What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Cowboys

Meth

Staff member
3- Curran
2- Fonua-Blake
1- Harris

HM- SJ, Walker

Dishonourable Mentions- DWZ, Ford- both had games to forget.

Didn't think CNK was great either.

Tevaga a bit rocks and diamonds- on the whole, positives outweighing the negatives. Huge defensive effort.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - Walker. Came into #6 and absolutely owned every facet of the game. Huge defence, set up and scored tries, was everywhere
2 - SJ. Just keeps delivering this year and really closed that game out once we got our noses in front. Bad day with the boot but I’ll put that down to the wind.
1 - AFB. Guy is just u stoppable through the middle.

HMs CNK, Kosi, Curran, Ford
No DMs though DWZ and Harris both looked a little rusty and will both be better for the hit-out.
Also top form on the challenges, what was that, 3 from 3?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3- Curran
2- Harris
1- Fonua-Blake

HM- SJ, Walker

Dishonourable Mentions- DWZ, Ford- both had games to forget.

Didn't think CNK was great either.

Tevaga a bit rocks and diamonds- on the whole, positives outweighing the negatives. Huge defensive effort.
I won’t ever criticise Tevaga before seeing his numbers, haha. The guy works himself to a standstill and I think he took a lot of Tohu’s usual load on.

Meth

Staff member
hmmm maybe I was watching Tohu through rose-tinted glasses. I thought he added something crucial into our attack.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
hmmm maybe I was watching Tohu through rose-tinted glasses. I thought he added something crucial into our attack.
He did- AFBs try was classic Tohu class. But I think his workrate was below his usual, which I suspect was a deliberate plan because Tevaga and Curran got through a mountain of defence

Meth

Staff member
Great to beat the Cowboys twice and stick it to Payten/Hiku

Meth

Staff member
Also, Ale is a really good defender.

Looking at some stats now-
Ale 26 tackles. 0 missed
Tevaga 47 tackles. 1 missed.
Curran 38 tackles. 1 missed.
Harris 33 tackles. 1 missed.
Johnson 15 tackles. 0 missed.

JJ

Immortal
3. AFB
2. Walker
1. Curran

Harris definitely adds plenty even when rusty…. Along with AFB (and perhaps Walker as 14) he’s among the best in the comp in his position

Hov

Juniors
3. Walker.
2. Curran
1. SJ

Those errors tonight were just unbelievable. Schoolboy stuff really. No doubt the timing is off with a number of changes in key positions but at least boys did rip in and defend errors. The amount of set restarts are ridiculous and mostly just silly little leg pulls or blatant 2nd efforts on the ground. In saying that though the boys kept turning up and when it does click it is going to be very exciting

JJ

Immortal
Glad Ale is finding his feet…

we’re no threat yet imo, but huge improvement this year, outside chance of top 4? Definitely strong top 8 chance

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Glad Ale is finding his feet…

we’re no threat yet imo, but huge improvement this year, outside chance of top 4? Definitely strong top 8 chance
Yeah we’re top 8 also rans this year I think - I reckon can make it as far as maybe week 2 of the finals on current form. But that is still such a massive improvement on recent seasons, basically back to the Cleary years if it continues.

Benek

Juniors
3 Walker (what a utility player! Should earn #14 of the league)
2 AFB (the big runs when we need it)
1 Curran (glad to have him back)

hitro

Juniors
3 Walker
2 Johnson, finally realised he's a big guy and can tackle
1 Pompey

HM AFB Ale Bunty Chris Sutton Kosi (every week crew kick to him thinking he's gonna drop it but he never does!
back to being terrible...yes Jazz, off to reserve grade or ESL please

Grizzman

Juniors
A tough one this week with a number of contenders.
3 - Walker. Added some nice touches on attack, scored a try and together with Ford, shut down Nainai all night.
2 - Johnson. Primarily for his defensive game tonight. Made some crucial and strong tackles.
1 - AFB. Leg drive was monstrous in the post tackle.

HMs and so close to points. Montoya (that fend), Ford (so sound defensively), Harris, Pompey, Kosi, Jazz.

And for all of those calling for DWZ? He's pretty rusty!

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
DWZ was a bit rusty but he still ran for 152m, second only to CNK today. That’s pretty handy after a big layoff.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Walker - slotted into #6 beautifully and stole the show
2. SJ - defended well, a hand in two tries and kept his cool
1. Curran - showed up all night, such a workhorse

HM Tevaga would have got points for his sheer work if not for those stupid mistakes
AFB was barnstorming, Harris played a key role too.

Penrose_11

Juniors
3. CNK
2. SJ
1. AFB

Thought Charnze stood up bigtime. Just a beast at the back. Lots of yards yards out in the start of sets as well.
SJ ran the team around well. Not his most polished game but did what he needed to.
Struggled to find a 3rs standout TBH. Lots of players had solid games but then let themselves down or went missing for big chunks. AFB got some good roll on and hot on the board

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
As much as it’s f**k him for turning his back on the Kiwis, it’s kind of a shame AFB isn’t eligible for Origin. He’s an Aussie really, and an elite prop imo

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3. CNK
2. SJ
1. AFB

Thought Charnze stood up bigtime. Just a beast at the back. Lots of yards yards out in the start of sets as well.
SJ ran the team around well. Not his most polished game but did what he needed to.
Struggled to find a 3rs standout TBH. Lots of players had solid games but then let themselves down or went missing for big chunks. AFB got some good roll on and hot on the board
How did you miss Walker? He was in everything today