What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
Looks like cookies on the move,st george and huddersfield have made offers, and there is no holding him from leaving by the club, they are saying it should free up 650k

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Looks like cookies on the move,st george and huddersfield have made offers, and there is no holding him from leaving by the club, they are saying it should free up 650k
But Dragons want Souths to chip in for 2025:

Dragons set to table two-year deal for Rabbitohs hooker​

Cook is contracted at the Rabbitohs until the end of 2025 on a deal worth about $650,000. The Dragons are willing to offer him a contract but would require South Sydney to contribute part of his salary in 2025.

The opportunity for Cook to move on presented itself a few weeks ago when Super League club Huddersfield made direct inquiries with South Sydney officials in the hope they could lure the hooker to England on a two-year deal.

The Rabbitohs informed Cook’s manager Mario Tartak, indicating they would not be likely to offer him an extension beyond 2025 and would not stand in his way if he was able to secure a longer deal in England or at another club in the NRL.

callmack1

Staff member

Big news but honestly, I don't mind if Cook goes. Happy for him to stay, but I'm certainly not against him going.

Look, he's still a decent enough hooker but there's no doubt he's past his prime and I just don't think his output matches his pay grade anymore. If we could have him move on and Pete step up for much cheaper (which I believe he can do), then I'm all for it.

This has Wayne written all over it. If he wanted him, we wouldn't be having this discussion or reading this article. And who knows? Wayne may be cooking up something else. No pun intended.

Steenson123

Juniors
Wow. Definitely some violent undertones in ur make up. I definitely struck a nerve.
If my memory is correct you and HandyHead or whatever he calls himself called me a drug fiend and alcoholic mocking my suggestions that the club go after B. Slater as Head Coach a year ago.
Guess what? Dean Widders on NRL Tonight recently argued strongly, when questioned about Parramatta's next Head Coach, that Parramatta appoint Billy Slater and go after him with everything. Dean sees it just like myself. Slater has charisma, he is fit and strong minded, has a great football IQ, lusts to win and has shown how shrewd he is with selections. He is the next Bellamy or Burt almost certainly.
Just highlights what a pair of cheap talking dummies you two are!

handyman2190

Bench
If my memory is correct you and HandyHead or whatever he calls himself called me a drug fiend and alcoholic mocking my suggestions that the club go after B. Slater as Head Coach a year ago.
Guess what? Dean Widders on NRL Tonight recently argued strongly, when questioned about Parramatta's next Head Coach, that Parramatta appoint Billy Slater and go after him with everything. Dean sees it just like myself. Slater has charisma, he is fit and strong minded, has a great football IQ, lusts to win and has shown how shrewd he is with selections. He is the next Bellamy or Burt almost certainly.
Youve dilated my eyes,shame on you,widders like yourself is clueless

speedster

Juniors
Hey, to Thumper in particular but others too,

Let's bury the hatchet. We had a blue, harsh words were said, etc.. Righto. It's done. Let's move on and bury the hatchet eh? We're still Rabbitohs family bottom line so,

All good? Let's have a virtual beer together eh?

Cheers

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I'd like to win the lotto, and know it would be good for me, but that doesn't mean I've got a realistic chance of owning 5 houses, 3 boats, and a safe full of jewellery......

Latest posts