What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 SF Fri - Melbourne 18-13 Sydney @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
So we blow a few hundred thousand on the 2024 salary cap to release Suaalli, which leave us $0 as a result to add to squad depth? Makes zero sense. Also have a look at how long some of our top line three quarters have spent out injured over the last 3 seasons.

Tupou has only managed 1 season in a 3 year period to play all games.

Billy Smith? Has managed only 1 season out of 4 to play more than 7 games in a season, and that was this season with 15.

Manu has missed a game or two over each of the last 3 seasoins I believe.

Suaalii only managed 5 games his first year prior to injury. Played 19 last yerar and only 21 this year.

Even Teddy has missed a few games.

Add in injuries to Kearry and we need all the depoth and quality we can get. You cannot expect that injuries will not happen, nor that we won't get any that will be long term. Its one thing to rely on a Momo or Pauga for a game or two, another for 7-10 matches especially if that incluyeds a finals run.

Also you keep going onm about creating cap space. Releasing Crichton and Suaalii will require a payout fo sdome sort. If it winds up being the full contract payment, which they could demand and the Roosters would have no leg to stand on legally if the player demanded that, then it will not create any cap space for 2024. It is payout players to leave early which has gotten clubs like the Bulldogs, Manly and the Wests Tigers into such trouble - they've been paying for players at other clubs for years.
I'm referring to releasing them without any pay out which is definitely a possibility with sualli.

Isn't the rule they can only award a penalty if it's worth putting on report? And Grant would need to leave the field for 15 minutes HIA ?
It’s true about the report; new rule this year. But not about the HIA; it isn’t a requirement. People seem to think that the HIA is there as some kind of square against the team receiving the penalty/advantage for being the victim of some form of foul play. It is there solely to protect players.

Doesn’t help that the media describes it as such.

gerg

Juniors
Stats must exist because fans are the ones saying that Roosters give away the most penalties on their goal line. Not you of course because you have eyes and don’t needs stats
There's only stat's on calls made. There is no data on 'non-calls'. I don't know how I can simplify this explanation for you any further?

Roosters put in place a wall to minimise the chance of a charge down. There was no penalty given, despite this tactic being outlawed about 4 years ago. No penalty was blown. So there is no data. This was a play or tactic that went very close to winning the match. It's a big 'non-call'.

But you keep on with your 'sHoW mE thE dATa' line.

D'offs cap, have a good day sir.

There's only stat's on calls made. There is no data on 'non-calls'. I don't know how I can simplify this explanation for you any further?

Roosters put in place a wall to minimise the chance of a charge down. There was no penalty given, despite this tactic being outlawed about 4 years ago. No penalty was blown. So there is no data. This was a play or tactic that went very close to winning the match. It's a big 'non-call'.

But you keep on with your 'sHoW mE thE dATa' line.

D'offs cap, have a good day sir.
I get your argument but mine was that fans state it like it’s a fact but I’m saying it can only be so if there was data to back it otherwise it’s merely opinion. No journalists claim that we get away with being offside on our line, it’s merely a narrative amongst fans. I also mentioned that Sterling brought it up that we give more penalties away in the opps’ half. I still don’t think we’re offside on our line more than anyone else, you think otherwise.

Dodgy

Juniors
I barrack for Carlton as well. But that game was so enthralling in the second half that I lost track of the AFL til this one finished.