What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Team

PhilGould

Bench
1. Ponga
2. Jenkins / Tuala
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Gamble
7. Hastings
8. Saifiti
9. Brailey
10. Thompson
11. Frizell
12. Pearce-Paul / Lucas / Cartwright
13. Elliott

14. Crossland
15. Saifiti
16. Hetherington
17. Lucas / Pearce-Paul / Cartwright

PhilGould

Bench
Don’t have Mann covering every position anymore so think KPP/Lucas being able to play centre makes more sense than another middle forward riding the bench.

Only real dark horse I see is Pryce on the small chance he hits the ground running and instantly looks like our most gifted player not named Kalyn. Even then I think Gamble has a grip on the 6 jersey but maybe Pryce plays centre and Gagai shifts to wing.

Old dog

Juniors
1. Ponga
2. Jenkins / Tuala
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Gamble
7. Hastings
8. Saifiti
9. Brailey
10. Thompson
11. Frizell
13. Elliott

14. Crossland
15. Saifiti
16. Hetherington
Basically agree with this but would definitely be 2 Jenkins 12 Lucas & 17 Pearce-Paul/Croker assuming JSaf is 8

Yosh

Coach
What are the odds Brailey plays less than 10 games next season? I think any 2024 team needs to assume Brailey will be a bit part player so Crossland will be our 9 and so who is our 14? Maybe Pryce?

perverse

Referee
Pryce is going to be a factor at some stage. He looks too talented to be kept out of the team for long. Dunno how this is going to play out tbh.

perverse

Referee
Dom is definitely a huge loss. I’m confident that KPP will end up a better Back-rower than Fitzy and Lucas could get there aswell.
Fitz just happened to play his best ever football as he was on his way out the door. It's hard to replace but as you said, there's potential to do so already in the squad. Dom is irreplaceable, he just has gifts that not many have. It's hard to put a value on him, and we'll need to adjust how we play on the right.

PhilGould

Bench
Areas we should be better
- Ponga at fullback from round 1
- Best finally coming off a healthy season and with a half that plays to his strengths
- Ponga/Gamble/Hastings combined very well, if they can maintain or improve on that we’ll be laughing
- Thompson hopefully keeps improving
- More faith in the backup for when one of Brailey’s body parts inevitably explodes

Areas of concern
- Gagai & Frizell are at the age where they could fall off a cliff at any point
- Despite the insistence that losing Dom wouldn’t be a big deal because we had the juniors to cover him Jenkins/Tuala aren’t in the same stratosphere
- Brailey
- Which version of the Saifiti’s will we get?
- Fitzgibbon’s ability to absorb contact and threaten the defence with an offload was a huge factor in creating space for Ponga/Best down that edge. KPP has the physical attributes and skill to be even more of a threat but it remains to be seen how he handles the physicality here, he’s not really explosive or damaging as a line runner at this stage. Lucas went well in a few games late but is a completely different type of player, more so looks go off his left foot and head back towards the posts rather than playing straight at the line and has no offload to speak of, so need to create a whole new game plan. Cartwright might be the closest direct replacement to Fitz with his size and ability to offload but obviously the upside is pretty limited there.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Ponga
Gagai
Pryce
Best
Marzhew
Gamble
Hastings
Elliott
KPP
Friz
Jsaf
Crossland
Thompson
Brailey
D Saf
Hetherington
Croker
Reserves
Jenkins
Cartwright
Cogger

that is a pretty tight squad IMO.

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
1. Ponga
2. Jenkins / Tuala
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Gamble
7. Hastings
8. Saifiti
9. Brailey
10. Thompson
11. Frizell
13. Elliott

14. Crossland
15. Saifiti
16. Hetherington

No Croker? You make a valid point though…who misses out?

Joel-22

Juniors
I think 2024 will be the season we establish ourselves as a genuine premiership contender, and I think 2025 we can challenge with some luck with injuries, form and signings.

2024:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Enari Tuala/ Thomas Jenkins
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Dylan Lucas
13. Adam Elliott

14. Jayden Brailey/Jack Cogger/Will Pryce (they will all spend time in the 14)
15. Kai Pearce Paul
16. Leo Thompson
17. Mat Croker

2025:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Enari Tuala/ Thomas Jenkins/NEW SIGNING
3. NEW SIGNING
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Will Pryce
7. Jack Cogger
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Kai Pearce Paul
12. Dylan Lucas
13. Adam Elliott

14. Tyson Gamble
15. Tyson Frizell (spending more time in the middle)
16. Leo Thompson
17. Mat Croker

If we make good signings and everyone plays to potential, I think that side has enough talent to challenge for a spot in the GF

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think 2024 will be the season we establish ourselves as a genuine premiership contender, and I think 2025 we can challenge with some luck with injuries, form and signings.

2024:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Enari Tuala/ Thomas Jenkins
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Dylan Lucas
13. Adam Elliott

14. Jayden Brailey/Jack Cogger/Will Pryce (they will all spend time in the 14)
15. Kai Pearce Paul
16. Leo Thompson
17. Mat Croker

2025:
1. Kalyn Ponga
3. NEW SIGNING
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Will Pryce
7. Jack Cogger
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Kai Pearce Paul
12. Dylan Lucas
13. Adam Elliott

14. Tyson Gamble
16. Leo Thompson
17. Mat Croker

If we make good signings and everyone plays to potential, I think that side has enough talent to challenge for a spot in the GF
Not sure if we show ourselves to be a premiership threat next year the best idea is to replace both your starting halves the year after.

2025:
1. Kalyn Ponga
3. NEW SIGNING
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Will Pryce
7. Jack Cogger
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Kai Pearce Paul
12. Dylan Lucas
13. Adam Elliott

14. Tyson Gamble
16. Leo Thompson
17. Mat Croker

Lol we aren't getting anywhere near the grand final if that's our starting halves in 2025

Joel-22

Juniors
Haha I got a little overexcited watching highlights of our 10 game winning streak as well as highlights of Pryce and Kai Pearce Paul. So you’re right, if we’re a premiership threat next year changing both halves the next year is stupid unless their last name is Cleary lol However, I’m confident that Pryce is going to be a success in the NRL. Not straight away but his second year he’ll force his way into the regular 17

mozza91

Coach
Haha I got a little overexcited watching highlights of our 10 game winning streak as well as highlights of Pryce and Kai Pearce Paul. So you’re right, if we’re a premiership threat next year changing both halves the next year is stupid unless their last name is Cleary lol However, I’m confident that Pryce is going to be a success in the NRL. Not straight away but his second year he’ll force his way into the regular 17
Why Cogger at 7 though? He’s the 3rd best half at the club and will be 4th best if Pryce does kick on and play 5/8.

Joel-22

Juniors
Why Cogger at 7 though? He’s the 3rd best half at the club and will be 4th best if Pryce does kick on and play 5/8.
I think he’s a much improved player from the player who spent time here and at the dogs. Every opportunity he had a Penrith he took it with both hands. Most panthers fans I know have a very high opinion of him.
Im happy to pick whoever is in the better form though and that means starting Hastings and Gamble in the halves rd 1 2024. I just wouldn’t be surprised to see one of them lose their spot to Cogger at some stage

slotmachine

First Grade
Which is more likely. The bloke who couldn't nail a starting spot in England last year has suddenly become a quality half, or playing behind JFH, Leota, Yeo and Leniu is the easiest gig in the NRL?

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think we would all love to be in the position of which in form half we should be playing. More likely it will come down to injuries and how the team is going.