What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

betcats

Referee
Souffs are coming off missing the 8, Walker is 34. No way a new coach has him as 1st choice
Maybe, you can say the same thing about dce going into this years series though. If walkers in the form he was pre origin this year he will get picked. If hynes is in the form he was in pre origin this year he will probably get picked. Luai is going to have to be in really good form to get picked I think, NSW coming off two series losses in a row Luai was the 6 in 5 of those games(I think) before he got dropped, he will need in the best form or at least much closer than he was this year.

Iamback

Coach
Maybe, you can say the same thing about dce going into this years series though. If walkers in the form he was pre origin this year he will get picked. If hynes is in the form he was in pre origin this year he will probably get picked. Luai is going to have to be in really good form to get picked I think, NSW coming off two series losses in a row Luai was the 6 in 5 of those games(I think) before he got dropped, he will need in the best form or at least much closer than he was this year.

it is easy to forget how injuries have hit NSW the last couple of years. Even allowing for that NSW put a record score on QLD in Perth last year.

The core of the side picks itself based on what has happened across those couple of years

betcats

Referee
it is easy to forget how injuries have hit NSW the last couple of years. Even allowing for that NSW put a record score on QLD in Perth last year.

The core of the side picks itself based on what has happened across those couple of years

I agree but I just don’t think Luai is part of the core that picks itself and I think Fittler and brandy leaving the system make it even less likely they just stick Luai there because of Nathan which is what happened this year in game 1, on form he was not picking himself he got in due to the club partnership. If there are other options in better form than Luai I think Luai will struggle to get back in next year. Of course he is good enough that his form might be much improved and he will get back in.

Iamback

Coach
I agree but I just don’t think Luai is part of the core that picks itself and I think Fittler and brandy leaving the system make it even less likely they just stick Luai there because of Nathan which is what happened this year in game 1, on form he was not picking himself he got in due to the club partnership. If there are other options in better form than Luai I think Luai will struggle to get back in next year. Of course he is good enough that his form might be much improved and he will get back in.

Luai is going to miss the 1st few weeks of the year anyway.

You look at the core though

Cleary
To'o

Backrow

Murray
Martin
Yeo

That goes well with Luai but if not him. Not sure Walker is either particularly if you want Martin playing both sides of the ruck

mxlegend99

Referee
I doubt Luai is in the team. New coach who will have different ideas and he's not the most popular guy outside of our club. Cleary played his best footy when Luai was off in the grand final too. Everyone saw it and even Cleary said Cogger helped unlock him.

Cleary would be our only certainty for NSW. To'o, Martin and Yeo would be odds on to be picked. 90% chance. But not 100%.

Luai i would say is below a 50% chance. I could see Moses, Walker, Hynes etc. being ahead of him. I think Moses would go well with Cleary tbh.

soc123_au

Staff member
I doubt Luai is in the team. New coach who will have different ideas and he's not the most popular guy outside of our club. Cleary played his best footy when Luai was off in the grand final too. Everyone saw it and even Cleary said Cogger helped unlock him.

Cleary would be our only certainty for NSW. To'o, Martin and Yeo would be odds on to be picked. 90% chance. But not 100%.

Luai i would say is below a 50% chance. I could see Moses, Walker, Hynes etc. being ahead of him. I think Moses would go well with Cleary tbh.
A Cleary Moses combo could be deadly. Imagine trying to shut down that kicking game if both are on.

Latest posts