What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
if you accuse someone of rape when they have been cleared at court and the nrl integrity unit it means you are clutching at straws did all the dragon sponsors dumb the dragons I don’t think so and in the end it’s up to Wayne he’s getting paid the big money to make these decisions
He was not cleared at court.

Eric the great

Juniors
Were they convicted and sent to gaol or get an intensive correctional order or were they allowed to go home and get on with there life and as I said Wayne has the final say so watch the news and see what happens

speedster

Juniors
Were they convicted and sent to gaol or get an intensive correctional order or were they allowed to go home and get on with there life and as I said Wayne has the final say so watch the news and see what happens
The merkin got away with rape. He's a rapist nonetheless.

We all know who has the final say. I'm just giving my opinion and the reasons for it. Is that alright with you or do I need your approval of my opinion to be allowed to express it?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
There's been far more than mere allegations. The case was heard twice and both juries were majority guilty but 1 or 2 jurors voted not guilty which led to it being declared a mistrial. He was not ultimately found guilty but he also failed to be found not guilty.

I followed the case very closely and it was clear to me that what he and the other bloke did was rape pure and simple. Nothing unfair about me having an opinion based on the facts of both cases. I'm assuming nothing and the current political climate (which is dreadfully unsupportive of women in general) has nothing to do with this particular case. Nothing!

I don't care if he was ultimately let off the hook. I don't want that grub at my club. That's my opinion whether you see it that way or not and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
The fact that the jury's were unable to reach a unanimous guilty verdict twice actually just pokes holes in the prosecutions case more than anything. If it was so clear cut and it convinced you that he was 100% a rapist then maybe your more biased than you think.

As far as the current political climate being unsupportive of woman I completely disagree I have had many experiences with men having their lives ruined by woman that lie. There's no punishment for people that make stuff up.

You are entitled to your opinion though. I personally would love to have JDB at the club and think he could be a real leader. I won't be labelling him as a rapist because he was never convicted and that's how I will continue to view all situations that are similar. You can't be labelled for a crime you didn't commit if you were never convicted.

Eric the great

Juniors
The fact that the jury's were unable to reach a unanimous guilty verdict twice actually just pokes holes in the prosecutions case more than anything. If it was so clear cut and it convinced you that he was 100% a rapist then maybe your more biased than you think.

As far as the current political climate being unsupportive of woman I completely disagree I have had many experiences with men having their lives ruined by woman that lie. There's no punishment for people that make stuff up.

You are entitled to your opinion though. I personally would love to have JDB at the club and think he could be a real leader. I won't be labelling him as a rapist because he was never convicted and that's how I will continue to view all situations that are similar. You can't be labelled for a crime you didn't commit if you were never convicted.
Well said the only reason the case went before the courts was because he was high profile and they wanted to uphold trust in judicial system

speedster

Juniors

No bias. He got away with rape due to there being a couple of bros on the jury that actually think that what he and the other bloke did was okay when any decent person would have no hesitation in saying what they did was rape pure and simple. He got away with it. Don't want him in my club colours. Insults will not change my opinion.

Re - men supposedly being the poor victims in society, that's laughable. Getting a conviction through the courts for DV or SA, rape and the like is extremely difficult and has an extremely low success rate. If anyone is silly enough to think that proves that there's an epidemic of women lying and picking on poor blokes for little to no gain when at the same time the death toll for women due to DV is at all time highs then that just backs up the bros culture problem where men are getting away with it so easily that they continue to act with impunity. The percentage of men being framed is very small. It does happen but that is not the big issue in Australian society - it's toxic male violence and arrogance - the bro culture that's the real problem.

As for the player in question, he can and will be labelled for the actions he did commit and were proven in court that he did commit. That he got off scot free is a travesty of justice but what he actually did is a matter of record and anyone can find the reports online to refresh their memories and make up their own minds.

I'm a fair minded person and I believe wholeheartedly in a person's right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. The evidence clearly proved his guilt but he escaped punishment on a BS technicality. The bro culture is so pervasive that it reared it's ugly head in both juries that consists of people both the prosecution and defence have to agree on. They snuck at least one bro into both of the juries and that was enough for him to escape justice.

"Bros before hoes" wins again unfortunately but we all know the truth. Eh bro?

Eric the great

Juniors
He wasn’t proven guilty two juries couldn’t come to a unanimous decision how do you know it was blokes who found them innocent of charges and they were lucky enough to get mates on the jury please give the system more integrity than that even judge stated that police in charge of case got their information wrong and I doubt you would call him a rapist to his face you would probably yell it from the stands in safety

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
No bias. He got away with rape due to there being a couple of bros on the jury that actually think that what he and the other bloke did was okay when any decent person would have no hesitation in saying what they did was rape pure and simple. He got away with it. Don't want him in my club colours. Insults will not change my opinion.

Re - men supposedly being the poor victims in society, that's laughable. Getting a conviction through the courts for DV or SA, rape and the like is extremely difficult and has an extremely low success rate. If anyone is silly enough to think that proves that there's an epidemic of women lying and picking on poor blokes for little to no gain when at the same time the death toll for women due to DV is at all time highs then that just backs up the bros culture problem where men are getting away with it so easily that they continue to act with impunity. The percentage of men being framed is very small. It does happen but that is not the big issue in Australian society - it's toxic male violence and arrogance - the bro culture that's the real problem.

As for the player in question, he can and will be labelled for the actions he did commit and were proven in court that he did commit. That he got off scot free is a travesty of justice but what he actually did is a matter of record and anyone can find the reports online to refresh their memories and make up their own minds.

I'm a fair minded person and I believe wholeheartedly in a person's right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. The evidence clearly proved his guilt but he escaped punishment on a BS technicality. The bro culture is so pervasive that it reared it's ugly head in both juries that consists of people both the prosecution and defence have to agree on. They snuck at least one bro into both of the juries and that was enough for him to escape justice.

"Bros before hoes" wins again unfortunately but we all know the truth. Eh bro?
This is becoming very political and it's not the place to be talking about it. I completely disagree with a lot of what you say but it's fine to have your opinions.

"Following extensive inquiries and upon receiving advice from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, police have charged a former Detective Senior Constable with giving false evidence under oath amounting to perjury."

Even with two trials and a lying police officer they couldn't prove that JDB and Sinclair raped that girl.

Latest posts