 prime.

Inferno

Coach
Prior would be a solid signing, though surely you wouldn't be signing him for any more than a 1 year deal.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Prior would be a solid signing, though surely you wouldn't be signing him for any more than a 1 year deal.

Prior would be a terrible signing imo. He was on his last legs when he left and he's 34 this year.

Sign him sure, but for depth and on a cheap deal.

jc155776

Coach
Capewell is a champ.

Just plays with guts and desire. Like his try against the Storm, had no right to score that.

Sucks to be buying him back at such a premium though lol