What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sat - Cronulla 12-13 Sydney @ PointsBet

Finals Week 1: Cronulla v Sydney

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Finals Week 1
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Sydney Roosters
PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware / Dharawal, Woolooware (TICKETS)
Saturday 9 September 2023

NRL kickoff 7:50pm
Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. Connor Tracey 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Braydon Trindall 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Braden Hamlin-Uele 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Cameron McInnes 14. Jack Williams 15. Royce Hunt 16. Thomas Hazelton 17. Oregon Kaufusi 18. Kayal Iro 19. Daniel Atkinson 20. Jesse Colquhoun 21. William Kennedy 22. Matt Moylan

Unchanged

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Fetalaiga Pauga 3. Billy Smith 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Fletcher Baker 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Siua Wong 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Sandon Smith 15. Egan Butcher 16. Terrell May 17. Angus Crichton 18. Drew Hutchison 19. Naufahu Whyte 20. Corey Allan 21. Jaxson Paulo 22. Dylan Napa

Out: Corey Allan (centre)
In: Joseph Manu (centre)
Changes: Egan Butcher (front row to bench), Fletcher Baker (bench to front row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard SUTTON
Sideline Officials: Phil HENDERSON, Wyatt RAYMOND
Video Referee: Grant ATKINS​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Rorters by 8 on nothing but form, but by rights Cronulla should be finding a way to do them over if they're serious

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Watch the complaints come, they will tell you we should play at the Roosters home ground.

Thankfully the NRL knows the money is in broadcast, bums on seats just looks good on TV, makes bugger all money. Can't get a ticket, watch it free.

Shark park will look great on TV.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Sharks should beat Roosters, but Roosters have taken a place in the 8, which isn't good if you're a shark.

Plenty of controversy ploise.

GongPanther

Referee
Dependent on the Sharks FB if he is not playing, the Roosters will win with a FG in it during golden point, just like last year Sharks V Cows. 23-22 Roosters.

Roosters are looking dangerous, I thought Souths would stop them but they got blown off the park.

The Sharks will put up more fight than Souths, and with Hynes in the team you can't write them off. But it's the Roosters style of fast and powerful running that has gotten them to the finals, and with the momentum they have, I don't think the Sharks can stop them. Roosters by 6.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Roosters have been warming and most of them know what to do at this time of year. Sharks are still very meh. If Manu and Tupou are back Easts should do it relativly comfortably. Roosters by 10.

Craigshark

First Grade
Wouldn’t surprise me. Bloke is the biggest fake tough guy in the game and will only attempt a hit on blokes smaller than him.

biggest fake tough guy in the game? Lol.. what’s he done to earn this reputation? Plays pretty tough, makes some dumb mistakes, defends pretty strong.. but fake tough? Don’t see him baiting or fighting anyone really.

Sam Walker, meet Jesse Ramien's shoulder. Ponga is still crying over his strawberry milkshake.

You know when you wish injury/concussion on an opposition player, karma has a way of sneaking up and biting you on the arse. Wouldn’t want anything to happen to Nicho now would we?

Maybe Cronulla can just focus on, oh I don’t know, playing better, rather than wishing Sam Walker gets taken out.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You know when you wish injury/concussion on an opposition player, karma has a way of sneaking up and biting you on the arse. Wouldn’t want anything to happen to Nicho now would we?

Maybe Cronulla can just focus on, oh I don’t know, playing better, rather than wishing Sam Walker gets taken out.
It is not touch football, people love the touch footballers who cannot tackle.

Strawberrys, Walsh, Johnson in his early years, Walker.

I love a good clean hit, that rattles the teeth and ribs, and league is a two way game.

Touch footy players get found out.

Woody90

Juniors
It is not touch football, people love the touch footballers who cannot tackle.

Strawberrys, Walsh, Johnson in his early years, Walker.

I love a good clean hit, that rattles the teeth and ribs, and league is a two way game.

Touch footy players get found out.

You have an interesting definition of a “good clean hit”. In Ramien’s example he was 5 metres offside when he hit Ponga. I could do that to blokes smaller than me too if they didn’t have a chance to change their position.

Teams only put their focus on taking out an opposition player when they know they don’t have enough talent in their own side to compete.

Roosters are certainties on Saturday, Walker taken out or not. They’ve still certainly underachieved so far this year, but they’re much better than Sharks.

Danish

Referee
Good lord you know you are in short supply of hard forwards when you have to trot out Jesse Ramien as your heavy artillery.

the dumbest thing the sharks could do is try to turn it into a battle of attrition

Latest posts