What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

murraymob

Coach
Anyone doing any pre season training getting ready for the upcoming season like downing a few beers hotdogs or pies .A few leg stretches to get ready for the grandstand walk to your seat
Or perhaps a few vocal exercises like parra sucks get them inside ref

MugaB

Coach
Some of her numbers are strange. Schneider as back up half be at number 8, and above To’o. Kenny At 13, and even Smith above him. No Henry in the top 25, who will probably start the year in the 17.
It does say to importance of the club in the header,
Its really just her opinion, I'd have To'o way higher than that swapped with liam martin, im comfortable with schnieder there, he will turn out to become another solid halfback, we need to lock him up before the struggling clubs come knocking

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It does say to importance of the club in the header,
Its really just her opinion, I'd have To'o way higher than that swapped with liam martin, im comfortable with schnieder there, he will turn out to become another solid halfback, we need to lock him up before the struggling clubs come knocking
Unless he works at 6 why would he want to stay? Nathan has 10 years left

MugaB

Coach
Anyone saying it has to be HUGE Gower or Brandy fans who can't admit he's our best ever 7
I am a huge brandy fan, but thats not why i say it...
Its simply that you don't need him in at 7 to be effective, if you had the coin to have a other halfback to play alongside nathan, why not, we've seen what happened with cogger in the finals, Cleary turned into wally lewis for about 20 mins in the GF
Why does he have to be the conservative controller at 1st reciever.. he doesn't

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I am a huge brandy fan, but thats not why i say it...
Its simply that you don't need him in at 7 to be effective, if you had the coin to have a other halfback to play alongside nathan, why not, we've seen what happened with cogger in the finals, Cleary turned into wally lewis for about 20 mins in the GF
Why does he have to be the conservative controller at 1st reciever.. he doesn't
He's better than QLD comp Wally

And he's the best game manger in the sport. He's not moving, not f**king ever
I agree with this. People seem to have seen him go into second receiver a few times and think he would be great at 5/8th. I think he would be great at 5/8th too, but he needs the ball in his hands whenever he wants it.

Having a 5/8th that will play some first receiver and (jmore importantly both sides) will help to mix it up every once in a while will help his overall effectiveness, and both Cogger and Luai did that more in the second half of last year.

maple_69

Bench
Nathan’s biggest strengths are his kicking, defence and game management. His running game is patchy but sometimes lethal and his passing is just fine. It’s the dictionary definition of a halfbacks skill set, not a five eighth. It’s really only in attacking sets that the Yeo/Cleary first/second receiver dynamic doesn’t translate as well and we could benefit from having less rigid structure and more swapping between the halves at first and second receiver.

A half is that much more dangerous because defences don’t know what they’re going to do, because they should be able to pass/kick/run. Nathan popping up at five eighth, or Luai/other half popping up on the right at first receiver will create much more uncertainty than Nath playing 6. Cogger may have played some first receiver in that final 20 of the GF but it was more a mixing of roles than a swapping of the roles.

Latest posts